Ongoing Wi-Fi Toggle Notification in the Verizon Galaxy S3

Search This thread

ouray770

Dec 5, 2011
I think I may have found it. WifiOffLoading. does anyone know what this is? I havent had the nag since disabling it. Not sure if its related so if someone knows more please post. ty

Please can you provide detailed instructions on how to disable WifiOffLoading. I can't seem to figure it out. I installed anycut, but I need help.

Thanks in advance!

tillithz

Sep 4, 2009
Oakland
Please can you provide detailed instructions on how to disable WifiOffLoading. I can't seem to figure it out. I installed anycut, but I need help.

Thanks in advance!

whats funny is, my wife pre ordered the sgs3 phone on verizon 2 weeks after I did, and hers came 3 days later. It doesnt nag to use wifi, and I havent done anything to it.

anyways, run anycut, select activity, then scroll down to hiddenmenuwifioffloadin I think, it maybe named differently then what I remember. then create the shortcut to your home, then launch it and disable. simple enough. ty

Reactions: chwakerider06

samtatejr

Sep 17, 2009
vzw WiFi notification fix

To stop the notifications enable Wi-Fi and forget all known networks then disable WiFi and then glory in vzw unlit 4g lte without interruption no root needed....

p-slim

May 25, 2008
San Jose
whats funny is, my wife pre ordered the sgs3 phone on verizon 2 weeks after I did, and hers came 3 days later. It doesnt nag to use wifi, and I havent done anything to it.

anyways, run anycut, select activity, then scroll down to hiddenmenuwifioffloadin I think, it maybe named differently then what I remember. then create the shortcut to your home, then launch it and disable. simple enough. ty

When I do this, the notification is still there, any ideas

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jdbeitz

Jul 19, 2010
Cincinnati
hey guys. i've tried anycut, AND ive tried the sql edits with no luck. im on the att lte variant i747. any ideas?

jdbeitz

Jul 19, 2010
Cincinnati
again, this is not for att and sprint and tmobile and anyone else EXCEPT verizon. on your phones you have the option to disable the notifications built in to the wireless settings.

That is not correct. There is NO disabling it via the OS or settings. In wifi settings i have: Network Notification (when open network is available), keep wifi on, auto connect, wifi band, mac address, and ip address.

tillithz

Sep 4, 2009
Oakland
That is not correct. There is NO disabling it via the OS or settings. In wifi settings i have: Network Notification (when open network is available), keep wifi on, auto connect, wifi band, mac address, and ip address.
verizon was apparently the only one that removed the notification disable option. Your options for att to turn that off are in tact. try using them (maybe Network Notification check box?)

jdbeitz

Jul 19, 2010
Cincinnati
verizon was apparently the only one that removed the notification disable option. Your options for att to turn that off are in tact. try using them (maybe Network Notification check box?)

I have that unchecked, but that is only to notify you when you come in range of an open network, not to notify you when you are connected to any network

tillithz

Sep 4, 2009
Oakland
I have that unchecked, but that is only to notify you when you come in range of an open network, not to notify you when you are connected to any network

not sure what to say, since reports were only that verizon had that and i only have verizon. I can tell you that using the wifioffloading works fine for verizon.

A side note, I have a friend on att with an sgs3 and they dont get that notification and they are completely stock... maybe youve done something besides this?

Reactions: jdbeitz

chwakerider06

Aug 19, 2010
Colleyville
Any Cut and SQLite

On a Verizon GS3-- the SQLite instructions get rid of the notification in the pull down menu :victory: , and AnyCut will get rid of the prompt when you open up apps:victory:. Has anyone figured out how to get the Wifi Toggle back in the quick settings next to bluetooth, GPS, etc.?

macdroid01

Mar 20, 2011
On a Verizon GS3-- the SQLite instructions get rid of the notification in the pull down menu :victory: , and AnyCut will get rid of the prompt when you open up apps:victory:. Has anyone figured out how to get the Wifi Toggle back in the quick settings next to bluetooth, GPS, etc.?

Yes. The app "Power Control". It's so awesome. Creates a second row of widgets but I don't mind, I use it for turning off Wifi, turning on LED as flashlight, and for universal Screen Brightness. All things that VZ or Samsung left out. Now my status bar is perfect. :)

Will this SQLite mess with anything, does it require root etc? If I do it... will it mess with any future updates VZ/Samsung release OTA?

redbearde

Aug 27, 2010
North Carolina

Thanks in advance!

from here:

MOD 2 (Removes WIFI pop up when entering an app): Does not need root

-Download "any cut" app from your favorite website or app store
-Open any cut app and click new shortcut
-Click on Activity
-Scroll down to "HiddenMenuWifioffload" and click it
-Click ok to create a shortcut. Shortcut is placed on you homescreen automatically
-Exit any cut app and locate your newly created short cut and click the short cut
-Choose Disable WifiOffloading option and hit OK
-exit program

jmorton10

Jul 1, 2008
Rochester, NY

nerys71

May 13, 2008
thank you very much this actually works. kind of.

it crates a "device" entry in my computer and when you enter that you get CARD and PHONE

not UMS but close functionally (so far)

hopefully someone can "rip out" this mtp crap and get us back to true UMS soon.

dunderball

Jul 7, 2012
To disable the wifi nag (the one that goes 'known wifi networks available'), just punch this into the dialer: *#6335623#

Choose disable then OK.

In order to disable the 'ongoing' wifi notification in the pull down, you have to do the sql lite method on stock-rooted that was mentioned in an earlier post.

countryfolk07

To disable the wifi nag (the one that goes 'known wifi networks available'), just punch this into the dialer: *#6335623#

Choose disable then OK.

In order to disable the 'ongoing' wifi notification in the pull down, you have to do the sql lite method on stock-rooted that was mentioned in an earlier post.

I dial this and nothing happens. Is there a trick to this?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fix

Droid-Life posted a fix for this, you must be rooted.

Also a note, mine did not have the same id. Mine was 10 and not 86 so yours may be different as well.

Unfortunately I'm too new to post a link so here are the steps

1. Download an SQL editor from the Play store and open it. SQLite Editor is an option.
    2. Find Setting storage>settings.db>secure:
    3. Locate line 86 “wifi_networks_available_notification_on” in the editor and long press on that record.
    4. Choose “Edit Record” and change the value to 0 (zero).
    5. Save the record, back out and restart your phone. Enjoy not having a WiFi notification any longer.

Someone feel free to add a link to it later.
    Where can I find AnyCut? It doesn't seem to be in the market. Did a search and seems like this disappearance is a recent development.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28453679&postcount=220

Hope I dont get into trouble for posting. Obviously if its bad, any Mods please remove. ty

a side note, dial codes dont seem to work on verizon version, but with anycut it seems to create any of those menus.

Thanks in advance!

not sure what to say, since reports were only that verizon had that and i only have verizon. I can tell you that using the wifioffloading works fine for verizon.

A side note, I have a friend on att with an sgs3 and they dont get that notification and they are completely stock... maybe youve done something besides this?