Tell HTC what you think of no more One X updates!

Search This thread

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
I have been using 3 HTC devices from year 2009, based on experience I can say that HTC has only survived due to the developer love shown over here at XDA, unless there was such a wonderfull romming community for all HTC devices they won't have existed, at least I won't have continued.

But Tegra/NVidia fault or not, I'm least bothered, when HTC sold a costly HOX to me 2+ years ago, they have touted it to be the best phone, if they cannot provide a update to it 2 yrs down the line, I guess the last update happened 1 year ago, I will be forced to buy a new device to stay updated. I have real feeling that this is a marketing strategy of HTC, they will be saying the same thing next year about M7 and the next about M8

I'm done with this .. will keep using the HOX, till I can.. then will ditch HTC. Believe me, I have a few friends who bought HTC devices after looking at mine over the years, yes minimum 20 / 30 devices. I will make sure they also stop buying... Good luck HTC.. I or my friends won't ever bother you in future.
HTC changed their complete policy with the one series!...especially with m7 and m8 ...m7 is getting many updates and also still will get more...it will get android l and maybe even the next If not with help of the community... Also the one x was the best when it came out and a few months later...but it is now nvidias fault, and no one would know that nvidia would drop the support of their own drivers so fast...

Because of Qualcomm the s600 and s801 will be still supported a longer time so yea drivers will be there to get newer android versions running on it...so don't say it's HTC fault! There are many many other OEM which are much worse then htc ever was!

saitch76

Nov 27, 2008
HTC changed their complete policy with the one series!...especially with m7 and m8 ...m7 is getting many updates and also still will get more...it will get android l and maybe even the next If not with help of the community... Also the one x was the best when it came out and a few months later...but it is now nvidias fault, and no one would know that nvidia would drop the support of their own drivers so fast...

Because of Qualcomm the s600 and s801 will be still supported a longer time so yea drivers will be there to get newer android versions running on it...so don't say it's HTC fault! There are many many other OEM which are much worse then htc ever was!
It was HTC 's responsibility to source components that would be supported. My One X+ still hasn't received a single official update despite it being HTC 's flagship device in late 2012. If you think HTC cares about you and other HTC users then you are simply deluded. They became complacent about a loyal fan base, largely due to the XDA Developers modding community, and a large market share, took it for granted then nearly went bust. That IS HTC 's fault. It's ludicrous to try to blame all of that on nvidia.

teonagode

Jun 9, 2012
Ajdovscina
It was HTC 's responsibility to source components that would be supported. My One X+ still hasn't received a single official update despite it being HTC 's flagship device in late 2012. If you think HTC cares about you and other HTC users then you are simply deluded. They became complacent about a loyal fan base, largely due to the XDA Developers modding community, and a large market share, took it for granted then nearly went bust. That IS HTC 's fault. It's ludicrous to try to blame all of that on nvidia.

Ofcorse it has received the update to Android 4.2.2 and besided every 2012 flagship that has the Tegra 3 chip are not supported by nvidia anymore lets say the LG 4X HD whitch is still runs on Android 4.1.2 as it was abandoned by LG and Nvidia and Htc has changed and i mean that in a good way ;)

find7touchpad

Jan 3, 2012
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
There's and NVIDIA are the reason after so many years I have finally moved away from HTC.my experience so far is a good one with regards to hardware but it's a poor effort on the software that has left a sour taste which won't be forgotten soon

quang_nguyen

Jul 19, 2007
I can understand that is HTC's business strategy to push us to buy its newer products and its resource is more focus on newer products than this Miss of Yesterday like One X. But, in the end-user perspective, it would be hurt when you have just paid money for a hi-end product (Miss of Today) but it would be an Miss of Yesterday (without any supports) within 1-2 year. That may be a HTC's success in business but it will be fail to win a loyal user. Sooner or later, no loyal customer may have a negative impact on its sales
HTC should change, it may at least spend a minimum support for this until its specs can not meet the newer updates, even the time may get longer, it is still ok
Another thing that up to now, I don't understand why HTC does't release RUU for 4.19, the latest and the last rom by now. When your phone is at 4.19, you can not use RUU anymore. For a mainstream user, when they want to factory reset all, no way except nandroid backup
I myself will look into what HTC is doing with its M7 and M8 before deciding to buy the newer HTC phone (may be M9). But now, it is enough for me with this Miss of Yesterday

