Using Vibrant Touch Wiz Launcher on Fascinate

Search This thread

chavist

Jul 23, 2007
I have tried following the instructions to the T and the file does not appear in my app folder when paste. I also already have my system deodex so would this work

voghan

Mar 24, 2010
Not sure, I tried it on the stock rom. I haven't tried it in the other roms out there.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Flipsoul

Oct 14, 2010
I have tried following the instructions to the T and the file does not appear in my app folder when paste. I also already have my system deodex so would this work

Are you on a rom with tw removed?
-check your file permissions

If on a stock system / rom with tw
1. Chech your file permissions/follow earlier instructions
2. There alrwady is a twlauncher30.apk. You will be placing a new apk in its place.
3. Rename/move/delete twlauncher30.odex if present

This will NOT appear in your app drawer (most launchers do not).
Changing the launcher should cause your system to clear its default action to pick a launcher (if multiple launchers are installed)

There are a few small differences between the vibrant and the fascinate tw versions. Just look for them to confirm that you have installed correctly.

Wadzii

Mar 7, 2009
I got the launcher to work no problem, app drawer is how it should be etc... but how do i change which apps are displayed in the dock

wroder84

Jul 13, 2008
Its really not better than the stock fascinate launcher in my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Wadzii

Mar 7, 2009
its way better IMHO.. just installing this takes away all the Bing and alphabetizes the app grid.

Though, i still cant figure out how to change the apps in the dock.

ktez

Sep 30, 2010
Open app drawer first, then go to Menu, edit, then you can drag what you want to the dock.

calebv2

Feb 27, 2010
I deleted the .odex file with root explore then copyed the file and pasted it with root explore and did not even need to restart and it worked just fine. Thanks for this i like it alot more.

ktez

Sep 30, 2010
Yes I'm using it on DJ05 - works great!

ishanexd

Oct 8, 2010
Hi, is there any way to remove the text labels in the TW dock? Can you redirect me if this issue has already been solved? Thanks so much!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was able to take the TouchWiz30Launcher.apk from the Vibrant and replace the stock version on the Fascinate. What this buys me is the ability to have an Alphabetical grid option in the app drawer. I hated not having the grid in alphabetical order since I knew it was an option on the Vibrant. I posted this on the AC forums and since people liked it over there I'm posting it here.

Instructions:
    1) Backup current apk & odex files

2) copy over new apk & delete the odex

3) restart your phone. If you don't you'll get a bunch of force close messages.
    doesnt work for me when i replace the old apk. Wont install either.

Edit:

Ok for people needing help on installing this. Do as the OP states and do the following and for people who cant seem to get back onto TW you have to erase defaults on any current launchers and press home to set TW as default

This version of Touchwiz has GOOGLE SEARCH for people who want to use Tw only.