Scratch Repair Help Please

Search This thread

LordKoga

Dec 15, 2011
Anyone know how to repair a minor surface scratch on the Note`s screen. I noticed while using it in the sun when I'm indoors it's not visible. I honestly have no idea how it got there as I'm crazy protective with my tablet. Even though the scratch is small it's driving me crazy.

Thanks yall

Sent from my SM-P905 using XDA Free mobile app

GalaxyNotesTx

Jan 25, 2014
Anyone know how to repair a minor surface scratch on the Note`s screen. I noticed while using it in the sun when I'm indoors it's not visible. I honestly have no idea how it got there as I'm crazy protective with my tablet. Even though the scratch is small it's driving me crazy.

Thanks yall

If you cannot feel the scratch with your fingernail, Get some Jewelers Rouge and it will take that scratch out and put a mirror finish on that screen.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

LordKoga

Dec 15, 2011
I can feel the scratch with my fingernail unfortunately.

LordKoga

Dec 15, 2011
I've heard that certain car polishes containing aluminum sillicate are good for gorilla glass anyone know anything

GalaxyNotesTx

Jan 25, 2014
If you can "feel" the scratch , a polish will not help..it will mar the glass...Can you post up a clear pic of it?

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

That's a good tip - where can you get that?

Home depot or Lowe's used to have it...like near where the Dremel tools are at...

Jul 28, 2014
Anyone know how to repair a minor surface scratch on the Note`s screen. I noticed while using it in the sun when I'm indoors it's not visible. I honestly have no idea how it got there as I'm crazy protective with my tablet.
I know just the feeling. One day I put my Note 10.1 (original) on the table, picked it up a moment later, and noticed three honking great scratches. The only thing to ever touch the screen was the stylus tip and eraser end. A little testing showed the S Pen leaves microscratches all over the screen. Since then I've always used screen protectors.

It's not a solution, but if you can get the scratch removed, consider getting a cheap protector. If something does scratch the screen against all caution, you only need chuck away a piece of plastic and not fret about your gorgeous, expensive glass being messed up. Advice that the screens are scratch resistant is seemingly incorrect as both you and I know! :(

kkretch

Jan 1, 2013
near Pittsburgh

Thanks yall

I think I would leave it alone, the screen may have a oleophobic coating on it.

Better research it more before you dive into what could be a complete fail.

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G6
Putting a screen protector on such a large screen is a pita.
The little debris parts that will come in between will get a nice sort of halo under the protector, coz otherwise you could hardly notice them, which would be a shame.
My 4.7" phone has one "foggy spot" outside the display, fortunately. The smaller dslr display also, and so it was with several older phones.
I would polish scratches only, if they eh, scratch tissue, both cloth and body, you would not want to bleed or buy new clothes constantly.
So far I needed that only for plastic case scratches. A cheap lighter used to open a bottle of beer can ruin your trouser pockets, in that case rubbing the thing on some surface makes things better.

Last edited:

blindmanpb

Nov 11, 2010
'Scratch resistant' should cover resisting scratches from the official implements supplied and bought for use with the screen though.
In addition to the Note 2014 I own (which DOES have a screen protector), I use another one for work (which does not). I'm not particularly careful with either one, and none have shown any signs of scratching. And I'm one of about five people who uses the one at work.

If you had a few particles of something stick to the tip of the pen, or had a particularly chewed-up nib on it, I could see that scratching the screen over time.

LordKoga

Dec 15, 2011
I'm considering buying the aluminum polish. As the note is gorilla glass the polish is supposed to bond to the glass. Just in case does anyone know where I can get a new screen if I mess things up and make it look worse?

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
I'm considering buying the aluminum polish. As the note is gorilla glass the polish is supposed to bond to the glass. Just in case does anyone know where I can get a new screen if I mess things up and make it look worse?

You could get it from Ebay for 30-45$, but replace the screen is not an easy task. The glass needs to be glued to the digitizer and you need equipment to do so. If you buy the glass assembly (included glass + digitizer) then the cost is a lot more. I suggest to use a clear screen protector and this will hide all the scratches since the glue is bond to the glass.

Last edited: