ir leds lets u take night photos....

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey guys i am happy to hear that xda had started hardware mod topic... so i think i should post one of my ideas...

i am taking about taking night photos( of course u can take one with a phone having an led flash or so.. but it is not about photo taken using an led flash). it is all about night vision photos. so r u interested? if so believe me u can do it with ur normal phone camera. no oter spec is needed. any camera can do it.

so the fact behind this is the normal ccd used in cameras( here our phone cameras which also use ccds) can detect ir light which cant be detected using bare human eyes...

so u can do some spy things using it???( lol "chicks" gona hurt u a lot).

all u have to make a light source using ir leds( those u find on remote controls) , get few 10-20 of them from ur nearest radio shack, assemble it in a suitable cabin( a small cardreader cabin can do the trick), along with some li-ion battery pack, a control switch, and a charging port( if u want to charge it), after u finish, turn on the ir light, turn on ur camera( ofcourse u have to turn ur led flash light off), carry both of them into a total dark place, viola, u can see things in the room on ur phone, and with no viasible light out there, no one gona detect u..

actualy, i had done it with my k800i sonyericsson cybershot phone, in which i used the fastport connector to power the light source, u can get about 3.2 v from the port. but for new android device, we cant get some v-out since 99% of phones are usb slaves, and not usb hosts. but if u have a phone/tab with a usb host port, ofcourse u can get upto 5v@100ma from it.

i will soon update the thread with circuits and photos, but now i have an exm time out there.. so be in touch. also if somebody managed to make one, u should share it here.
    thanku
    showlyshah.
    I've done IR mod to several phones and digital camera I had, and with a bit of luck and patience you can get some beautiful results ;)
    You need to open camera, reach sensor, and remove IR filter, then take floppy or the dark edge of old camera film, cut two pieces about the size of original filter, place it on sensor and reassemble camera. Set it to black and white, and go to some park on a sunny day, you'll forget about the world when looking at the photos... :)
    hey guys i am happy to hear that xda had started hardware mod topic... so i think i should post one of my ideas...

i am taking about taking night photos( of course u can take one with a phone having an led flash or so.. but it is not about photo taken using an led flash). it is all about night vision photos. so r u interested? if so believe me u can do it with ur normal phone camera. no oter spec is needed. any camera can do it.

so the fact behind this is the normal ccd used in cameras( here our phone cameras which also use ccds) can detect ir light which cant be detected using bare human eyes...

so u can do some spy things using it???( lol "chicks" gona hurt u a lot).

all u have to make a light source using ir leds( those u find on remote controls) , get few 10-20 of them from ur nearest radio shack, assemble it in a suitable cabin( a small cardreader cabin can do the trick), along with some li-ion battery pack, a control switch, and a charging port( if u want to charge it), after u finish, turn on the ir light, turn on ur camera( ofcourse u have to turn ur led flash light off), carry both of them into a total dark place, viola, u can see things in the room on ur phone, and with no viasible light out there, no one gona detect u..

actualy, i had done it with my k800i sonyericsson cybershot phone, in which i used the fastport connector to power the light source, u can get about 3.2 v from the port. but for new android device, we cant get some v-out since 99% of phones are usb slaves, and not usb hosts. but if u have a phone/tab with a usb host port, ofcourse u can get upto 5v@100ma from it.

i will soon update the thread with circuits and photos, but now i have an exm time out there.. so be in touch. also if somebody managed to make one, u should share it here.
    thanku
    showlyshah.

Our cameras are able to detect IR lights, ccd and CMOS both can. The only problem is they have an IR filter. That's why people IR mod their camera, not their flashes.

Unless you can dig around INSIDE the camera sensor itself, I don't think it's possible.
    ok dudes as i already forgot to notice about the ir filter, though cellphone cameras have one, they are much weaker than professional camera's. so if u managed to get more ir light, ofcourse u gan get the results, for that u have to use powerfull ir leds. like 1w or 3w ir leds, google it. i think ebay have them, they are bit cheep.. 9-10 $'s.

and with my k800i, man itz a true camera phone . though itz 3.2mp,( k790,k800,k810 cybershots) no other 3.2 snapz from any other phones( even those having more mp ratings) cant beet itz snapz. and i swear a camera driver modification makz it a small SLR( yap i mean it). with that driver changed i can take picz in 3200 iso, and 2 second shutter speed. ( lol the driver have a hell of options juz like photoshop cs6, u will take atleast a weak to learn all!!!) . so i can take pic even in moon light with out xenon flash. so ir filter is not a problem for it. thats why i got it a success.
    Can you be more specific? I have an old K810 collecting dust, would be great to put cam to use. What driver mod are you using? Where can I get it?

Check the forum named se-nse.com. the greatest se forum around. For that u have to patch ur phone. If its cid 53, u have to downgrade it to cid 52, then patch, then u have to applay a patch for camera and then change the driver. If u need i will send u the patch and driver.

send from my hd2 @ miui 1.12.2

send from my hd2 @ miui 1.12.2