[Q] New to forum need some help.

Search This thread

dubedollars

May 25, 2014
Hello. Im brand new to xda. I see this is the place to come for android help. I recently acquired an HTC Inspire 4G from a buddy of mine. It was bricked. After alot of googling I figured out how to restore the stock rom. I was successful. I liked the phone so much I decided to switch over from the unmentionable phone I had been accustomed to using. I did some research and decided to attempt to root the phone. I followed the instructions I found in a thread here. I used the Easy Ace Root Tool. The root failed. After it had me upgrade the rom on it it said "Your version is no longer supported. You will be e-mailed when support is available". Now I can no longer bring up the bootloader. Any idea on what I can do to get it rooted?

nohamSam

Oct 26, 2013
Fort Smith
Hello. Im brand new to xda. I see this is the place to come for android help. I recently acquired an HTC Inspire 4G from a buddy of mine. It was bricked. After alot of googling I figured out how to restore the stock rom. I was successful. I liked the phone so much I decided to switch over from the unmentionable phone I had been accustomed to using. I did some research and decided to attempt to root the phone. I followed the instructions I found in a thread here. I used the Easy Ace Root Tool. The root failed. After it had me upgrade the rom on it it said "Your version is no longer supported. You will be e-mailed when support is available". Now I can no longer bring up the bootloader. Any idea on what I can do to get it rooted?

You must disable fastboot in order to access the bootloader.
settings > power > uncheck fastboot

dubedollars

May 25, 2014
You must disable fastboot in order to access the bootloader.
settings > power > uncheck fastboot
I was actually successful in unlocking the bootloader. I figured out the fastboot today. The problem im having is the root fails. It says something about adb being outdated. It fails at achieving temp root. Says permanent root is achieved at the end but when I run the root checker app it says its does not have root access.

vivek2

Jul 10, 2014
succesfuul in unloacking bootloader

Sent from my A110Q using XDA Premium 4 mobile app