Backlight HELP.........

Search This thread

milepan

Dec 22, 2008
I set my Backlight setings "Turn off backlight if phone is not used for 1 min " or 2,3,4,5 min
The problem is:
after few minutes ( or when my battery go down a little bit) the settings "1min" is going change to "30sec".... every time
"Turn off backlight if phone is not used for 30 seconds"

pom979

Dec 27, 2010
Have the same problem, i even sent the phone to servis because of this and a lot of other stuf. After 14 days they manadge to hard reset the phone and send it back.
To solve the problem ju must disable the avtomatic bright adjustment, it works for me and if jou are a new user of x2 you will heve to read a lot more posts to get the phone working as it should.:eek:

milepan

Dec 22, 2008
thank you for your answer

thank you for your answer, even i spend a lot of time (may be 40-50 hour) to personalize it, it was hard, but
i make it so pleasent for work.
To me when turn off "automatic bright adjustment" does't work.
The problem appear 1 time on day, when my batteri indicator decrease with one line down.

milepan

Dec 22, 2008
can anybody help me

I'll be so pleasent, if someone help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My problem is:
I set my Backlight setings "Turn off backlight if phone is not used for 1 min " or 2,3,4,5 min
The problem is:
after few minutes or hours when my battery indicator go down with one line ( my battery go to exhausting) the settings "1 min" is going (return) to change to "30 sec".... every time....like that:

I try to change registry: "KEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Backlight\BatteryTimeout" with VALUE 0, 60, 120, 240 or more, but after 2-3,4 hours the value change to 5 , and after 5 sec. my screen freezing (turn off) and I must touch 1 time to turn it ON and 1 time to DO something.
It is for me very nervous.

THANK YOU BEFOREHAND
My REGARDS Milen Panayotov

p.s. Sorry about my English

Hakim Rahman

Oct 28, 2010
in here
I'll be so pleasent, if someone help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My problem is:
The problem is:
after few minutes or hours when my battery indicator go down with one line ( my battery go to exhausting) the settings "1 min" is going (return) to change to "30 sec".... every time....like that:

I try to change registry: "KEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Backlight\BatteryTimeout" with VALUE 0, 60, 120, 240 or more, but after 2-3,4 hours the value change to 5 , and after 5 sec. my screen freezing (turn off) and I must touch 1 time to turn it ON and 1 time to DO something.
It is for me very nervous.

THANK YOU BEFOREHAND
My REGARDS Milen Panayotov

p.s. Sorry about my English

Hard reset your device to factory defaulr settings
to perform Xperia X2 hard reset look at --> http://www.hard-reset.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x2-hard-reset.html

michaelthemage

Dec 30, 2008
U.S. of A.
Learned lesson!

Hopefully you learned the lesson: just because someone for the lack of a better advice tells you "hard reset" you should NOT do it! Makes mostly NEVER any sense to 'just reset' the phone or computer!

Either it is something wrong with YOUR specific phone, or you can try to set the Stand By Mode while on External Power to NEVER, turn off backlight to 1min

at least with these settings my phone won't change!

Another try might be setting on external power to 2 min for standby and 1 mon for Turn Off backlight.

Usually the change from Battery 1 min backlight to 30sec. happens when the phone is connected to the ac and then taken off ac.

But again, I solved that on MY phone with the settings:

Battery: 1 min for backlight
2 min for standby

On External Power: 1 min for backlight
NEVER for standby

and it says that way until battery dies and ac on or off does also not matter. It just stays that way. Give it a try.... it much less painful then a senseless hard reset ;)

milepan

Dec 22, 2008
thanks for answer

Hopefully you learned the lesson: just because someone for the lack of a better advice tells you "hard reset" you should NOT do it! Makes mostly NEVER any sense to 'just reset' the phone or computer!

Either it is something wrong with YOUR specific phone, or you can try to set the Stand By Mode while on External Power to NEVER, turn off backlight to 1min

at least with these settings my phone won't change!

Another try might be setting on external power to 2 min for standby and 1 mon for Turn Off backlight.

Usually the change from Battery 1 min backlight to 30sec. happens when the phone is connected to the ac and then taken off ac.

But again, I solved that on MY phone with the settings:

Battery: 1 min for backlight
2 min for standby

On External Power: 1 min for backlight
NEVER for standby

and it says that way until battery dies and ac on or off does also not matter. It just stays that way. Give it a try.... it much less painful then a senseless hard reset ;)

It's does't work to me .. :-(

yiannisor

Sep 2, 2008
keep a backup of your phone with your favorite backlight settings and whenever your backlight settings change just restore only your registry from the correct backup you have already made.
For me the settings change whenever i pull out the battery of the phone because it stuks so i am unable to turn it off properly or to restart it.

milepan

Dec 22, 2008
May I find decision

- 1st thanks for your answer

- For me it doesn't work because it happend to often.

- I try this (may be work)......
SKTools5 --> Tune Up! --> System Tweaks-->
Battery Resuming Suspennd Timeout
(my value was 5 and I change it to default-60)