[ATTN][DEV] VillainROM and Partners Presents VillainTheme System 0.4.1 [THEMERS ONLY]

Search This thread

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
So I have a GS3 running the ROM and kernel in my sig.....I want to get into simple themeing like circle battery mods and such. So I just flash the zip in the OP and get busy?

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
Well, the Rom is not done yet. I'll see if I can get someone to post the vr they are trying out. I don't have that phone so I can't test it out personally. You can take a look at any of those. They all work on sense 4.0 but not sense 4.1
Thanks

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=29311351

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Sorry, you linked to the rom, I actually wanted the vrtheme, or is it in that thread somewhere?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

So I have a GS3 running the ROM and kernel in my sig.....I want to get into simple themeing like circle battery mods and such. So I just flash the zip in the OP and get busy?

If you want to get into theming I suggest doing it the old fashioned way...

I know a good post to get you started on a battery mod - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19760562&postcount=3

silverxbv2

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jun 28, 2010
Sorry, you linked to the rom, I actually wanted the vrtheme, or is it in that thread somewhere?

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

If you want to get into theming I suggest doing it the old fashioned way...

I know a good post to get you started on a battery mod - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19760562&postcount=3

Sorry. Look at my post. #6 I believe

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
Sorry. Look at my post. #6 I believe

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Just had a really quick look...

I downloaded the ICS_Tranquility_rls2 rom, and the glass battery mod.. Is the glass battery mod to be used with this RLS rom?

If so, that is your problem, the ROM's SystemUI.apk doesn't have a battery mod, so you're replacing images that aren't there... You'd need to create the battery mod, flash it over the top of the rom, and then VRTheme the contents... if that makes sense...

If it isn't thatr, and is something else, please point me in that direction...

silverxbv2

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jun 28, 2010
Just had a really quick look...

I downloaded the ICS_Tranquility_rls2 rom, and the glass battery mod.. Is the glass battery mod to be used with this RLS rom?

If so, that is your problem, the ROM's SystemUI.apk doesn't have a battery mod, so you're replacing images that aren't there... You'd need to create the battery mod, flash it over the top of the rom, and then VRTheme the contents... if that makes sense...

If it isn't thatr, and is something else, please point me in that direction...

That's not it. We have a modded systemui that it works on. But the same vr with the new systemui from 4.1 with the same mods don't work. I think it might be an updater script or binary issue

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

lichti1901

Sep 28, 2010
Riding my Bike
Hi guys. Thanks for the awsome Theme System.

I want to use it with Galaxy Nexus. I copied the updater.binary from my actual mods (flashable CWM.zips) and modified the updater.script
But after flashing nothing changed. Can anybody tell me what is my mistake?

Help is much appreciated :D

Attachments

• RBJ-black-backgrounds.test-1.zip
    159 KB · Views: 6

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
Hi guys. Thanks for the awsome Theme System.

I want to use it with Galaxy Nexus. I copied the updater.binary from my actual mods (flashable CWM.zips) and modified the updater.script
But after flashing nothing changed. Can anybody tell me what is my mistake?

Help is much appreciated :D

Hi,

You 'umount' the sdcard, but you don't actually 'mount' it... that could be your problem...! ;)

ummmm..... secondly... in cleanup.sh, installtheme.sh, zip, and zipalign are all empty... could be my download, but it seems that it could be that...

try downloading from the one on this first post (sdcard version and not cache version)and then just pop your images in there and see if it works...

3rd edit - to make it easier for you - just drop these files in the vrtheme folder - and mount the sdcard in the updater-script... see if it woks then...

Attachments

• vrtheme.rar
    334.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Reactions: lichti1901

lichti1901

Sep 28, 2010
Riding my Bike
Hi,

You 'umount' the sdcard, but you don't actually 'mount' it... that could be your problem...! ;)

ummmm..... secondly... in cleanup.sh, installtheme.sh, zip, and zipalign are all empty... could be my download, but it seems that it could be that...

try downloading from the one on this first post (sdcard version and not cache version)and then just pop your images in there and see if it works...

3rd edit - to make it easier for you - just drop these files in the vrtheme folder - and mount the sdcard in the updater-script... see if it woks then...

