[XAP] WP Screenshot 0.3 (send screenshots over the network)

Search This thread

contable

Oct 25, 2009

Attachments

• XDAWallpaper-PhotoChooser-3505f137-0fe9-40c1-9b61-8720069a04fd.jpg
    XDAWallpaper-PhotoChooser-3505f137-0fe9-40c1-9b61-8720069a04fd.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 80

eric1204

2. I have now added an option to use volume keys for capturing screenshots (version 0.3). All HTC HD2 users, please try this feature.

The HD2 new ROM contains "Settings Ex" application which was done by ultrashot. there have 4 choose to set focus key , and now both option in v0.3 work on HD2. :)

another suggestion notification time may have setting be great , 5min seems too short and "WP Screenshot.exe" on computer can remember save folder that will be awesome. :D

Thank you for this convenient tool again.

Attachments

• WP-14-01-2012-08-42-09.jpg
    WP-14-01-2012-08-42-09.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 54
  • WP-28-01-2012-10-17-47.jpg
    WP-28-01-2012-10-17-47.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 55

64GUNSHIP

Jul 8, 2011
I've been using this for about 3 weeks now, and haven't found any issues with it. My only thoughts are if you could make it livestream to the desktop? Even if only via USB. WPDM 1.9 features this, although I'm unsure of how it works. I've missed this functionality in an app ever since mango broke one of the other screen cap programs. Just a suggestion, albeit big ;)

rubehu

Sep 23, 2008
Gracias

WP Screenshot
Latest PC version: 0.2 | Latest phone version: 0.3

** About:
This is another Windows Phone Mango screenshot tool that works a bit differently from other implementation(s). It sends screenshots over the network to a PC application, so that you can instantly show your phone's screen on your monitor or projector.

** Usage:
  1. Start "WP Screenshot.exe" on your computer and make sure that port 50560 is open (or simply allow the application to access the network when Windows Firewall pops up).
  2. Start "WP Screenshot" on your Windows Phone device, enter the IP address of your computer (use local IP in case of running both parts on the same local network) and tap "Connect and start".
  3. Now, when you press any of the selected buttons, a screenshot should be sent to your PC (there you can do some neat things with it, try CTRL+H).
  4. When you want to stop the background worker, simply open the application again and tap "Stop".

** Current issues/limitations:
  • There can be some annoying lag when there is bad WiFi coverage.
  • It won't capture screens from games (XNA) and videos.

** Requirements:
  • developer unlocked Windows Phone (to deploy the application)
  • .NET Framework 4 (you need this if the PC application won't start)

** New in version 0.3:
  • ability to use volume buttons for taking screenshots (phone)

** New in version 0.2:
  • toast notification after 5 minutes of inactivity (phone)
  • autosave mode - screenshots get automatically saved into a desired folder (PC)
  • ability to stretch screenshot to fit to current window size (PC)

The screen capturing part is based on "The DllImport project (by fiinix)".

I am looking forward to all the feedback and I'll do my best to fix and improve this application in the future.

Muy buena y sencilla aplicacion

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WP Screenshot
    Latest PC version: 0.2 | Latest phone version: 0.3

** About:
    This is another Windows Phone Mango screenshot tool that works a bit differently from other implementation(s). It sends screenshots over the network to a PC application, so that you can instantly show your phone's screen on your monitor or projector.

** Usage:
    1. Start "WP Screenshot.exe" on your computer and make sure that port 50560 is open (or simply allow the application to access the network when Windows Firewall pops up).
    2. Start "WP Screenshot" on your Windows Phone device, enter the IP address of your computer (use local IP in case of running both parts on the same local network) and tap "Connect and start".
    3. Now, when you press any of the selected buttons, a screenshot should be sent to your PC (there you can do some neat things with it, try CTRL+H).
    4. When you want to stop the background worker, simply open the application again and tap "Stop".

** Current issues/limitations:
    • There can be some annoying lag when there is bad WiFi coverage.
    • It won't capture screens from games (XNA) and videos.

** Requirements:
    • developer unlocked Windows Phone (to deploy the application)
    • .NET Framework 4 (you need this if the PC application won't start)

** New in version 0.3:
    • ability to use volume buttons for taking screenshots (phone)

** New in version 0.2:
    • toast notification after 5 minutes of inactivity (phone)
    • autosave mode - screenshots get automatically saved into a desired folder (PC)
    • ability to stretch screenshot to fit to current window size (PC)

The screen capturing part is based on "The DllImport project (by fiinix)".

I am looking forward to all the feedback and I'll do my best to fix and improve this application in the future.
    Suggestion : Auto Save to folder so if I want to take multiple screenshoot quickly I dont have to come to my desktop every time.

Worked over my Samsung Focus. And Many many thanks for this.
    Hey, this looks very good and would work for me (I've tried it), but since there's no camera button on my HD2 I can't use it. Is there any way to configure another button to do the same thing? (I'm afraid not...)

Anyway, will be featured in the portal!

Thanks :) I'll play with the volume keys next week. Maybe I can get the screenshot before music controls show up and make this at least partly usable on HD2.
    Acouple Questions & sugjestions!

I would think that the window on pc needs to be at 480x800 rez or...
    800x480 & also a buton to switch betwen portret & landscape mode!

I have no camira button on my htc hd2. How can I take pictures with this?
    could you implement a small soft key overlay?

I apsolutly love the diler pad its not so big as default & much better for what I am use to on cell phone I think I could text & dial better with it personaly I am very use to only the 9 buttons call me old fashen I gess but having the hole abc's with small buttons making it hard for me to text I would realy like to use it as default dialer for my phone and for texting to. Would you mind shareing the code for devs to cook with?
    or is it public code I could use?

1. You can press CTRL+R to rotate current screenshot and later CTRL+D to fit window size to the actual screenshot size.

2. I have now added an option to use volume keys for capturing screenshots (version 0.3). All HTC HD2 users, please try this feature.

3. It's http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.controls.textbox.inputscope(v=vs.95).aspx. In my case: <TextBox ... InputScope="TelephoneNumber" ... />
    works but hope things can be made easier
    In what way easier? Do you have anything specific in your mind?