Tiger Arcade v 2.0.6 realised

Search This thread

dsswoosh

Feb 6, 2011
Does anyone know which romset this uses?

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Sigh.

Im sure this was a great attempt by Tiger, but most roms that do not work on mame4all or jrioni just black screen with this emu.

The roms that work on the other emus do work ok on this though.

ChasHQ (all versions)
Enduro Racer (all versions)
OverTop
Super Monaco GP (all versions)

All black screen.

Uninstalled. Mame4All currently is the best Mame has to offer us for Android imo.

No enjoyability until save states is added though.

Last edited:

zerojay

Aug 3, 2010
Is anyone getting FCs with the latest version? The top header part just rotates a bit and then I get a FC. If i'm fast enough, I can pick a game and play just fine though.

EDIT: I discovered that the save games were put in the ROM directory. Once I erased my old saves, no more FC.

And by the way, I have to apologize. I didn't think 3rd Strike would run at all, but it runs *perfectly*.

Last edited:

ClausG76

Aug 8, 2009
Holstebro
Does anyone know which romset this uses?

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Sigh.

Im sure this was a great attempt by Tiger, but most roms that do not work on mame4all or jrioni just black screen with this emu.

The roms that work on the other emus do work ok on this though.

ChasHQ (all versions)
Enduro Racer (all versions)
OverTo
Super Monaco GP (all versions)

All black screen.

Uninstalled. Mame4All currently is the best Mame has to offer us for Android imo.

No enjoyability until save states is added though.

This isn't based on mame so you should not use the roms, that you use with Jarcade. Jarcade is based on mame 0.37. So you should use 0.37 roms for that. There are complete collections available on the net. Try serch for dingoo or wiz mame4all. Tiger arcade is based on final burn alpha (fba) so you nedd fba roms. I downloaded a complete pack for fbanext (ps3) and then just copied the roms i needed. And the one ones i tried, worked.

ClausG76

Aug 8, 2009
Holstebro
Ok i tested the games
Super monaco grand prix - Black screen
Enduro racer - Freezes when race start
Chase HQ - Works but controls doesn't. Infact you can't control any racing games

dsswoosh

Feb 6, 2011
Not a single game works for me. I'm downloading the roms from the WordPress links, which are links to the Mame section of free roms.

Metal slug 3 - blackscreen
Metal slug 5 - force close
Top hunter - blackscreen

I'll try the fba roms a bit later and report how I got on with those.

ClausG76

Aug 8, 2009
Holstebro
I just loaded mslug3 and it playrd perfectly i also have mslug3n on my phone. Maybe that's why it works for me. The n is a non encrypted version

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

I wonder if they'll make it possible to map 2 to 4 sixaxis controllers on future releases! That would be so nice! I have a G2X and when I plug it to the TV via the HDMI cable, it's just... Like in the arcade when I was young :)
I the O2x (European version of G2x)
And O2x has bad bluetooth drivers, which means that sixaxis and wiimote doesn't work with our phones.

Last edited:

dsswoosh

Feb 6, 2011
Well here's the deal for me with this emu.

I love Tiger emu's, he always makes top quality work. But this emu has a long way to go.

I used romhustler to get my roms and alot of them do work great.

Games that use analog steering and analog pedals such as outrun etc do not work.

Tiger hasnt added a control scheme to make them work.

When this emu has the compatibility of mame4android and it has save states i will 100% purchase it.

Until then, i will keep a look out for updates he does with this.

It definately has great great potential, but needs alot of polish before it is buyable imho.

ClausG76

Aug 8, 2009
Holstebro
I wonder if they'll make it possible to map 2 to 4 sixaxis controllers on future releases! That would be so nice! I have a G2X and when I plug it to the TV via the HDMI cable, it's just... Like in the arcade when I was young :)

Well here's the deal for me with this emu.

I love Tiger emu's, he always makes top quality work. But this emu has a long way to go.

I used romhustler to get my roms and alot of them do work great.

Games that use analog steering and analog pedals such as outrun etc do not work.

Tiger hasnt added a control scheme to make them work.

When this emu has the compatibility of mame4android and it has save states i will 100% purchase it.

Until then, i will keep a look out for updates he does with this.

It definately has great great potential, but needs alot of polish before it is buyable imho.

It will not have the compability of mame4android. They are based on 2 different sources. Tiger is based on fba. Normaly less cpu demanding. Mame4android is based on mame 0.37. Mame is normaly more acurate. But version 0.37 is an older version from when speed had little more priority than speed.
Outrun shuts down on mame4android. On my phone anyway.
But hopefully he will fix the controls

Last edited:

HankKing

Aug 5, 2011
I still think this emulator is great, i don't believe I am being naive either. Its a work in progress and tiger really is a great dev, anything you need feel free to ask him he is always quick to respond and will try his best to work through whatever issues you have.

On a side note my save-states don't work atm (which he is working on) and every time i try to load red earth i get to the start screen then it displays no cd rom drive, im using the japan version is their another one i can use?

zerojay

Aug 3, 2010
You need a No-CD version of the game, redeartn. The other versions require a CPS3 CD-ROM and spend upwards of an hour loading the game into memory before starting it, just like the original arcade machines did.

dsswoosh

Feb 6, 2011
I still think this emulator is great, i don't believe I am being naive either. Its a work in progress and tiger really is a great dev, anything you need feel free to ask him he is always quick to respond and will try his best to work through whatever issues you have.

On a side note my save-states don't work atm (which he is working on) and every time i try to load red earth i get to the start screen then it displays no cd rom drive, im using the japan version is their another one i can use?

ok, because I live tigers work so much, I'll make a deal.

He gets save states working properly and adds analog control system to the dpad so driving games work and I will buy it to support him.

Can he please add the app to either market place or slide me though. I dint like using pay pal.

dsswoosh

Feb 6, 2011
To support Tiger, I just purchased the app anyway. There are enough good games that work to warrant the fun with save states.

Hope he adds analog game control support that jrioni and Mame 4 Droid has.

Quantuml3ap

Jun 21, 2011
Mame ? Savestates ? Never !

you and your ridiculous begging for savestates in every mame-related thread is really getting annoying. Stop it.

Reactions: zerojay

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New path is sd:/roms/arcade2
    For all You guys - put roms there. Then download this RomBuddy - start it and download BIOS files. With my old bios files lots of games doesn't even start. Now all works as a charm. All games that worked on 3.1.1 still works on 4.0.0 even better then on older version.

Dip Switch works fantastic ! Now - if I only get possibility to load games - i will love this emu for ever :) . For me - best MAME emu.

BrianChase - where You get advertisment ?? If You want I will send You older version ( I have almost all).

Wysyłane z mojego R800i za pomocą Tapatalk 2
    Hate to necro a thread. New version of tiger arcade. Version 4.0.4. Comes with video recording and I think it plays even smoother. This is listed as beta but plays smooth.

Link:

http://apps.tigerplay.info/

Sent from my R800at using xda premium
    And last, sorry for the 3 mails but im a noob in such things and had problems with upload.
    Odp: Tiger Arcade v 2.0.6 realised

Movie explain all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06pNaalpqAw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Odp: Tiger Arcade v 2.0.6 realised

apps.tigerplay.info/newfba_release_v4.0.0.apk

This version i have. Hmm strange. I have no adds and this menu. All works great. I don't know why You have problems. Maybe You must uninstall old version and install this? Try delete .ltiger folder. And old saves move to diffrent folder.