[Q] Restoring applications on new roms

Search This thread

zubsz

Nov 4, 2011
Birmingham, UK
Hey guys, Would it be all right to restore my backed up applications on titanium backup to stock/custom roms after I've wiped my device and would I encounter any issues doing so? thanks In advance.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Its all about identifying what is a user app and what is a system app. You do a wipe because system data (system app data) is not compatible between roms. user data is fine.

In titanium, filter out all system apps. Then before you restore missign apps with data, ensure also by going through the list one by one, that there is still nothing rom related and deselecting anything that is,

Reactions: zubsz

CitizenLee

Aug 21, 2009
Aberdeen
Its all about identifying what is a user app and what is a system app. You do a wipe because system data (system app data) is not compatible between roms. user data is fine.

In titanium, filter out all system apps. Then before you restore missign apps with data, ensure also by going through the list one by one, that there is still nothing rom related and deselecting anything that is,

Good advice :good:

System apps appear in red text, so easy to avoid. I also cherry pick the items in green / yellow text as not all are needed between ROMs.

Reactions: zubsz and danarama

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Good advice :good:

System apps appear in red text, so easy to avoid. I also cherry pick the items in green / yellow text as not all are needed between ROMs.
    Hey guys, Would it be all right to restore my backed up applications on titanium backup to stock/custom roms after I've wiped my device and would I encounter any issues doing so? thanks In advance.

Yup, Titanium will work fine. I've been using it for years on various different Android devices ;)