Discuss Jelly Bean here.

Search This thread

n1kolaa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2011
Zrenjanin
OnePlus Nord
for runing ics more smothly we need 4,0 kernel , that i think wont happend . i think only hdpi phones form 2011 will get that 4.1. or 5.0 (Jelly Beans)

Last edited:

azuremaroon

May 20, 2012
I don't think Sony will give 2011 Xperia devices 4.1
Sony probably wants to separate 2011 phones from 2012's
So 4.0 is the max for 2011 phones even they are capable of upgrading to 4.1:(

SEK610i

Feb 14, 2011
Because of this ignorant attitude from Sony (I know HTC and Samsung aren't much better) I am thinking of exchanging my beautiful arc S for a bit uglier and weaker (hardware side) but much more powerful (caused by software) Google Nexus S. Not to mention its superb audio quality.

papayayoghurt

Feb 7, 2012
Vienna
Even all 2011 XPERIA´s have the same Hardware, i dont think, Sony will update all Mobiles to Jelly Bean. I think, first Sony will say, that thy won´t update the Mobiles, also XPERIA arc S. Then I think, the people will be very unhappy. Then, 5 Month after Release, Sony will say, "Okay, because all people are unhappy with our update plans, we will release JB for arc S, Neo V and Ray, (and perhaps arc, but i dont think so;)) I think, they will say this in End of July, and we will get JB at the End of October. But I think, It will never run as smooth as GB, not even as ICS. i think it will run like a X10 with 2.3.3 with 100 Apps

Press Thanks if you think the same.:highfive:

Sorry for my Englisch, I´m Austrian:cowboy:

Thanks for Reading:victory:

Reactions: tyrand3 and BIG JD

tyrand3

Apr 20, 2011
Jakarta
Well, what's the point if they release it laggy like ICS ..
Upgrade supposed make devices smoother,but that's need time to make it stable,and they don't have time for old devices because they have to make a new devices!
i'll think my next phone will be nexus no more OEM .:(

Sent from an iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

daniel090588

Feb 3, 2011
I´m pretty sure that our 2011 smartphones will get this there are not really big diferences bettwen 4.0.4 and 4.1 but a lot of improvements that sony will not dout to bring for this line

gogobaba

Nov 28, 2011
Well i just hope that ppl will port it to our phones :)Is any1 trying to make a rom out of it ? :)

n1kolaa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2011
Zrenjanin
OnePlus Nord
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean changelog:

• Project Butter has brought smoother and faster feeling user interface
  • Improved notification center with expandable and actionable notifications
  • Updated widget behavior
  • Improved camera and gallery apps for easy photo snapping and sharing
  • Improved keyboard behavior with with word prediction
  • Added Accessibility options with support for external Braille input
  • Enhanced Android Beam allowing transfer of photos and video
  • Offline Voice recognition and typing
  • Google Voice search is more intelligent than ever
  • Updated Google Search user interface
  • Google Now adds automatic information feeds to your device (weather, traffic, sports, etc)
  • Bi-Directional text and additional language support
  • Truly high-resolution contact photos
  • USB audio output and HDMI multichannel audio output
  • App encryption and Smart App updates
http://www.gsmarena.com/android_4_1_jelly_bean_preview-review-779.php
:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay! You guys requested it. Racing Bean is ready for testing!

Features:

- Based on the latest Cm10 release by Fxp
    - Gapps included
    - Supercharged, adrenaline boosted, sysctl tweaked and zipaligned.
    - Beats Audio
    - A camera with 6mp 16:9 photos and 720p video
    - Deleted a few junk apps
    - Mass Storage Mode
    - A working panorama app by Sony Ericsson.
    - Adfree built into system (no Adfree app, no ads)
    - My very own vast collection of tweaks for a far better experience
    - Choice between Cm10's Aosp home launcher or good old Xperia Home
    - Nexus 4 boot animation
    - Surprisingly battery friendly, lasting more than 2 days with 5 and a half hours of screen on time
    - A nice sleek background to a few dark themed apps like Settings and TB.
    - Deleted a lot of poor message, ringtone and alarm tones and added the good old Sony Ericsson ones for easier picking on tones. (Thanks Hotfingers)
    - Far better Ram consumption, up to 223mb free and amazing multitasking
    - Android 4.2 keyboard, Google Play Music and Gmail app with pinch to zoom. (Thanks SafariKing)
    - Very Stable with HDMI being the only bug and rarely any FCing
    - Absolutely blazingly fast. With this ROM the Xperia Arc S has outperformed several dual core devices with a 6492 score in Antutu Benchmark. Perhaps the fastest rom available for Xperia Arc and Arc S.

Screenshot_2012_12_17_00_04_48.png

Screenshot_2012_12_16_22_56_49.png

Screenshot_2012_12_16_22_00_14.png

Screenshot_2012_11_18_21_07_20.png

Screenshot_2012_11_18_21_07_45.png

If you want to be a tester, please click the thanks button on this post and pm me.
    If we speak about updating (not of new devices mounting the newest version of android), Sony is not so bad... From an italian statistics, in Italy, (and we are not lucky with update speed) companies have upgraded their terminals (smartphones and tablet) to the next android's version in these percentages:

Nexus (75%), Sony/Sony Ericsson (65,4%), ASUS (50%), HTC (48,1%), Motorola & Samsung (33,3%), Acer (27,8%), LG (25%), Huawei-Vodafone (7,7%), Alcatel-Vodafone/Olivetti/Onda/Packard Bell/Panasonic (0%).

And the number of devices updated is the higher

Sony/Sony Ericsson (17 devices), HTC (13 devices), Samsung (12 devices), Motorola (7 devices), Acer (5 devices), LG (5 devices), Nexus (3 devices), ASUS (2 devices), Huawei (1 device).

Moreover from this statistics:

total numbers of updates: 0 update = 63.9%; 1 update =29,4%; 2 updates=6,7%
    average price of a smartphone that has received 2 updates= 489€

So, only the 6,7% has had 2 updates... I don't say we don't have to blame Sony about not updating our devices, but i say that the consumers are everybody in the same boat (don't know if you understand the expression :) ).

If we want a certain update, we have to spend more then 500€, or buy a Nexus.. Otherwise, cooked rom is the way.. This is what i think!

Time to get LG Nexus in a couple of months. I'm never gonna buy another non-nexus phone and, at least for now, I won't buy another Sony phone again even if it's a Nexus.
    i'm sure that the 2012 phones will get 4.1:fingers-crossed:
    it really doesnt matter much if we get 4.1 update or not...we can always flick jelly beans from xperia s in future :D