[RECOVERY] TWP 2.8.5.0 for One Mini 2

Search This thread

csoulr666

Jun 30, 2011
Aligarh
TWRP doesn't seem to recognize my SDcard. It is a 32GB Patriot but it shows as 0 MB in the recovery which is why I can't make backups on my SDcard

Anyone else having problems?

gibihr

Mar 27, 2011
Rijeka HR
Sorry for asking that again @u-ra, is there any progress on fixing that problem with twrp (appearing everytime you plug in when switched off). I checked and there seems to be still no official support by twrp project...

GPaul

Feb 7, 2013
Bucharest
I have the 2.7.1.0 version and today something strange happened. After a complete discharge of the battery I couldn't boot into system again. After the battery image, the TWRP menu was shown but the touchscreen wasn't responsive (the physical buttons were working) and I wasn't able to press REBOOT or even close the phone anymore. I used adb to reboot for a couple of times but the phone was booting into recovery again and again. I managed to boot into system only after the battery got over 3%. Is this a known issue?

Regards

csoulr666

Jun 30, 2011
Aligarh
I have the 2.7.1.0 version and today something strange happened. After a complete discharge of the battery I couldn't boot into system again. After the battery image, the TWRP menu was shown but the touchscreen wasn't responsive (the physical buttons were working) and I wasn't able to press REBOOT or even close the phone anymore. I used adb to reboot for a couple of times but the phone was booting into recovery again and again. I managed to boot into system only after the battery got over 3%. Is this a known issue?

Regards

There was a bug in 2.7.1.0 regarding offline charging(when the phone's off). It opens into TWRP and doesn't respond. There are no such issues in the newer versions

Reactions: GPaul

snorglamp

Mar 27, 2012
Still Having Issues with TWRP

Hi all,

You may or may not have seen my posts regarding 2.7.1.0 TWRP and how it became unresponsive to touch inputs as soon as you modified the install of Android in any way (factory reset fixes the TWRP unresponsive to touch issue on my phone for some reason). As discussed there I re-flashed 2.7.1.0 as per instructions several times, always with the same outcome, so I have replicated this across multiple downloads/installs and with different versions of CyanogenMod installed (11 release channel, 12 Nightlies). Someone recommended to me to try the latest 2.8.5.0 which seemed to be working for everyone.

After having been away for a long time I just got a chance to start again with my phone from scratch and did a full format of everything and flashed the new TWRP 2.8.5.0 at the top of this thread. I now have a new problem...if I try to boot into it, the phone just gets stuck on "This is an experimental buid...HTC...etc" notice in red on a black screen, and nothing happens. So I seem to be locked out of TWRP, and actually I cant get to fastboot/HBOOT either (i just get stuck on that same screen). Volume up and power, volume down and power, and volume and volume down and power all produce the same outcome now. ADB commands also cannot get me to it ("Waiting for device" error now).

Fortunately from within the CyanogenMod Rom 12 I installed (an old nightly release), I was/am able to download updated nightlies and the installer does manage to successfully update the phone to the latest version, including it going through a screen that appears to be an HBOOT/fastboot screen, however it is all automatic and part of the ROM update process so it is not a method I think I can exploit to get to these parts of the hardware/software environment. Not sure what the update process is doing that gets it past the black scren with red writing, but it does.

U-ra, you have been a champion and thank the unknown that we have someone working as hard as you are on developing options for our device, so this is in no way a complaint or criticism, I am only intending to contribute constructively if only to let another user with my issues know they are not alone. That said, any tips on how to get full TWRP functionality back would be appreciated.

snorglamp

Mar 27, 2012
Looks like there is at least one other person with the same setup as me (2.8.5.0 and latest CM12 nightly) that cannot get past that screen without doing power reset (power plus vol up plus vol down), the screenshot they gave shows exactly the issue I was having. The phone is usable after reset but one cannot get back into TWRP fastboot or HBOOT screens. Just hangs on the initial screen that you usually get when you try to restart to those parts of the environment.

Top Liked Posts