Thanks. Will try it tomorrow and report back. I have no Laptop today :(
Thanks for help! Really great support here! :highfive:

Edit: dont work. I used the files u sent me, changed the updater script.
Flash went ok without errors, but nothing changed.
I attach the zip what i flashed. I hope you can look into this :)

Edit 2: I changed recovery, from TWRP to CWM and flashed it a 2nd time, now i cant go over the bootani. So something went ok, and something not ...

Attachments

• RBJ-black-backgrounds.zip
    526.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: mattmanwrx

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
hmmmm... I cant see anything wrong with that, to be honest... It should work!!

The only other thing I can suggest, is to extract the rom it is going on, and then copy and paste the folder structure... I know that has worked for me a couple of times..

Basically, copy the SystemUI.apk to your vrtheme folder, delete anything not wanted, and add the things you do, and see if that works..

One other thing I noticed, is that there seems to be a bit of compression in the .zip - the installtheme.sh, zip & zipalign have compression, but the rest dont...

I have repacked it, with the compression set to store, and I can see that they aren't compressed.. maybe try with my repacked version attached to the post?

Matt

EDIT: mine is 1.06MB, yours is 526.7Kb - it must be the compression!!

Attachments

• RBJ-black-backgrounds.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

lichti1901

Sep 28, 2010
Riding my Bike
Ok thanks. Will try it as soon as i'm at home from work. Will report back then. Thanks for your help!
There should be more guys like you which help eatch other! :highfive:

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mattmanwrx

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
Hmmm... I have no more options to go to... everything looks like it should work...
Only other thing I can suggest is to copy the fielder structure with a copy and paste and see if that helps... if not... I'm all out of ideas and you may need to wait for an actual villainrom dev to help out...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VillainTheme System 0.4.1, aka VRTheme.

http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/4971-About-VillainTheme-System

OK, so I think it's time to explain what this is about. It's born from the idea that came about on IRC, for a way to make a theme once for a ROM, rather than have to adjust it for each incremental update for a given ROM or ROMs.

As a user, you don't need to know much - just flash this zip like a regular zip, and you'll get your theme running. But you should be able to apply themes to any device, ROM, and version of the ROM, without it causing adverse effects. That means less time spent by themers making the original theme, and less time spent modifying it constantly for new versions of ROMs.

As a themer? Well, here is the information:

• Inside the zip, in the vrtheme folder, you can create a folder called "system" and "data". The former is required, the latter is not required unless you wanted to theme a data app (strongly not recommended, unless you know the app will be there on every phone)
    • Inside the system or data folder, create a subfolder "app", and in these, make subfolders named EXACTLY after the APK name. For example, to theme the Browser, you need a folder called "Browser.apk". It must be correctly capitalised.
    • Within there, place the files you require for your theme, in the relevant locations. So most PNGs will be in res/drawable-hdpi/. You can put in xml files too (those which are not in resources.arsc), if you compile them via apktool, and extract them with a zip tool.
    • In the vrtheme folder, as well as system and data folder, one called "raw" can exist. Within here, you can place files to be copied verbatim to the ROM (for example, modified JAR files). Note that using this may make the theme device dependent (read WILL make it device dependent)
    • And that's about it. :)

Features
    • Will modify APKs in a ROM, without changing signatures, and can be used on any ROM where the filenames of themed files is the same.
    • Should not need updated between versions of a ROM
    • Zipaligns all APKs before installation
    • Stores a backup of all files being modified in /cache/vrtheme-backup/
    • Requires no coding abilities or editing of files - just drag and drop :)
    • Can copy "raw" files, though at risk of not working on other devices (well, let's face it, it won't work on likely a slightly different ROM, so this feature is not recommended or encouraged)
    Credits

D.O.C for the original idea in a discussion on IRC
    Stericson for the original idea of metamorph. While totally different, it's a shared goal to separate themes from ROMs
    Matt from the Metamorph team, for the zip binary compiled for Android
    Seshy

EULA

Nothing evil or complicated - just a few little things. You should not charge for access to this code. That includes a zip containing this, or a derivative of it. So please don't sell themes using it. That's not particularly cool. If you want to use it commercially for some reason, get in touch with us.

