[ROOT][FTF][locked/unlocked]Neo/Neo V Official 4.0.4 ICS 4.1.B.0.431; 4.1.B.0.587

Search This thread

Madfysh

Sep 22, 2011
looks like work for me too. thanks!
but how do i know that i have the last kernel installed??? i mean both kernels have the same version number...i dont know if i have the last one...

anyway my phone seems to be 4.1.B.0.431 and rooted! thanks a lot onesmore!!!:victory:
well I'm not sure you can, if flashtool didn't report any problem, it's flashed, you'll just have to trust him :)

kkmspm

Jul 15, 2010
Originally Posted by Madfysh

p.s. yes, this works for both, Neo and Neo V.
For Neo users, in step 2, you use kernel from Neo V of course.

In case someone is afraid that his finger will slip and that he will wipe something while flashing only kernel, I uploaded ftf's with only kernel.
MT11i_4.1.A.0.562_kernel.ftf: http://www.mediafire.com/?gwe739kn5mcx56t
MT11i_4.1.B.0.431_kernel.ftf: http://www.mediafire.com/?8qc47anlxc7uibl
MT15_4.1.B.0.431_kernel.ftf: http://www.mediafire.com/?xbwiq5ciw1nax2b

is this kernels work on WT19???

Madfysh

Sep 22, 2011
You are free to try.
Just one thing, when you flash neo v 4.0.3 kernel your phone won't boot ok, but it will be enough that root toolkit inject files for root. So don't be afraid if screen will be black, just make sure to enable debugging mode and enable unknown sources, before flashing neo v kernel.
Same problems have xperia pro users.
Try and report.

kkmspm

Jul 15, 2010
You are free to try.
Just one thing, when you flash neo v 4.0.3 kernel your phone won't boot ok, but it will be enough that root toolkit inject files for root. So don't be afraid if screen will be black, just make sure to enable debugging mode and enable unknown sources, before flashing neo v kernel.
Same problems have xperia pro users.
Try and report.

Didn't allow the flashing on wt19i(to many errors appeared). I found that st18i kernel does the job:-/. After flashing the kernel phone bricks, but allows the rooting. Then I reflash the stock kernel and seems to be ok now.
thanks anyway and sorry for the off-topic.

Sent from my MT11i using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Madfysh

kkmspm

Jul 15, 2010
It shows to many errors and don't complete the flashing
(MT11 kernel on WT19 phone.)

Sent from my MT11i using xda app-developers app

skral

Jul 4, 2012
Xperia Neo V stuck at SONY logo

Hi, I am a noob to rooting. Just tried my hands at it today. I rooted my ICS 4.1.b.0.431 and installed the cwm. Made a backup too thru cwm. I was installing the custom rom Xperia Ice Cream Pureness . followed these steps

1.Factory reset in cwm
2.wipe cache partition
3.wipe dalvik cache
4.Install rom zip

except the 3rd one, forgot to do it. When i restarted after installing rom from zip it gets stuck at SONY logo. Cant access cwm also . Can somebody pls help me.

If this is not the thread to post this complaint please direct me.

Madfysh

Sep 22, 2011
@skral: you have locked bootloader, right? If yes, that rom is for unlocked bl.

fr3quency

Sep 20, 2008
Patra
fr3quency.deviantart.com
Hello. I followed the steps, and I installed superuser via recovery, but now when I select reboot system, it gets me to the recovery. I used the flash method and not the hotboot one.

I did

"fastboot flash recoveryNeo.img"

Edit: I have unlocked my bootloader. And I got a Neo V.

Last edited:

Madfysh

Sep 22, 2011
Hello. I followed the steps, and I installed superuser via recovery, but now when I select reboot system, it gets me to the recovery. I used the flash method and not the hotboot one.

I did

"fastboot flash recoveryNeo.img"

Edit: I have unlocked my bootloader. And I got a Neo V.
Don't worry, just flash some other kernel, that kernel(recoveryNeo.img) is made just for CWM. That's why I wrote in first post that kernel is used for hotboot not for flash. ;)

Reactions: fr3quency

fr3quency

Sep 20, 2008
Patra
fr3quency.deviantart.com
Thanks for the quick reply! Where can I find a kernel just to boot into the phone? :) Can you provide any link, because when it comes to SE, im a noob. :p Im used to other phones. Hehe :x

Edit: I cannot boot into fastboot by holding the menu button and plugging in the usb. It boots into Recovery only. :S Any way to find a .zip kernel?

Edit 2: Can I just flash CM9? Or will I hardbrick?

Last edited:

Madfysh

Sep 22, 2011
Thanks for the quick reply! Where can I find a kernel just to boot into the phone? :) Can you provide any link
Get stock .431 kernel from here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26798415&postcount=141, open that .ftf with zip,rar or 7zip, and extract kernel.sin
and flash it with: fastboot flash boot kernel.sin

Edit: I cannot boot into fastboot by holding the menu button and plugging in the usb. It boots into Recovery only. :S Any way to find a .zip kernel?
There is no recovery zip for kernel.
Restart your PC, re-insert battery in phone and try again. Menu key+cable, report what happens, does blue LED turn on?

Edit 2: Can I just flash CM9? Or will I hardbrick?
Even for CM9 you still need to flash kernel, so let's first bring your phone to operating state, then you look for other things :)

fr3quency

Sep 20, 2008
Patra
fr3quency.deviantart.com
Ok i flashed a kernel which i found under the development section. Now how do I get into recovery? :p Im used to samsung phones.

Edit: Seriously, this kernel doesnt boot into recovery. It's so frustrating. I do adb reboot recovery but nothing. I tried to hotboot the kernel you provided, and then I tried to install CM9 from the Freexperia thread, but I get error status 7 or something. What's wrong with SE phones? :S

Last edited:

Madfysh

Sep 22, 2011
To enter recovery: keep pressing back button or volume- button.

Status 7 is when you used rom which is for neo, not neo v right? :)

It's nothing wrong with SE phones, they are just different than samsung, in some things, but still, if you use right files, there will be no problem.

Since you have no intention to stay on root-ed stock rom, but instead go to custom rom, we are a bit off topic in here, so you will get better answers if you continue discussion in the thread of rom you are trying to install ;)

Top Liked Posts