[Q] Htc M8 symlink: some symlinks failed error

Search This thread

morktista

Jun 10, 2014
OK here it goes

Has the HTC sence on it originally
Unlocked and S-off
Installed GPE, didn't like how unmistakeable it was
Tried to install Android revolution on it got symlink: some symlinks failed error
Managed to turn S-on (don't ask)

Now can not adb in normal fastboot usb
can adb in any other mode and fasboot
TWRP installed
tried incertcoin, Android revolution and then Viperone, all fail with symlink: some symlinks failed error
Tried to flash stock rom and GPE sae problem

Finally tried CM Mod, now this is in nightlys no stable release or anything and a very small install 260mg
did install with no problems, rooted and everything

I did install CM from /sdcard/, i cant remember if i tried that with the others, i mustly did it from ext sdcard

Now for the life of me i cant adb so i can get into the shell to s-off again and i can not get another rom on to it, now since it took me two solid days to get a working OS back onto the phone im not in a hurry to try again with out posting and asking for help or if anyone can answer this.

1 why can't i adb in to getinto the shell (adb devices comes up but blank on the list)
2 why am i getting the symlink: some symlinks failed error on other roms

P.S. if anyone is getting the above symlinks error try CM mod 11 nightly for the M8

Last edited:

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
You can't use adb without enabling usb debugging.

morktista

Jun 10, 2014

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 309

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
I know this, and it is on, and still when in bootloader usb mode the list of devices shows of nothing under it
Your device is being detected initially. Just don't bother with the 'adb reboot' or swap the cable to another usb port after reboot. Just go ahead and do the s-off.

Last edited:
Reactions: morktista

morktista

Jun 10, 2014

Your device is being detected initially. Just don't bother with the 'adb reboot' or swap the cable to another usb port after reboot. Just go ahead and do the s-off.

Ok it seams i forgot the last command /data/local......

but now i am getting

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
Biggest problem i see is that you ran the RUU for GPe which converted all partition ( and sizes ) to that for GPe. When returning to Sense, the first thing you should do is flash a Sense firmware first, then factory reset and then flash the whole Sense ROM

So I believe you missed flashing the firmware part totally ?!?

morktista

Jun 10, 2014
A-B-N, is there a way to fix the partitions with s-on? Could you tell me step by step? Maybe I van still get AR HD or viperone on it.

As for s-off, I'll just have to wait, sure once I've an is on the phone even tho its a nightly build. Its still not a paper weight. Thank you all for the responses and help. I've learned a great deal in the last 48 hours :cool:

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

rafucho

Jul 21, 2012
same here, I'm s-on :(
what to do to get back to sense??
I'll try a small Sense ROM like SkyDragon Redbulled, I'll let you guys know

Top Liked Posts