[ROM][04/26/12] Virtuous Inquisition v4.0.2 :: AOSP-Experience Senseless ICS (4.0.3)

Search This thread

deanesn

Mar 24, 2010
Chicago
Guys I figured how to fix the mid night bug. You need to go to date & time in your settings and change your date format from regional mm/dd/yy to mm/dd/yy. You might have to uncheck automatic update date & time and change the format and then reboot and then turn on automatic update date & time. To check if the bug is gone just change your time manually to 11:59 and wait a minute to see if system will crash.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

Last edited:

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
Guys I figured how to fix the mid night bug. You need to go to date & time in your settings and change your date format from regional mm/dd/yy to mm/dd/yy. You might have to uncheck automatic update date & time and change the format and then reboot and then turn on automatic update date & time. To check if the bug is gone just change your time manually to 11:59 and wait a minute to see if system will crash.

Confirmed, great catch. I'll try to incorporate that setting as the default. Good work!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

trident167

Oct 15, 2009
Toronto
Confirmed, great catch. I'll try to incorporate that setting as the default. Good work!

I've checked my settings and it is set to "regional". I have never changed these settings as they came set with the ROM and I have never experienced the midnight bug. At least I've never been awake to witness it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

Ov3rbyte

Jan 23, 2012
It's a known system.ui problem.

Simple soluton: don't use your phone when it turns to midnight. you can wait 1 minute, than text. problem solved.

no need to cry about it.

Ya it's 2 problems that are separate. i guess you didn't read it completely. Thanks for the fix for the time bug but I still get my SMS crashed when I send some but not all texts.

fr0zenblood75

Apr 5, 2011
San Antonio
Hey socali would the script to fix freezing also work when using other kernels? Or is it just ROM modifications?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using xda premium

deanesn

Mar 24, 2010
Chicago
It seems like the midnight bug effects ppl in the US. At least thre ppl that posted about it were from the US like me.

Nov 12, 2010
Chicago
Ok here's a step by step of what I did from start till the end so far. I don't have any quadscreen mods, any volume wake button mods, any modified bootscreen or anything. I'm on the latest version of 4EXT Touch Recovery: http://4ext.net/

1) Download the 3.32 firmware from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1459767
2) Download the VI 4.0.1 ROM itself from http://files.virtuousrom.com/pyramid/inquisition/rom/virtuous_inquisition-v4.0.1.zip
3) Download socali's patch v4: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24848273&postcount=10065
4) Download socali's maintenance script: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24989338#post24989338
6) Download faux's 004 kernel from http://faux.androidro.ms/Pyramid-ICS-sense-004u.zip
5) Dump all of these into your SD card. Flash the 3.32 firmware first, then flash the ROM.
6) (This is the order I did my flashing, not sure if there is any effect) First wipe dalvik cache and cache. Now flash socali v4 patch (don't flash the optional sebastian kernel). Then flash faux's kernel. Then flash socali's maintenance script.
7) Boot up your phone.

Wow, this is a great ROM. Everything works smoothly and responds quickly. The above steps worked for me except that I used the 1.2 GHz Sebastian kernel in the v4 patch for better battery life. I just came over from ARHD, which is also a great ROM and dev, but for me Sense made everything less responsive. There was also a minor bluetooth nit in ARHD that works now in VI.

One other contrast, ARHD has almost too much info on the top post- lots of scripts, options, updates, user notes, to wade through. VI has a clean post and landing page for the download, but I only found the patch and maintenance scripts by accident. I would very humbly suggest just a couple of more links to patches and maintenance scripts up front.

Thank you Socali!

iverson3-1

Aug 5, 2011
Can someone pls post a link to the stock kernel that comes with this rom? I want to go back to it but don't know what it is.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

remizik

Sep 24, 2010
Nantes
Hello all,

I've noticed something and I would like you to tell me if you experience the same thing.

When I receive a mail on my gmail adress. I have a notification on the phone (normal :) )
If I decide to open it on my PC and to not touch the phone, the notification (led + message in the notification bar) should dissapear on the phone, right ?
But it doesn't :(

So my read email on my PC are unread on my phone, unless I go directly to gmail app and I will see the mails going from unread to read as soon as open the app.

I think it's either rom related, or google changed something. Because I hadn't this problem before.

Anyway, can someone confirm this ?
thanks ;)

StuartTheFish

Nov 9, 2011
Hello all,

I've noticed something and I would like you to tell me if you experience the same thing.

When I receive a mail on my gmail adress. I have a notification on the phone (normal :) )
If I decide to open it on my PC and to not touch the phone, the notification (led + message in the notification bar) should dissapear on the phone, right ?

So my read email on my PC are unread on my phone, unless I go directly to gmail app and I will see the mails going from unread to read as soon as open the app.

I think it's either rom related, or google changed something. Because I hadn't this problem before.

Anyway, can someone confirm this ?
thanks ;)

No, that's normal when stock or with custom ROMs. It's just how it works.

Nucleotide

May 31, 2011

It is not normal. Assuming you're using Push, then what you do on one or the other should replicate. If you get a new email and you open it on your computer, the notification on your phone should disappear. If it's not then something is not working correctly. What exactly I'm not sure but I'd be checking Gmail notification settings on your phone for a start.

StuartTheFish

Nov 9, 2011
It is not normal. Assuming you're using Push, then what you do on one or the other should replicate. If you get a new email and you open it on your computer, the notification on your phone should disappear. If it's not then something is not working correctly. What exactly I'm not sure but I'd be checking Gmail notification settings on your phone for a start.

The gmail app on the phone only checks to see if the emails are still there once you open it or whenever the phone syncs again, so I repeat, it IS normal for the notifications to remain until the phone has contacted google again. Unless you change notification settings as you say.

