Samsung Google Nexus S Take Apart Repair Guide

Search This thread

repairsuniverse

Aug 11, 2010
Does your outer touchscreen have been damaged or cracked? This take apart repair guide will help you to fix your damaged screen or other internal part on your Samsung Google Nexus S.

This guide will help you to install the following Samsung Google Nexus S replacement parts:
  • Samsung Google Nexus S Screen Assembly Replacement
  • Other Samsung Google Nexus S Parts

Tools Required:
  • Safe Open Pry Tool
  • Small Phillips Screwdriver
  • Adhesive Strips

Samsung Goggle Nexus S disassembly guide:
  • The first step will be to remove the back battery cover and the battery.
  • Using a small Phillips screwdriver, remove the six (6) screws holding the back housing in place, as shown in Figure 1.

nexus-s-1a.jpg

Figure 1​
  • Using a safe open pry tool, pry the back housing away from the rest of the device. It will be clipped into place, so carefully work your way around all edges with your pry tool.
  • Remove the three (3) small Phillips screws holding the motherboard in place. There will also be two (2) flex cables that will need to be released. These are simple pop connectors that only need to be lifted with a safe open pry tool to release.

nexus-s-2a.jpg

Figure 2​
  • The motherboard can now be safely removed.
  • We are now left with the screen assembly and front case. Using a heat gun or hair dryer, heat the outside edges of the outer screen for 45-60 seconds. Use quick movements and do not stay in one area for too long.
  • Now, using a safe open pry tool, pry the screen assembly away from the front cover and bezel. Reheat if necessary.

nexus-s-3a.jpg

Figure 3​
  • Your screen assembly can now be replaced.

Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.

doc_v15

Oct 15, 2010
The screen is the super hardest part, tried with heat gun, but seams like it stick forever

Räph96

Oct 24, 2011
Hi,

i have bought a new display and installed it but the touchscreen isn`t working! Display works, all the connections of the screen to the mainboard are placed properly. Is the new screen defective?

repairsuniverse

Aug 11, 2010
Hi,

i have bought a new display and installed it but the touchscreen isn`t working! Display works, all the connections of the screen to the mainboard are placed properly. Is the new screen defective?

If its not a connection issue then it could be a bad screen. Does the touch screen on your original still function ok? You may wish to contact your supplier.

jasonmaloney

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 7, 2010
Lafayette, LA
www.masterjason.com
When attempting to disassemble my NS4G to do this repair, I encountered a lot of difficulty trying to remove the back housing without disturbing/breaking the front bezel. Fortunately, the replacement assembly I was installing came with a new bezel already installed; but had I needed to salvage the original (or if I ever need to disassemble the device again), do you have any more specific advice about properly removing the back housing?

Granted, I was using a guitar pick instead of a safe open pry tool, but I couldn't seem to do it without causing the bezel to come undone opposite my prying.

Räph96

Oct 24, 2011
If its not a connection issue then it could be a bad screen. Does the touch screen on your original still function ok? You may wish to contact your supplier.

Yes, the old screen is working. Also i contacted the supplier. Somebody said that there are 2 versions for i9023. Is that true?

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

craz6r

Sep 26, 2007
Dallas
Microphone

I was curious about the microphone on the board. Is it soldered on the main board or do you have to pry it off.

nickel911

Aug 27, 2007
This is great.... now all we need is some cheap replacement screens. The moment I saw the curved glass I knew this phone was going to be expensive to fix.

svtfmook

Aug 14, 2007
has anyone replaced just the outer glass? i bought the outer glass, but i don't know how to separate it from the rest of the assembly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does your outer touchscreen have been damaged or cracked? This take apart repair guide will help you to fix your damaged screen or other internal part on your Samsung Google Nexus S.

This guide will help you to install the following Samsung Google Nexus S replacement parts:
    • Samsung Google Nexus S Screen Assembly Replacement
    • Other Samsung Google Nexus S Parts

Tools Required:
    • Safe Open Pry Tool
    • Small Phillips Screwdriver
    • Adhesive Strips

Samsung Goggle Nexus S disassembly guide:
    • The first step will be to remove the back battery cover and the battery.
    • Using a small Phillips screwdriver, remove the six (6) screws holding the back housing in place, as shown in Figure 1.

nexus-s-1a.jpg

Figure 1​
    • Using a safe open pry tool, pry the back housing away from the rest of the device. It will be clipped into place, so carefully work your way around all edges with your pry tool.
    • Remove the three (3) small Phillips screws holding the motherboard in place. There will also be two (2) flex cables that will need to be released. These are simple pop connectors that only need to be lifted with a safe open pry tool to release.

nexus-s-2a.jpg

Figure 2​
    • The motherboard can now be safely removed.
    • We are now left with the screen assembly and front case. Using a heat gun or hair dryer, heat the outside edges of the outer screen for 45-60 seconds. Use quick movements and do not stay in one area for too long.
    • Now, using a safe open pry tool, pry the screen assembly away from the front cover and bezel. Reheat if necessary.

nexus-s-3a.jpg

Figure 3​
    • Your screen assembly can now be replaced.

Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.