[Q] A501 baseband values?

Search This thread

tangodude

Feb 4, 2011
I noticed that there are a few ROMs for the A501 that I want to try out. I have a AT&T A501 and I assume that in order to keep the 4G interface I have to maintain the same baseband values that I currently have? Is it correct to assume that if I flash a non-AT&T based A501 ROM that 3G will function fine -- it just won't be 4G?

Does anyone know the baseband values for the ROM listed as "A501 HC 3.2 Stock Rooted?"

Is it possible to flash the Alexandra III ROM and then subsequently flash back to the correct baseband values?

Thanks

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
I noticed that there are a few ROMs for the A501 that I want to try out. I have a AT&T A501 and I assume that in order to keep the 4G interface I have to maintain the same baseband values that I currently have? Is it correct to assume that if I flash a non-AT&T based A501 ROM that 3G will function fine -- it just won't be 4G?

Does anyone know the baseband values for the ROM listed as "A501 HC 3.2 Stock Rooted?"

Is it possible to flash the Alexandra III ROM and then subsequently flash back to the correct baseband values?

Thanks

Hello! Generally, you can flash just about any 501 rom without doing any damage to your baseband. Nobody has complained yet ;)

And yes, you will probably only get 3g on your tab, although 1 person claimed he was still getting 4g in CanadaI believe. Not sure if it was true 4g, or it was just indicating that.

You might want to wait a little bit. An ICS build was just leaked today for the 501. So if you can wait, you may still be able to retain the 4g. No promises.

ordio

Nov 3, 2010
Calgary
Hello! Generally, you can flash just about any 501 rom without doing any damage to your baseband. Nobody has complained yet ;)

And yes, you will probably only get 3g on your tab, although 1 person claimed he was still getting 4g in CanadaI believe. Not sure if it was true 4g, or it was just indicating that.

You might want to wait a little bit. An ICS build was just leaked today for the 501. So if you can wait, you may still be able to retain the 4g. No promises.

That was me (being in Canada and getting 4g), or at least it seemed 4g. Definitely faster than my 3g galaxy s.

What are you getting for up/Down with at&t? At least it'll give me a comparison.

I'm using the rogers variant but its unlocked and I'm on bell. Works great at least.

Sent from my A501 using Tapatalk 2

tangodude

Feb 4, 2011
Moscow,

Thanks for the reply. I think I will wait a little while longer to see if ICS shows any promise. I got my a501 with 3.2 already loaded on it so I would have to revert to get root. Something I'm not too eager in doing since I have no way of backing up my original configuration. Alexandria III really interested me because of the 4g occurrence in one of the posts. It would given me a little more confidence if it had been an at&t user.

tangodude

Feb 4, 2011
That was me (being in Canada and getting 4g), or at least it seemed 4g. Definitely faster than my 3g galaxy s.

What are you getting for up/Down with at&t? At least it'll give me a comparison.

I'm using the rogers variant but its unlocked and I'm on bell. Works great at least.

Sent from my A501 using Tapatalk 2

The best speedtest result was 2.672Mbps down and .954Mbps up which seems slow to me considering my ATRIX2 gets 10.49Mbps down and 1.07Mbps up both are considered to be AT&T 4g devices. What are you getting in your part of the world?