KitKat 4.4 No Data

Search This thread

theboss23

Jan 26, 2012
I Just Updated to 4.4 KitKat via Odin and I don't have any data. I went to check the apn settings and it says "insert sim card" but my sim card is already in the phone. Not sure what to do at this point, I've tried reflashing with Odin, even re-installed the stock 4.4 .tar file multiple times but I get the same result. If anyone could help me out it'd be much appreciated :)

howetechnical

Aug 21, 2010
Austin
Power off, take out sim card, put back in, turn on. If that doesn't help, get a new sim from T-Mobile.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

theboss23

Jan 26, 2012
I got a new sim card and it still doesn't work, I also tried to odin the stock 4.3 rom but it won't boot either, I can boot the 4.4 rom as well as AOSP but both roms tell me that there is no sim card inserted. I have no idea what's going on lol.

mrufokid

Mar 11, 2012
I had the same problem and all I did was look up the apn settings ... and it turned out I had the wrong ones my phone wouldn't update to the rite ones so I had to do it manually ... blaaahhhhhhh my life is so hard the struggle is real

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tonykidd93

Feb 8, 2011
Lutz
I Just Updated to 4.4 KitKat via Odin and I don't have any data. I went to check the apn settings and it says "insert sim card" but my sim card is already in the phone. Not sure what to do at this point, I've tried reflashing with Odin, even re-installed the stock 4.4 .tar file multiple times but I get the same result. If anyone could help me out it'd be much appreciated :)

Most likely have to get a new sim card.

theboss23

Jan 26, 2012
i think its time to send it to samsung lol
I would but I tripped the knox flag :(

I had the same problem and all I did was look up the apn settings ... and it turned out I had the wrong ones my phone wouldn't update to the rite ones so I had to do it manually ... blaaahhhhhhh my life is so hard the struggle is real
Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I can't access the apn settings, it says "insert sim card" when I try.

Most likely have to get a new sim card.
I tried 3 sim cards none are being recognized.

well, check if the baseband says unknown. and also check the imei.
My baseband and imei both say unknown, do you know how to fix?

guaneet

May 16, 2013
Morgan Hill, CA
I don't knox really matters with t mobile.
I've seen numerous reports where they sent in their device and they ended up just resetting the 0x1

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

theboss23

Jan 26, 2012
I don't knox really matters with t mobile.
I've seen numerous reports where they sent in their device and they ended up just resetting the 0x1

I thought it voided the warranty if they see that you tripped the knox flag?

guaneet

May 16, 2013
Morgan Hill, CA
Technically yes but you have a hardware issue and I think they'll fix that.
Try it out man. Wouldn't hurt. I've heard other people way they just sent a whole new phone. Do it!!!!

theboss23

Jan 26, 2012
Try it out man. Wouldn't hurt. I've heard other people way they just sent a whole new phone. Do it!!!!

Well it seems as though that's my only option at this point lol, I'll try to odin the stock recovery when I get home and take it to T-mobile. Wish me luck! :laugh:

Reactions: chuko303

makki666

Jul 15, 2011
Houston
I would but I tripped the knox flag :(

I can't access the apn settings, it says "insert sim card" when I try.

I tried 3 sim cards none are being recognized.

My baseband and imei both say unknown, do you know how to fix?

sorry for the late reply, first try to odin with 4 files. PIT, PDA, CSC, MODEM. if it didn't work, try with SD image.
last option would be Jtag.
it seems that the bootloader is corrupted. Good-luck :good:

tony yayo

Oct 15, 2010
Chicago
How can I tell if I am truly not getting any data? Battery in settings shows sections completely black, not even red like I used to see. Coincides with very little battery drain during these times also. Weird.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Well it seems as though that's my only option at this point lol, I'll try to odin the stock recovery when I get home and take it to T-mobile. Wish me luck! :laugh:
    Break a leg bud!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Mine randomly dropped in and out. Battery menu shows no mobile network signal at time's as well. Working OK at the moment.