Galaxy SIII Flashed 2 Boost Mobile

Search This thread

izzox

Jul 1, 2012
Bethesda
I got the Verizon GS3 (voice and SMS only) working on Sprint network. Should work on Boost as well. I'm stuck on getting data to work. 1xRTT and 3G aren't working yet.

Has anyone else attempted this?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

I have the same problem. I got a vzw GS3 & a vzw GNex. I was never able to get data on the GS3, with the Gnex I had 3g showing up for 10 sec once. I think that there must be something related to the sim blocking access to 3g.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008
With or without the SIM, my VZW GS3 behaves the same. I've seen ads in craigslist claiming they can activate this on Boost... So pretty confident it can be done.

YoYo9500

Sep 30, 2012
Sorry, nooby here

Does anyone know if sanyo innuendo can be a donor?
Is it possible to get the ha and aaa keys using dfs? I heard that its hard to get the info from the innuendo soo idk

If anyone can help thank you

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008
I have the same problem. I got a vzw GS3 & a vzw GNex. I was never able to get data on the GS3, with the Gnex I had 3g showing up for 10 sec once. I think that there must be something related to the sim blocking access to 3g.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I got the VZW GS3 working on Sprint (voice, sms, 3G data). You need to use QPST to do Profile 0 and 1. Then use QPST to load Sprint PRL. Only thing not working now is MMS. It's an APN issue. For some reason when I use APN Backup & Restore to restore a Sprint GS3 APN to the phone, the phone isn't using/recognizing the APN's. Current work around is to use Go SMS Pro for MMS and manually set the MMS Proxy in the app.

Reactions: izzox

trim81

Feb 11, 2006
@alpine,

For the vzw on sprint, over the air activation won't work? Or update profile?

.... And your dfs method for sprint won't work for the vzw s3?

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008
@alpine,

For the vzw on sprint, over the air activation won't work? Or update profile?

.... And your dfs method for sprint won't work for the vzw s3?

Unfortunately, there is no Update Profile in VZW GS3. Not sure if there's any other way to do OTA on it. I haven't tried the Sprint Zone app to see if that will work. I had to manually populate Profile 0 and 1 using QPST. Also need to manually put in a Sprint PRL using QPST in order to save the config. I used 24006.prl.

I actually used both DFS and QPST to do the VZW GS3. I did everything on DFS except for profile 0 and 1 and loading 24006 PRL.

BTW, if you've got a Verizon SIM in the phone...remove it. Otherwise, you won't be able to connect to the Sprint network. :D

Last edited:

izzox

Jul 1, 2012
Bethesda
i got the vzw gs3 working on sprint (voice, sms, 3g data). You need to use qpst to do profile 0 and 1. Then use qpst to load sprint prl. Only thing not working now is mms. It's an apn issue. For some reason when i use apn backup & restore to restore a sprint gs3 apn to the phone, the phone isn't using/recognizing the apn's. Current work around is to use go sms pro for mms and manually set the mms proxy in the app.

thanks man will try that later today

shadricksimms

Oct 16, 2011
sprint gs3 flashed 2 boost

:) i have the sprint gs3.yaaaaay but awwwwww because its fun to flash the roms on it an all ,,,,but i cant get things to work with this dam phone. only simple problem im having is to get the free hotspot to work.:) other than that its ok if my phone was flashed right lol . i get 129 as a error 3g lost alot unlike my gs2:confused:

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Is anyone getting 3g lost a lot? Is there a way to fix it. I lose service on the bus lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

newnoobkid

Jun 12, 2011
Confused

using alpines method on page 5 am I suppse to plug up the boost phone first or the gs3

crow11

Dec 16, 2010
Hey guys I've been using the phone for about a month 3 G speed really really bad is anyone have a clue on how to fix this thanks! I live in the L.A area.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008
Are you sure you're connected at 3G? Disconnect from wifi if connected. Run the Speed Test app. Then go to System Settings, About Device, Status. Then look at what Mobile Network Type says. If it says 1xRTT, then you're not connected at 3G. Check Profile 0 and 1.

retailguy

Sep 29, 2011
I have my siii flashed to boost with talk/text. 3G works for about a minute then disappears.

