Touchscreen issue

Search This thread

Bwyan Benton

Jun 29, 2010
Windsor, Ontario
So all of a sudden tonight my knock on feature stopped working. Then I noticed that I have a dead spot on my screen as you can tell from the photo attachment. I have no warranty so sending it in to LG isn't an option. I've did some reading and can't seem to find if this is a software or hardware issue? Can anyone shed some light here? It's a D803 variant. Should I replace the digitizer or not? I need a working phone asap as I'm driving across the country next week.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1408760873008.jpg
    1408760873008.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 155

lazer77

So all of a sudden tonight my knock on feature stopped working. Then I noticed that I have a dead spot on my screen as you can tell from the photo attachment. I have no warranty so sending it in to LG isn't an option. I've did some reading and can't seem to find if this is a software or hardware issue? Can anyone shed some light here? It's a D803 variant. Should I replace the digitizer or not? I need a working phone asap as I'm driving across the country next week.

Thanks

Had this problem as well along with many others. I do believe it is a hardware issue. As far as your method of repair, I'm not sure. I got mine replaced under warranty.

Sent from my LG-D800

Reactions: Bwyan Benton

Bwyan Benton

Jun 29, 2010
Windsor, Ontario
Had this problem as well along with many others. I do believe it is a hardware issue. As far as your method of repair, I'm not sure. I got mine replaced under warranty.

Sent from my LG-D800

I appreciate your feedback. Went to my local repair shop today and they are gonna replace my LCD and digitizer for me on Monday. $100 charge to do it. I'm fine with that I need a working phone especially since I'm about to drive across the country. Here's to hoping.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-D800