[Q] Sprint HTC M8 stuck in boot loop and unable to access recovery

Search This thread

oats123

Jul 29, 2014
My m8 is stuck in a boot loop and i am unable to access the recovery to factory reset the phone. Its been like this for 2 days now, and i have not found any solid help on the matter. I can get into hboot, however fastboot does not work and i cannot get into the recovery (the options are there, but when i press them they just disappear and nothing happens). If i connect the phone to my pc, the fastboot usb option shows up.

What im looking for are some step by step instructions on how to fix the matter. Ive posted on the /r/techsupport subreddit, and ive been told to either use an RUU or try and reflash a recovery, but without the instructions on how to do so.

Flashalot

Jun 7, 2012
Chicago
My m8 is stuck in a boot loop and i am unable to access the recovery to factory reset the phone. Its been like this for 2 days now, and i have not found any solid help on the matter. I can get into hboot, however fastboot does not work and i cannot get into the recovery (the options are there, but when i press them they just disappear and nothing happens). If i connect the phone to my pc, the fastboot usb option shows up.

What im looking for are some step by step instructions on how to fix the matter. Ive posted on the /r/techsupport subreddit, and ive been told to either use an RUU or try and reflash a recovery, but without the instructions on how to do so.
You have some options
Non-s-off
fastboot flash a recovery with this command
Code:
fast boot flash recovery recovery.img

if your s-off
use caption_throwback's bootloader flashable twrp with your external SD card

use the Harman Kardon ruu

Sent From my Evo 3D with the dark Lords kernel