I've been trying to use the free version of DFS to connect but can't get it to work, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, all I keep seeing is options to "connect my apple device". What am I doing wrong?

Also, any ideas on what might be wrong with the 3g connection?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i got the passwords... hit the thanks

but all credits go to sedds89

16 digit passwords are the same as the s3 versions
    uscc-2010031619780721
    verizon-2009031920090615
    sprint-01F2030F5F678FF9 or 2012112120131219

code works on S4 too
    All his Big Brothers have been taken down ......... Epic 4G, EVO 4G, EVO Shift, EVO 3D, Epic 4G Touch, Nexus S. and even some VZN Phones have all been Flashed over to Boost Mobile, will the Almightily Heavy weight champion of the Smartphone WORLD be a challenge?? I'm planning to take him down (KTFO) as soon as I receive it in my Lake of the Woods next week. But if you take him down first tell us about it............Happy Flashing :)
    I finally got 3G working using DFS 4.0.0.4.

1) Go to the Programming tab.

2) Click on the Data sub tab.

2a) Click on Read button.

3) Under PAP:
    UID: samsung01@sprintpcs.com
    Pwd: samsung

4) Under HDR AN:
    NAI: MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com
    Pwd: (checked) enter your 32 digit HEX AAA password

5) Under HDR AN Long:
    UID: MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com
    Pwd: (checked) enter your 32 digit HEX AAA password

6) Put a check mark on "Authentication require password encryption"

7) Click on the Write button

8) Goto the Mobile IP sub tab.

8a) Click on Read button.

9) Right click on the first Profile radio button (that's Profile 0), and enable it.

10) Click on the Write button

11) On the Selected Profile settings section:
    NAI: MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com
    Home address: 0.0.0.0
    Prim HA address: 68.28.15.12
    Sec HA address: 68.28.31.12
    AAA Shared Secret: enter your 32 digit HEX AAA password (put check mark on "Enter value in HEX")
    HA Shared Secret: secret (remove check mark on "Enter value in HEX"

12) Click on Write current profile settings.

13) Reboot the phone. Then run the Update Profile and Update PRL on your Galaxy S3.

14) Done.

The settings above is to activate the Galaxy S3 on a legacy Sprint account like SERO. I believe it will also work for Boost. I left Profile 1 alone since the Update Profile automatically takes care of this for you...and so it doesn't matter if you're activating this on SERO or Boost.
    I flashed the galaxy s3 to boost with 3g internet how can you get the mms working on it and I tried restoring apn with a apn backup restore but it says can't do that in 4.0

any help would be appreciated
    thank you for 16 digit code.

Root your phone if it isn't already then..Get the paid version of root explorer.. Then push apn backup & restore to system apps..reboot into recovery wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, go to advanced fix permissions..reboot got back to apn app hit menu and disable the ics check... Now you got working mms... Cheers (also wiping the caches isn't needed I just like to do it)

Edit: Before doing the above steps ##3282# change the mms url to mm.myboostmobile.com, then back up that apn with the app or if you already have that apn xml then your golden, ics won't allow you to restore the apn if you don't follow the instructions up top.. Hit the thanks button if I helped you, also these instructions are in the play store under the apps description.. I take no credit into finding this I just read alot..lol give it a shot mms should work properly without the use of go sms.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
    So overall, is everyone having pretty good success with moving their sprint gs3 phone to boost? I just lost my 25% discount and I am considering paying the $350 to get out of my contract and move to boost or might even try pageplus if the phone can do it. Pageplus seems like it would be a better deal as Verizon has a faster network in my area. They got LTE before we even got wimax.

I got mine going works great I did a tutorial go here to see it http://forums.team-nocturnal.com/showthread.php/1064-got-my-Galaxy-S3-on-Boost-Mobile