If you spot a bug or error, and find a fix, please reply in this thread and let us know, or post the changes you made. If you're going to distribute the changed version, it is expected that you share the change made by contacting us, or posting it here.

Finally, don't be a douche - don't rip this off or call it your own, and leave all headers and comments identifying the origin of the code in place. Don't rename this to match your ROM or "team" name - it's not cool, and it's not yours to go and adjust. I chose to make this a readable "plain" script, but can easily obfuscate and encrypt it if you want to be a douche.

Copyright VillainROM (2011). All rights reserved
    Download VillainTheme 0.4.1 TWRP compatible (Thanks to Dees_Troy)

Download VillainTheme 0.4.1 (thanks D.O.C)

Download VillainTheme 0.4.0 (thanks D.O.C)

Download VillainTheme 0.3.6 experimental
    Template for phones: http://www.mediafire.com/?9nxxuagdj4o72k4

Template for Android 3.0+ Tablets: http://www.mediafire.com/?5gyr1g0xgd05t70

Download VillainTheme 0.3.4
    Template for phones V0.3.4: http://www.mediafire.com/?ugjaj89i5oxb2nh

Template for Android 3.0+ Tablets V0.3.3: http://www.mediafire.com/?xxucc8xyt2x3k9s
    (WP 7 Theme to show where everything goes.)

If any of the templates get updated I will make sure to post the updated version with a changelog.

This was posted with permission from Pulser_g2 as he is on vacation.
    If you have any issues you can PM me and I will try to solve them, you can also drop by on the VillainROM.co.uk IRC channel and see if someone can help.

Also will state this again, all credit should go to Pulser, I am just posting this since he was away on vacation.
    Changelog

Changelog

0.4.1 TWRP compatibility

• Added TWRP Recovery compatible vrtheme (thanks to TWRP developers for compiling the zipalign binary, and again, thanks to androidphone2012 for pointing it out)
    0.4.1 compatibility issues

• Removed mounting partitions as blocks from updaterscript.
    • Removed bootlogo flasher from updaterscript

0.4.0 bugfix
    • Fixed permissions privileges in installtheme.sh

0.3.6 experimental
    • Different handling of raw files.

0.3.5 experimental
    • Fixed ASCII art in updater script.
    • Minor clean up of installtheme.sh
    • Added preview.png to template.

• Changed the way the .zip handles raw files again. Just put them in the raw folder.

• Modified installtheme.sh as it was giving possible problems.

• Fixed a problem with raw folder copying. Put contents of /raw in /system now on the root of the .zip
    • Fixed some status 0 errors.
    Currently known bugs:

You might need to grab an updater-binary fit for your device (just grab it from any .zip that will flash on your device.
    I've rewritten & updated the VRTheme template so that it'll work on Android 5, Lollipop roms.

Devices\roms tested and working:
    • Nexus 7 2012/LRX21P Android 5.0
    • HTC One M8/GPE Android 5.0
    • SGS3 i9300/Resurrection Remix 5.2.2 Android 5.0.1
    Theme files need to be added to the vrtheme folder using the same directory structure as on your rom.
    e.g. to change a png in SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-hdpi-v4, the modified png should go in the vrtheme\system\priv-app\SystemUI\SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-hdpi-v4 folder.

I've also added a couple of things:

Prints progress to the screen whilst processing apks.
    Selectively deletes dalvik-cache files for themed apks (if they're present).
    Creates a vrtheme_restore.zip in \data\vrtheme-backup\ so that all themed apks can be reverted back to their pre-themed versions.

Lollipop_VRTheme_Template.zip

Feedback appreciated ;)
    Has anyone used this to theme values folder in the SystemUI.apk.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Yep. Just make your changes to the values folder, compile the apk and then put resources.arsc from the apk into the vrtheme folder. Note it goes alongside the res folder, not inside it

JB_KK_L_VRTheme_Template.zip

Modified version of the Lollipop VRTheme Template. Should work on JellyBean, KitKat & Lollipop roms by setting folder paths depending on the value of ro.build.version.release in build.prop. Creates a vrtheme_restore.zip in \sdcard\vrtheme-backup\ so that all themed apks can be reverted back to their pre-themed versions.

Feedback appreciated ;)