[WIP]Arc / Neo Camera App on Play

Search This thread

Ireas

Oct 18, 2009
Google Pixel 6
First things first: Im not a code guru - I just have some expirience on other android devices and can't promise that my attempts will work succesfully.

So I'm trying to port the camera app from the Arc to our Play.
Looks like we will need to modify the libs, as the camera installs flawless but gives errors on start "No camera found".

Only tried the Arc app, as I didnt get my hands on the Neo dump yet.

Here the zip with (i hope) all libs and the apk itself.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kti4anb9lx7qyv8/cam__anzu.zip

Attempt #1
Copy & Paste all camara related libs from the arc to the play
FAILED - if you overwrite the play-own cameralib.so the phone hungs up in a bootloop.

Last edited:

Dousan

Aug 9, 2010
Copenhagen
That sounds cool. I'll take that the arc camera interface is custom made and not as ours the native android?

Regards Dousan...

Ireas

Oct 18, 2009
Google Pixel 6
Thats the reason behind this whole story ;)
Their custom app for the cam looks more cool and sofar i know has more options (or atleast they are better sorted)

blickmanic

Apr 22, 2011
ill help, ive coded a few apps for iphone 4 (cydia)

can you upload anything camera related from the arc, and include directories? thank you!

if anyone used the iFlat series themes, i was behind all the coding for the weather, time etc, im known as xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx over at iFans

blickmanic

Apr 22, 2011
im also working on remapping the buttons, im seeing how the market camera apps remap buttons and working from there.

blickmanic

Apr 22, 2011
hold on, did you fix permissions after copying/pasting? thats the only reason i can see why you ended up in a boot loop.

blickmanic

Apr 22, 2011
just checking ;)

ok, i spent all day on this, i managed to remap the camera button and its fully working in the native camera app, theres still a bug i need to figure out, the bug is that if you keep hold of the R button, it focuses but doesnt take a picture.

also, i managed to get the arc camera app working, you have to remove ALL old camera related stuff and replace it with the arcs stuff, then double check permissions.

theres still bugs, none of the features in the arcs camera app work, it FC's if you even try to take a picture.

im rewriting the all of the libs, ill post with updates & uploads tommorow

FrAsErTaG

May 22, 2009
Canberra
I spent a few days on this when the arc and play were rooted.. think we will be able to get this working but need to wait until we can get some custom kernel action as there seems to be a link to the arc in the app... or possibly someone smarter then me can break the .apk apart (easy) and find the expression etc that limits its use to neo/arc (the hard part)

anyways thats my 0.02c

EDIT
just read

also, i managed to get the arc camera app working

theres still bugs, none of the features in the arcs camera app work, it FC's if you even try to take a picture.

im rewriting the all of the libs, ill post with updates & uploads tommorow

Cheers mate :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uploaded the apk and the libs, see 1st post