[THEME] AOSP Theme With Multi Colors For CleanRom ACE & Tweaked VZW Remix[6/21/13]

Search This thread

BennyJr

Mar 29, 2010
Orlando FL
Great work. Any chance we will see this for tweaked? I saw you had one for tmobile. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

J

justinisloco

Has anyone tried to flash this on CleanROM VZW SE? I mean both roms arent far apart at all and this is the theme ive been looking for! Lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

foreverloco

Oct 20, 2011
Gainesville, FL
Found a fix to the Gmail issue in the white and yellow themes where the sender name and email would be hard or impossible to read. With the new Gmail the sender info will be highlighted in the color of the theme drawing from the framework which makes it a bit hard to read in the yellow and practically impossible to see with the white. I've been trying to figure out a way to change that without changing other aspects of the theme and finally figured it would be easier to just change the text colors and a couple of pngs in the Gmail.apk instead of messing around with my styles in the theme.

Screen of the the fix with the white theme

Screenshot_2013-06-13-04-01-58%7E01.png

Here's the zip. It only has the xmls to change that text color and the couple of pngs needed for the Gmail.apk. I've also attached it to the bottom of the second post.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/darkside4/files/Black_Sender_Gmail_Text.zip/download

Reactions: drakeymcmb

pschatz12

Jul 1, 2012
Central NJ
Hey loco,
Is there a way you can make a zip to keep the original at&t signal icons instead of the aosp 4g? As always, thanks for the amazing work!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: foreverloco

foreverloco

Oct 20, 2011
Gainesville, FL
Hey loco,
Is there a way you can make a zip to keep the original at&t signal icons instead of the aosp 4g? As always, thanks for the amazing work!

Sorry, but I won't be adding those. I would have to undo some of the mods I have in the SystemUI or re-size and re-position the stock data icons to look right and then I would have to make a different mod for each color. As things are, including the colors I'm currently supporting over 30 versions on different roms and variants of the phone, so as you can see I kinda have my hands full as is. I did post a quick how to in the T-mobile thread on what you would have to do for the stock 4g icon if you wanna give it a shot. Here

thatdudebutch

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 28, 2010
Raleigh, NC
www.twitter.com
Added a remove am/pm mod.

Sorry man, but as much as I would like to support another Tweaked version since the T-mobile version is my DD, I just don't have enough time to support more roms. :(

We should pool a couple bucks together so you would be motivated to port to the Verizon version of tweaked. :)

Reactions: dwitherell

foreverloco

Oct 20, 2011
Gainesville, FL
We should pool a couple bucks together so you would be motivated to port to the Verizon version of tweaked. :)

LOL. It's not about the motivation, but more about the time. Tweaked is a kind of rom that needs a bit more attention than most roms when it comes to themeing because of all the options in the rom. Due to the transparency option in it, I needed to make a different framework-res resources.arsc for each color, one to keep the transparency mod and one with full opaque so the wallpaper wouldn't flash between menu screens for those using 0 transparency. That's a total of 16 em just for Tweaked :silly:

stueycaster

Aug 19, 2011
Indianapolis
I flashed the Tweaked AOSP Theme and everything came out fine. Then I flashed the 100% transparent status bar and ended up with "unfortunately Systemui has stopped working" and no status bar. Luckily I had a backup. When I flashed it I wiped cache and dalvik and fixed permissions after. Is that the proper procedure or should I have done something different?

I did have a transparent status bar of sorts that I had set up in TSM Parts. It doesn't show as transparent when I'm in apps with a white background though. I had it set to "Background uses color" and set the color on black with the "Alpha" set about 70%. Maybe something I did here caused it to fail?

Sent from my SCH-I605 with Tweaked VZW Remix using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

LOL. It's not about the motivation, but more about the time. Tweaked is a kind of rom that needs a bit more attention than most roms when it comes to themeing because of all the options in the rom. Due to the transparency option in it, I needed to make a different framework-res resources.arsc for each color, one to keep the transparency mod and one with full opaque so the wallpaper wouldn't flash between menu screens for those using 0 transparency. That's a total of 16 em just for Tweaked :silly:

Well I really appreciate all the work you must have done to set this up. I've been using Tweaked since the early days on my Droid Charge. It's been almost a year and a half now and I've grown quite accustomed to it. I tried a few others but always end up coming back.

Like I said thanks for what you've done here. I really do like the clean look of AOSP. I'm also way into black and blue themes. My phone is always set up like that. This theme looks really nice.

Last edited:

BennyJr

Mar 29, 2010
Orlando FL
I flashed the Tweaked AOSP Theme and everything came out fine. Then I flashed the 100% transparent status bar and ended up with "unfortunately Systemui has stopped working" and no status bar. Luckily I had a backup. When I flashed it I wiped cache and dalvik and fixed permissions after. Is that the proper procedure or should I have done something different?

I did have a transparent status bar of sorts that I had set up in TSM Parts. It doesn't show as transparent when I'm in apps with a white background though. I had it set to "Background uses color" and set the color on black with the "Alpha" set about 70%. Maybe something I did here caused it to fail?

The transparent status bar zip in the OP is NOT for tweaked, its for clean rom ACE. You can set status bar transparency in tsm parts.

foreverloco

Oct 20, 2011
Gainesville, FL
Tweaked version updated. Changed out the Verizon 4g lte icon for the lte icon used in the theme. It completely slipped my mind that Verizon uses a different one for it :p. Thanks to dmbfan13 for pointing out that I missed that. I also attached a patch zip to fix it at the bottom of this post for those already using the theme, so they don't have to flash everything again. The zip only has that icon so it won't change anything else.

Yea, like BennyJr said, That mod is only for CleanRom. Tweaked doesn't need it because you can do that and a lot more in TSM parts. And it's actually better that the status bar isn't transparent on apps with white backgrounds because if it was, the status bar becomes white. For some reason the whits bg on certain apps goes up past the status bar, so instead of seeing your wallpaper you'll see the white bg for the app.

Attachments

• VZW_LTE_Icon.zip
    557.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

foreverloco

Oct 20, 2011
Gainesville, FL
Will the lte icon zip work for clean rom?

It won't do any harm since it only changes that verizon icon, but since cleanrom ace is a international based rom, I don't think it even shows a lte icon. Or does it? I don't have lte in my area so I wouldn't know if it did.

Last edited:

killa408shark

Aug 21, 2011
San Jose CA
Awesome theme Loco! Im running it with Tweaked VZW. I noticed when I make or receive a call the banner on the top still green. I was wondering if there is a way to make it blue. Thanks

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372001161160.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372001161160.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 189

Top Liked Posts