HTC One M8 Dot View Case

Search This thread

beko1987

Sep 14, 2009
I bought a second hand M8 from a colleague the other day and it came with a dot view. I like the idea, but in practise dont like it at all!

It's too springy, it flips closed all the time. I can't fold it all the way back so end up with the phone bouncing around, or have to hold the phone and open flap seperatly to keep the phone from moving. It makes taking pictures a pain as I have to hold the flap open and steady the phone and it doesnt fit in the desk dock I bought very well...

On the plus side you can play brick breaker on it, but I'm witing for payday and buying a different case for it!

henderjr

I bought a second hand M8 from a colleague the other day and it came with a dot view. I like the idea, but in practise dont like it at all!

It's too springy, it flips closed all the time. I can't fold it all the way back so end up with the phone bouncing around, or have to hold the phone and open flap seperatly to keep the phone from moving. It makes taking pictures a pain as I have to hold the flap open and steady the phone and it doesnt fit in the desk dock I bought very well...

On the plus side you can play brick breaker on it, but I'm witing for payday and buying a different case for it!

I hated the OEM dot view case though the cheap eBay version I bought from China works much better. Not very springy and has a hinge that lets it fold over much better.

danguyf

May 22, 2006
My new case came with a dot view cover; I like it well enough.

The app suggests that I should be getting notifications on it from any selected app, not just the HTC ones, right? I don't get any notifications; the screen turns on and I see the time and temp but no notification.

Am I doing something wrong?

henderjr

My new case came with a dot view cover; I like it well enough.

The app suggests that I should be getting notifications on it from any selected app, not just the HTC ones, right? I don't get any notifications; the screen turns on and I see the time and temp but no notification.

Am I doing something wrong?

Open up the dot view app and go to settings and notification settings. On my phone the app is called HTC Dot View. It's in the playstore if you don't have it for some reason.

danguyf

May 22, 2006
I have the Dot View app and I had already gone into Settings and checked the apps from which I wish to receive notifications. Still I receive no notifications.

When I receive a new email in Gmail, for example, the case lights up with the time/temp and then cycles to the previous three calls, but no notifications.

Am I supposed to be seeing something different, such as an email icon or some such?

henderjr

I have the Dot View app and I had already gone into Settings and checked the apps from which I wish to receive notifications. Still I receive no notifications.

When I receive a new email in Gmail, for example, the case lights up with the time/temp and then cycles to the previous three calls, but no notifications.

Am I supposed to be seeing something different, such as an email icon or some such?

I would've answered quicker if you quoted me since I would have gotten an email...

Does it have notification access? Go into settings --> sound & notification --> Notification Access

Make sure the HTC Dot View Notifications is checked

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-05-10-44-06.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-05-10-44-06.png
    159.3 KB · Views: 420
Reactions: danguyf

batkinson001

May 1, 2012
Oshawa
I have a Dot view case coming in from eBay... Should be here by the end of the month. Only getting it because it was $9. Still looking for a better case to protect my phone.

kr1pt

Dec 16, 2011
Zagreb
Got mine Dot View today. I really like the concept, but the execution is horrible. Can't lay it flat when opened, flap needs some sort of magnet to attach to display (because this way it's all wobbly, can't close it fully). Plus, the worst thing is I can't get my dots to align with display. I have to push the case with my fingers to align it. What I mean by that is below. I don't have any screen protectors. If anyone knows any fix to this, please say.

IJ4bURz.jpg

1Oruv6G.jpg

Hopefully you can see it

Last edited:

batkinson001

May 1, 2012
Oshawa
Got mine Dot View today. I really like the concept, but the execution is horrible. Can't lay it flat when opened, flap needs some sort of magnet to attach to display (because this way it's all wobbly, can't close it fully). Plus, the worst thing is I can't get my dots to align with display. I have to push the case with my fingers to align it. What I mean by that is below. I don't have any screen protectors. If anyone knows any fix to this, please say.

IJ4bURz.jpg

1Oruv6G.jpg

Hopefully you can see it
I see it. It doesn't look too bad in the first pic though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Vcek

Aug 27, 2011
Simril

Hopefully you can see it

I had the same issue, is your M8 the gunmetal grey colour? I was really confused because the shopkeeper told me that there's something wrong with my phone.

Reactions: Andrew.giliw

Andrew.giliw

Jul 29, 2015
Are you sure you purchased a genuine HTC case? As there are so many ill fitting rip offs.
I have just bought the same case from the officiallest HTC Online Store! And YES, my phone is gunmetal grey colour. And YES, all my issues are the same, just as described and depicted on the photos in this thread. HTC Support says it shouldn't be like this. HTC Service department says it should adjust to normal after some weeks. WTF?! I pay more than 40$ for this "original" piece of crap, and they tell me it's ok, it's just too tight and doesn't fit your phone but please come back after one week and then we'll think what to do:laugh:. Never buy this overpriced piece of junk! I wish I found this thread before I bought it.

Last edited:
I have just bought the same case from the officiallest HTC Online Store! And YES, my phone is gunpowder grey colour. And YES, all my issues are the same, just as described and depicted on the photos in this thread. HTC Support says it shouldn't be like this. HTC Service department says it should adjust to normal after some weeks. WTF?! I pay more than 40$ for this "original" piece of crap, and they tell me it's ok, it's just too tight and doesn't fit your phone but please come back after one week and then we'll think what to do[emoji23]. Never buy this overpriced piece of junk! I wish I found this thread before I bought it.
If you're unhappy, you could just take it back...?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't forget to get the app update. You can choose a wallpaper now.

su3uryde.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

ume4abyn.jpg

I really want the Dot View case for this phone. Did anyone mange to get their hands on one and dicovered that they don't like it? Why don't youlike it and would you sell it?
    Could anyone post the new dot case apk. I am using custom ROM now.

Here U go! :p
    Just wondering if everybody would start sharing the various wallpapers that they are using for the dot view case? I'd love to use a star trek theme one, but I'm curious what you all are using.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2813555

There you have more stuff :)
    I just bought one and cover won't close all the way i have a privacy screen protector on does anyone's case cover on case stay flat

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Nope.. I think it's a design flaw.. I got mine the day they were released and it doesn't lay flat.. But if you're rooted.. I can recommend an app that enables alot more then the stock HTC abilities.. As in if you get a test message from any app. It will scroll the whole message across your screen.. Not just show the icon like HTC has it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app