TOMTOM GO and WM6 (DUN)

Search This thread

k.bonney

Jun 28, 2007
Microsoft are going to release WM6 with the ability to enable (DUN) for legacy devices, I.e. TOMTOM GO series... are there any cooks interested in releasing a ROM with this option enabled?

acem77

Nov 2, 2006
this would be great. if this was done i would have nothing to complain about with wm6;)

T

trapper

Same here, it's just the final thing I need for a perfect WM6 ROM.

marcelser

Jun 18, 2006
One vote more

Same, here. I also tried to use DUN on WM6 with TomTom Go. But apparently WM6 lacks DUN support in Bluetooth Stack.

Does anyone have a fix for this or is there any good WM6 Rom out there with Bluetooth DUN support?

T

trapper

I was browsing earlier and I think I saw a .cab file in the Wizard forums for PAN support in Windows Mobile 6, however I don't think that anyone said that it worked.

the.drone

Feb 28, 2007
Wales
I can confirm this fix

Used trinity files posted by MuN on the above thread.

heres what i did

Installed cab - soft reset

pasted all files from zip in windows folder - soft reset

then unpaired tomtom 910 and reparied, hey presto it found DUN support

Perfect, have been waiting for a fix for this

Attachments

• BT_DUN.cab
    10.2 KB · Views: 4,007
  • MODEMLINK.zip
    39.5 KB · Views: 4,176
T

trapper

I've run the .cab and copied the files into the Windows directory, however I'm having a real headache trying to configure a data connection.

marcelser

Jun 18, 2006
Which device to choose for TomTom GO 910?

@the.drone

I followed your instructions and now my TomTom reports that my phone has DUN capability. Problem is HTC TyTN or HTC Hermes ist not listed as phone in the phone list and automatic configuration does not work.

Can you please give instructions which phone to use or how to configure the data connection manually? Because DUN support which can't be configured is as good as no DUN support.

Thanks a lot.

Marc

the.drone

Feb 28, 2007
Wales
it just worked first time automaticaly with mine, maybe i was just a fluke but it found the data coonection first time on 3g

T

trapper

How can I find out my TomTom thinks my phone has DUN? :confused:

Edit: when I try to add my TomTom to my Hermes, it only brings up a handsfree tick box, when in Windows Mobile 5 I think it also brought up two additional tick boxes. Any ideas if this is following the path to success of if I've screwed up?

Last edited:

Sadlybrokeboy

May 2, 2007
So can someone share how they did it?

I followed the instructions and it now finds my ttg 300, and says it has the services - but can't set up the actual DUN connection either manually or automatically! :(

Any ideas?

Matt

T

trapper

I really am sorry to be a pain in the butt, but I'll outline what I've done.

1). Paired my Hermes up with my TomTom 910.

2). Run the .cab.

3). Soft reset.

4). Copied the files into the Windows directory of my Hermes via the storage card.

5). Soft reset.

6). Repaired my Hermes and TomTom 910 after having deleted the previous connection. At this point it says "The following features were found: Hands-free calling, Wireless data connection, Phonebook".

At this point I try and setup a data connection that it hits the fan. It's really annoying because it feels like I'm falling at the final hurdle. I also wondered if I was struggling because of an issue with connecting to the T-Mobile network, however am I right in thinking that mccreath's using a T-Mobile GPRS contract SIM connection?