Last edited:

remizik

Sep 24, 2010
Nantes

no it is absolutely not normal, the notification should disappear, that's the whole point about synchronisation.

I had no issues with GB on my desire, on GB on my sensation (MIUI and other roms), I'm pretty sure I had no issues on ICS HyperNoneSense <1.5.

remizik

Sep 24, 2010
Nantes
Agreed, but if it hasn't been set to sync every minute? The notification WILL stay there until it syncs again, for example when launching the gmail app. ;)

it's push, so it should disappear a few seconds after you open it on another device (depending on the quality of your network, I tried in 3G or wifi) !
I'll try on my touchpad to test :D

You want another bug ? :D
check this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqfE9bxbqgA

I have a blinking led, should mean a notification right ?
but there's nothing. And it only disappear after I grab the notification bar.
Troll phone.

edit : and yes I come from a clean install ;)

StuartTheFish

Nov 9, 2011
You want another bug ? :D
check this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqfE9bxbqgA

I have a blinking led, should mean a notification right ?
but there's nothing. And it only disappear after I grab the notification bar.
Troll phone.

edit : and yes I come from a clean install ;)

Not seen that before, odd! Don't have an answer for that one I'm afraid. Is it after getting a text or email and the light just didn't turn off? Or is it just randomly doing it for no reason?

remizik

Sep 24, 2010
Nantes
Not seen that before, odd! Don't have an answer for that one I'm afraid. Is it after getting a text or email and the light just didn't turn off? Or is it just randomly doing it for no reason?

if this it's after some notification.

but it's quite anoying :D
"oh I have a mail ... oh"

okayguyblacktextss.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    inquisitionkopia.jpg

Virtuous Inquisition is a an ICS (4.0.3) Senseless ROM, meaning essentially all Sense components have been removed in favor of their AOSP counterparts. Everything except the camera app has been replaced. Any work, such as mods or fixes, you would like to contribute would be gladly accepted. The project has one goal, to provide a ROM which is as close-to-AOSP-ICS as possible.

• Based off the HTC 3.32.401.5 *release* base.

• Sense has effectively been removed. Some components may be coming back (such as the camera and music player), as they are better than their AOSP counterparts. I'll provide an option for purists who want AOSP-only-no-matter-what.

• Remaining HTC framework beautifully themed to match ICS by shnizlon.

• Stock kernel, not overclocked.

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• IO optimizations including the use of ext4 with writeback journaling for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Automated battery calibration. Just plug your phone in after a wipe and charge it to full (preferably overnight), then let our script do the rest.

• Over the air updates via ROM Manager.

More Information :: Download :: Change Log
    If you download, please take a moment to hit the "Thanks" button and rate the ROM.
    Report bugs, request features and follow general progress of the ROM nearly real time here:

Virtuous Development Tracker
    VI 4.0.2 Goodies by Socali

This post will kept updated with Fixes / Patches / Notes for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

=====

Important Kernel Files Reset for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

SebastianFM Kernel v1.4.1, which is included with VI 4.0.2, comes with Sebastian's own thermald.
    This thermald includes, in my opinion, extremely high temps settings. The problem is that those settings are hard-coded and are not read from the thermald.conf file.
    Other kernels are expecting the default thermald and not this custom one, so they are not overwriting it.

I strongly recommend flashing this before flashing any other kernel. Even in-between flashing different kernels, as different kernels might include other files that need to be replaced/removed.
    This patch will reset kernel related files that exist in the ROM's partition to the original HTC v3.32 default files.
    This does not include an actual kernel - you must flash a kernel after this patch and before rebooting the phone.

Download flashable: kernel-reset-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: e8453ea397855c3ecf42030734831a45

=====

Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 Underclocked to 1.242Mhz for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

(This is the same kernel posted by me before, but in a new package that includes the Kernel Reset Patch, so you can simply download and flash one file.)

This is Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 hexedited by me to underclock it to 1.242Mhz with a safer (or more conservative) thermald.conf file.
    This gives you kernel closest to the original HTC v3.32 one with Sebastian's MultiTouch fix and ZRAM support.
    I prefer keeping the CPU clock at 1.2mhz so that the CPU stays stable and cool and doesn't drain the battery as quickly.
    I hexedited it instead of recompiling so that I stay as close as possible to Sebastian's build.

Note: This kernel will give you lower benchmark scores (about 5700-5800 AnTuTu score on my phone). This is not a bug, it's a feature..

Download flashable: kernel-v1.30.2-uc-1.242mhz-socali.zip
    md5sum: b4f69d3be2ee48994e785160eb57c452

=====

Ultimate Quad Lockscreen v4 for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

96 Different customization combinations!
    New Aroma based installer - easier to install and choose the options you want.

Options include:
    1) Choose Full-ring (compatible with Accessibility) or Half-ring layout.
    2) Show/hide quadlock when pattern/PIN is set.
    3) Use Volume Keys to Wakeup the phone.
    4) Allow/disable notifications pull-down.
    5) Open one of the following apps:
    AOSP MMS, ChompSMS, HandcentSMS, GoSMS, PansiSMS, Google Voice.

Please note: 4Ext Touch Recovery is required for installation.

Download flashable: ultimate-quadlock-v4-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: 1f437396becb2f4847d56e04845d4491

=====

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)
    AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

This is my fix to the AOSP Phone included with VI 4.0.0, that enables the mute button during calls.
    This one took a lot of time and research, but I finally got it! :D
    (For those who didn't know, the phone included in the rom does not mute - bug #984 on VI issue tracker)

Download flashable: aosp-phone-mute-fix-vi400-socali.zip
    md5sum: c14b5714b28e42232991c1694b91e526

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)