[Q] HTC Desire HD problem, Phone won't start.

Search This thread

Force92

Sep 4, 2012
Hello,

i have rooted my Handy. Now my handy won´t start, when i start it, then vibrate it one time and then is only the HTC Logo with a white background. I have tried to come in the bootloader, when i try this then it vibrate it 5 times.

What can i do that the Handy start again?

Josephou

Oct 17, 2011
Problem with my htc

URL

Use that PD98IMG.zip !

What you should end up with is a stock Froyo DHD which you can that root, custom recovery and so on !

I had the same problem so I tried this, copied into root, then boot and it started loading then checking and at the end of the process it said:

Main version is older!
Update Fail!
Press <POWER> to reboot

I don't know what to do :/ please any help would be very appreciated :good:

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
I had the same problem so I tried this, copied into root, then boot and it started loading then checking and at the end of the process it said:

Main version is older!
Update Fail!
Press <POWER> to reboot

I don't know what to do :/ please any help would be very appreciated :good:

The rom's main version you are trying to flash is older than the one you are currently running. What are you trying to do? how did you get into that state?

Josephou

Oct 17, 2011
The rom's main version you are trying to flash is older than the one you are currently running. What are you trying to do? how did you get into that state?

Well, one day the telephone bugged and my screen turned black and I couldn’t boot anymore. When I tried to turn on my telephone, it stayed at the HTC logo. A few days before I had unlocked the boot and relocked it afterwards because I wanted to install a Stock ROM but I never did.

When I turn it on keeping vol down + power I get this:
*** RELOCKED ***
ACE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0029
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.14.04.28_M
eMMC-boot
Dec 22 2011,14:28:19

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
SIMLOCK
IMAGE CRC

I tried to do a FACTORY RESET but it vibrated five times in the HTC screen and then it turned off and then it vibrated once again and then nothing happened. Each time I try to do it it does the same thing.

I tried to install a ROM by the RECOVERY but when I open the recovery, it go into the recovery mode but immediately I get this message in yellow below the blue menu:

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

When I try to Apply update from sdcard it says :

--Invalid Operation--
Sucess Rebooting by reason oem-00

When I try to wipe data/factory reset

--Wipping data…
Formatting /data…
E:Can’t open /data/cwpkg.zip
E:Can’t open /data/cw.prop
E:Can’t open /cache/cwpkg.zip
E:Can’t open /cache/cw.prop
Formatting /cache…
Data wipe complete.

But nothing happens… it just doesn’t start.

I looked in the forums and I tried to install a ROM by the PD98IMG method (flashing the boot.img before each time) but when I try to downgrade it doesn’t let me and it shows the message

Main version is older!
Update Fail!
Press <POWER> to reboot

When I try to install a newer ROM (upper version than mine) it doesn’t show anything after loading the zip and nothing happens.

I tried the RUU method via the fastboot USB and an *.exe, but when it wanted to reboot to go to the BOOT mode (I guess OEM RUU) it stayed at the HTC Screen and then nothing happened.

I tried the solutions in this topic /showthread.php?t=1275632 but nothing worked for me.

I tried to unlock the boot but when I gave the order in the CMD window :

fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

I got the screen where you say yes I wanna unlock, I selected it and the press power and then it reboots and stays in the HTC screen again.

I don’t know wether what’s going on with my phone nor what to do to solve it.

Thanks in advance for your answers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Allright mate, Thanks a lot!

EDIT: I did what you said Lewelynn and now it works! Thanks a lot! Now it even looks different! =)
    It's the small weather clock instead of the big one and a different look on the buttons etc etc.

How come it looks different now than before when I applied the ARHD 7.0.3? Is it because I did a data wipe/factory reset through 4ext?
    Also when you do a data wipe/factory reset through 4ext, during that process it asks you if you want to install something about kernel or something else?
    Can't really remember what it said.. But what did that mean? I chose No on the first question, and then Yes on the other question which said (recommended) so ofc I chose that.

Is this the reason it looks different now or ?

Thanks again!
    You cannot imagine how greatful I am for your help!
    Thank you everyone! :)

I'm not sure why it looks different, maybe stuff was corrupted before since you didn't wipe, or maybe you unknowingly updated from sense 3.0 to sense 3.5 when you updated ARHD.

I don't use the 4ext wipe feature so don't know what those options are. If you are concerned, an alternate way of wiping is to use the superwipe.zip which you will find on the first post in the ARHD thread. Just install the zip before you install a new rom if you want to wipe.

No problem man we all started somewhere.