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that HTC have confirmed they are not providing any further OS updates for the One X and the One X+, I started a thread in the One X+ forum with a survey monkey link to give us all the chance to tell HTC what we think of their decision. Please take 5 minutes to complete the survey. The thread is here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49619827

Many users are frustrated that HTC don't listen to their customers so I compiled the survey to give us all the opportunity to express our collected opinion. Carpe diem!
    It's a point of principle that you sell something to people and two years later you say to them "hey you bought our stuff within the last two years, but we can't support it anymore". Yes it isn't the end of the world and the phone won't exactly stop working, but when it's capable of getting the update and giving us (the people who buy the thing) a better android experience, then why deny us that? Not all of us want to keep getting new phones all the time.

Well that's a matter of choice that how you define "support".
    No offence, but I can clearly see now (after the whole jb update issue back then) people who are somehow involved in software development or maintanance do get a clearer view.

Do you expect your Windows XP laptop to have Windows 8 free(which is three major versions later)?
    Do you even tried to guess not even calculate what are the costs to HTC to update this phone further?

It came with 4.0, got minor fix, major in terms of effect but minor in version
    Got major with 4.1 and got two minors for it
    Got major with 4.2 and got one minor for it

The phone is supported, it is evolving and this must have an end. After 4.4 Google might release sonething magnificent too, if HTC provides 4.4, won't you want 4.5 too? Where does it stop? What is the ethical point to stop? No where...

It is just an economical view and that's the only approach you can have.
    And HTC is a small company and it has a detailed "overlay software" over Android bla bla bla known stuff.

HTC's policy is the same for years.. I want you guys to stop this for saving your own energy, not for saving HTC don't get me wrong. I don't care how HTC feels, I ***** to their face on elevate :)
    But ppl always consume time and energy about this and I just wanted to point out that its useless, of course you can do whtver u want :)

Cheers
    soon i will say bye bye HTC

I have the nexus 5 on the way.
    HTC is very disappointing when it came to device update.
    They drop support to the ONE S ONE X+ in less then year,
    When they release an update it happens at least six months after the official release.
    Not to mention that the release update with famous Wifi bug.

The biggest disappointing from me is the the HTC ONE X did not get s-off.
    and additionally the nvidia tegra 3 blocking the possibility that ONE X will get port to news android version.

so bye bye HTC
    You are spit from the well which you drinking.
    I made my views pretty clear. HTC won't listen, if they do, it'll be a half ar**d support like the desire, desire HD...etc etc. Next time i'm just getting a google nexus phone outright and a 30 day rolling contract. Bye Bye HTC, hope you either learn or sink
    well getting a phone on a 2 year contract suddenly becomes our fault if the company decides not to support it....ethical point to stop it would be when most people who've got the one x on a contract when it got released finish that contract. THAT in my mind would be ethical. But of course, there are other companies (crapsung) who updated their galaxy s2 all the way from gingerbread to 4.1.2 with touchwiz. Yes samsung is a bigger company but HTC are there to take the fight to them for market place...no? then i'm sorry....my prejudice still stands.

Why do you look for a side to put a blame on? You're still using the word "support" for upgrading a sofware to an upper version, but let stay in terms, if we're looking for "ethical", this does NOT mean support. I can get many things as your opinion, but this is NOT. HTC does still support One X, it is not upgrading the software to another major version, that is it. Don't wanna look annoying but I am a software and management consultant and make lots of Support and Maintenance agreements, what you want is not support.

Well, you want an ethical solution.. In Turkey One X was still sold I think ended about 4-5 months ago, and with 3 year contracts. It is also sold for a long time, may be not in Western countries or in Oceania, but deciding just for those countries is not legal right? So, how long the upgrade process should last then? till 2016? 2017? This has no ethical solution. You used the key word, most. This is the best way to measure the economic point of view :) Would you like to make a market analysis to find out when the One X is sold most? Would you choose a specific month of a year? This is a dead-end bro, believe me. :)

Again, don't wanna look annoying, but then get a crapsung, you do know they do update their phones further, that is clear from Sensation/S2.
    This is how HTC makes their market strategy and you might say that it is clear that ther strategy is not working, but most of experts beliece upgrades are not the main reason for this.
    Anyways, I don't wanna "troll" in the topic where people write their opinions, just wanted to share mine.

Cheers