[Q] Acro S .. Answer the Qs if u can ^_^ .. thx

Search This thread

Mahmoud Halem

Nov 30, 2013
Egypt
www.facebook.com
1- am nw using beanstalk rom 4.4255 .. befor unlocking bootloader i did a backup with cwm .. if i flash the stock rom but with unlcoked bootloader .. can i restore the backup or the backup is for locked bootloader only ?!!

2- i i did a backup with TWRP Recovery .. can i restore it by CWM or not ??

3- if i flashed stock rom .. and deodex it .. so can i flash this kernel ?? or it's for odexed rom only ??

thanks .. and sry for bad english

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
if you backed up your TA partition then you can restore that to relock after you flash a stock kernel,

if you backup using cwm or twrp with a unlocked bootloader it can brick your device if you restore (no idea why) it also does the same with other LBL restoring to a device with LBL

you can restore a twrp backup in CWM but some modifacations needs to be made to the files, so in short not realy unless you know what your doing

deodexing literly means the removal of odex files in your system (odex files ~ pre-compiled parts of an app)
by deodexing your making the app run from the source
(also when you open an app it compiles)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mahmoud Halem

Mahmoud Halem

Nov 30, 2013
Egypt
www.facebook.com
if you backed up your TA partition then you can restore that to relock after you flash a stock kernel,

if you backup using cwm or twrp with a unlocked bootloader it can brick your device if you restore (no idea why) it also does the same with other LBL restoring to a device with LBL

you can restore a twrp backup in CWM but some modifacations needs to be made to the files, so in short not realy unless you know what your doing

deodexing literly means the removal of odex files in your system (odex files ~ pre-compiled parts of an app)

i backed up TA but i wont to restore it .. i wont to relock BL yet .

so i can't restore my old backup when i locked , to my mob with unlocked .. it can hard brick :|

and about restore twrp backup with cwm .. we can say that i can't restore cuz i don't know what do to

about deodex .. i know the meaning of deodex .. but i heard that we can't use the stock kernel to a stock deodexed rom ?!!

anyway thanks man for answer ^_^ ( Thanks Pressed )

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
that doesnt seem right
deodex does not have anything to do with kernels

you can restore a lbl backup to a ubl device

ive done before, i bricked when i restored lbl to lbl and ubl to lbl

make sense? if not ask!!

Sent from my LT26i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Mahmoud Halem

Mahmoud Halem

Nov 30, 2013
Egypt
www.facebook.com
i have no idea and some other people have had this issue so i like to warn

How this happen !!! Iam always backup my rom via cwm when i was locked befor flashing any rom .. Cuz if any error appears so can restore my rom ... So how u bricked ur phone after restoring ... All people do this and no thing happen

Sent from my Xperia Acro S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

that doesnt seem right
    deodex does not have anything to do with kernels

you can restore a lbl backup to a ubl device

ive done before, i bricked when i restored lbl to lbl and ubl to lbl

make sense? if not ask!!