[Q] Colored pixel noise issue

Search This thread

chaoskoch

Apr 12, 2012
Hello everybody,

I recently bought a Nexus 7 LTE. I decided to unlock and root it with WugFresh's Toolkit. The process worked out fine and I didn't have any problems.

But one day later I got some trouble with it. Sometimes when I unlocked the device there was a kind of colored pixel noise. The Nexus then didn't react to the touchscreen and I was only able to deactivate the screen with the power button. The pixel noise stayed for around 5 min and then disappeared. This issue happened multiple times, so I sent back the device to the manufacturer and got a new one.
My question is, was the reason for this problem the unlocking and rooting or is it a hardware issue? Could it happen again when I root my new device?

If you need pictures, device or software information, just tell me,
Thanks for any help :)

Hardware is my guess

Hello everybody,

I recently bought a Nexus 7 LTE. I decided to unlock and root it with WugFresh's Toolkit. The process worked out fine and I didn't have any problems.

But one day later I got some trouble with it. Sometimes when I unlocked the device there was a kind of colored pixel noise. The Nexus then didn't react to the touchscreen and I was only able to deactivate the screen with the power button. The pixel noise stayed for around 5 min and then disappeared. This issue happened multiple times, so I sent back the device to the manufacturer and got a new one.
My question is, was the reason for this problem the unlocking and rooting or is it a hardware issue? Could it happen again when I root my new device?

If you need pictures, device or software information, just tell me,
Thanks for any help :)

My guess is it is hardware. I have seen something like this with a bad video cable connection. Just a guess, though.

Any time you suspect it is a different ROM and you are about to send it back, try to return your Nexus to stock and see if it goes away.