[Q] Rogers i727R identical to Skyrocket?

Search This thread

MidnightXZ

Sep 22, 2010
Toronto
I have a question about the Rogers Samsung Galaxy S II LTE. Is it completely identical to the AT&T S II Skyrocket?

In terms of roms and compatibility, they should be the exact same?

I would think that they would be the same, but the slight variation on model numbers throws me off.

(i727 vs i727R)

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

vincom

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
they r not exactly the same, kernel radio and rom r different, but u can tweek to get stuff working on i727r if it was made for i727(att)
as an example, i had to replace one file in faux's kernel to get it stable on my i727r

as far as hardware they could be exactly the same (im 99.9% sure they r), but the software(kernel, radio, rom ) r written different for each carrier so it can work for ur carrier

Last edited:
Reactions: tommygun198
N

nrm5110

Exact same phone all you need is your apn there are threads everywhere about this you can flash anything the skyrocket has just don't try any one click Odin leaks for the skyrocket on your rogers they don't work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

MidnightXZ

Sep 22, 2010
Toronto
they r not exactly the same, kernel radio and rom r different, but u can tweek to get stuff working on i727r if it was made for i727(att)
as an example, i had to replace one file in faux's kernel to get it stable on my i727r

as far as hardware they could be exactly the same (im 99.9% sure they r), but the software(kernel, radio, rom ) r written different for each carrier so it can work for ur carrier

So is there specifically released software for the Rogers S II?

Exact same phone all you need is your apn there are threads everywhere about this you can flash anything the skyrocket has just don't try any one click Odin leaks for the skyrocket on your rogers they don't work

So is the poster before you is incorrect, I assume? Otherwise, it seems like anything Skyrocket will work with the Rogers S II, which is what it seems like you're saying.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

N

nrm5110

Only thing you need is your sim and your apn everything else root wise rom wise and stuff all the same

mr_clean5953

Jul 11, 2010
Leduc

Wrong

Sent from my SGS 2 LTE running SkyICS

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
Wrong

Sent from my SGS 2 LTE running SkyICS

Actually no, he's partially right. In reference to the i727R not being completely compatible with radios, kernels and such, yes he is incorrect. As for needing to change one file in one of faux's kernels to to function he is correct.

Awhile back I posted a fix on this, but basically the init.qcom. post-boot file didn't have the correct identifier with the R present, and was incompatible with tpc v3, Rogers version. Replacing the identifier fixed the issue.

N

nrm5110

Ice your gonna scare the noob lol that's too advanced for them lmao

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.