[Tab3 7.0] Sprint model T217 gets official KitKat update

Search This thread

Chef_Tony

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 8, 2008
http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...e-update-to-android-4-4-2-build-t217svpubne7/

According to Android police, the first real update for the Tab3 7.0 is currently being pushed out for the US sprint model T217.
It carries the version number T217SVPUBNE7, is being pushed beginning today and this is the changelog:

Android version 4.4.2, KitKat
New Lock Screen Access
Media Controls - full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
Camera Shortcut - access the Camera application right from the lock screen
SMS App Chooser - select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
Restyled Status and Navigation Bars - status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
Consolidated Location Settings - location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu
Expanded Emoji Icons
Wireless Printing – supports printing over Wi*-Fi and Bluetooth
Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.

Source: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00057380&fm_seq=74477

Last edited:
Reactions: tube517 and kkalkan

Slick52

Feb 4, 2014
Michigan
So can we be almost certain that the T210R will also be getting 4.4.2? God I hope so.. the lack of Devs and lack of power makes this tablet horrible. I just had to reload another ROM on it for the daughter this weekend.

safariking

Jan 4, 2012
Lelystad
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
OMG that is cool... but i am not so sure if the T210 model will get it, it is just ridiculous that the tab 3 is running 4.1.2 and the Tab 2 is running 4.2.2 that is ridiculous Samsung

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA Free mobile app

Slick52

Feb 4, 2014
Michigan
Hopefully the hardware is close enough that someone with some skills can port it over to the T210r. My regrets for buying that POS would be slightly lowered. :)

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Free mobile app

pmacevad

I have the t217s and took the update. I haven't rooted or flashed a custom recovery yet, just haven't really had the need and the info is so spread out... I don't want to mess up my tab lol. Anyways the update is nice and this tab seems to be a little smoother now. Probably can't root or flash a recovery now that I took the update but that's okay I guess if not. I really only watch videos on it anyways. Anyone know of any solid links I could use to possibly root and install recover if I desire in the future?

Sent from the Galaxy Tab 3.

graffix31

Oct 9, 2011
Boston
Odined back to stock. Took the update and I'm rooted again. Feels good to be on kit kat makes our little tab still seem relevant.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

larry0987

Sep 20, 2010
Flushing
Odined back to stock nb8 and took update with no issues. Reinstall twrp via odin and root with no issues. Biggest difference is videos play smooth now. Previously they were choppy like it could not keep the buffer full.

My knox was already 0x1 so I dont know if twrp will set it if you use it,

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

mando41

Odined back to stock nb8 and took update with no issues. Reinstall twrp via odin and root with no issues. Biggest difference is videos play smooth now. Previously they were choppy like it could not keep the buffer full.

My knox was already 0x1 so I dont know if twrp will set it if you use it,

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

Odined back to stock. Took the update and I'm rooted again. Feels good to be on kit kat makes our little tab still seem relevant.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

What steps did you guys take?.. I Odined back to stock too but got this

ge4ujapa.jpg

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

graffix31

Oct 9, 2011
Boston
First I used the super user app to remove all root and return to stock. Then I odined back to stock. Nothing special really.

Reactions: mando41

larry0987

Sep 20, 2010
Flushing
My biggest issue was windows 8 wouldnt flash the baseband and recovery properly through odin or kies. I used a win 7 and odin worked no issues. I didnt have to wipe either.

Sent from my SM-T217S using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: mando41

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...e-update-to-android-4-4-2-build-t217svpubne7/

According to Android police, the first real update for the Tab3 7.0 is currently being pushed out for the US sprint model T217.
    It carries the version number T217SVPUBNE7, is being pushed beginning today and this is the changelog:

Android version 4.4.2, KitKat
    New Lock Screen Access
    Media Controls - full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
    Camera Shortcut - access the Camera application right from the lock screen
    SMS App Chooser - select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
    Restyled Status and Navigation Bars - status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
    Consolidated Location Settings - location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu
    Expanded Emoji Icons
    Wireless Printing – supports printing over Wi*-Fi and Bluetooth
    Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.

Source: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00057380&fm_seq=74477
    First I used the super user app to remove all root and return to stock. Then I odined back to stock. Nothing special really.

My biggest issue was windows 8 wouldnt flash the baseband and recovery properly through odin or kies. I used a win 7 and odin worked no issues. I didnt have to wipe either.

Sent from my SM-T217S using XDA Premium HD app