I Just Want a Browser Which Does The Basics Well

Search This thread

Gaugerer

Sep 9, 2011
For me, a Browser needs to support Flash, have a good speed dialer(which can be set as the home page), a good bookmarks manager, a good password manager and if it is fast as well then I'm happy.

Other than the Boat browser, I'm finding it quite difficult to find many browsers which meet these basic requirements.

The well known browsers like Chrome, Dolphin, Opera etc. have all abandoned Flash or don't have built-in password managers or lack good speed dialers which can be set as the home page.

The only other browser that I've found which almost meets my criteria is the Maxthon browser, but that does not have a password manager.

I use Keepass as a backup in case my Boat passwords get lost and that can be used to copy and paste login details to browsers. But for some reason it does not work with the Maxthon browser.

Are there any other browsers besides Boat which does the basics well?

devilcaeser2010

Sep 29, 2012
My 2 cents, Get the ocean browser , Amazingly smooth ,

Even maxthon does the job well , but ocean is amazing with its pie interface

frakki

Mar 28, 2011
Is there any chance on enabling the desktop version the time.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Gaugerer

Sep 9, 2011
Have you tried Naked Browser or Lighting Browser

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for your suggestions. But I really need a browser that includes a password manager because I have a lot of passwords and the Boat browser seems to be the only browser which includes a good free password manager.

HansiHusten

Dec 19, 2006
Like you wrote -> Boat Browser!
Found it yesterday and its just awesome. Small (3MB), Java support, awesome smooth flash support, memory friendly, highly customizeable!
Pure awesome!

SFG

Dec 23, 2010
+1 Boat browser. You need to enable Flash support in settings after you install it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

cadiken

Mar 19, 2010
Have you tried Ocean browser? Very smooth on the Nexus 10. Not sure if the password management is as robust as you need but give it a try. Mine works with flash player 11.1.115.27.

Top Liked Posts