ArmorSuit MilitaryShield/Skinomi TechSkin - Black Carbon Fiber Film + SP (update 2)

Search This thread

LongDuckDong

Oct 11, 2011
Portland, OR
I personally have the skinomi screen protector and I really like it. I;ve previously owned the zagg protector for the the iphone, just never really like the weird orange peel feel of it. This screen protector is the best of both worlds, cheap, quality construction, and when applied correctly it doesn't make the screen less smooth. Have an At&t store rep install it. That way you can blame it on them if anything goes wrong ;)

bkeaver

Just got my skinomi tonight and have it on. Gotta say it took me awhile to get it so the edges weren't so rough feeling. At first it felt like any seem and any corner could snag and pull it up. But being persistent with the hair dryer its getting better and doesn't have that feeling as bad. I do wish that it was cut better on the corners. I know its just me being picky but there is a few gaps where the phone shines through a bit but like I said its just me being over nit picky. I do like the way it looks over all though.

Just thought I'd give my 2 cents on it. Oh and I didn't use the screen protector cause I already have one on it.

Sent from the amazing AT&T SGS II running Omega XT 4.0

ferrocene

May 7, 2010
Is a screen protector really necessary with gorilla glass?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

bkeaver

I must say its been a week since I installed this skin and I am really like it. The skin does make it a tight fit on the desktop charger. Other than that it seems super durable. My only wonder when the time comes if I need to remove it how easy that will be. But I will cross thy when it comes to it.

Bottom line would recommend this to anyone who wants scratch protection with no bulk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

termleech

Nov 12, 2010
McPherson, KS
www.codemonkeyjava.com
Got mine in the mail yesterday. Installed it but now it won't slide in to the case I have for it. Its a pretty tight fitting case. So I unfortunately had to remove all of it execpt the battery cover. I liked it except even using a blow dryer my corners were still sharp. I wish they made a carbon fiber slide on case. I love the look of the carbon fiber. Definitely watch the video a couple times before installing. The hair dryer is crucial to the install.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

SupremeOverlord777

Nov 23, 2011
How much more protection would a case have over this skin? If a case is hugely more protective, I'd probably go with it. But I really want to keep the weight, thickness, and looks of the skin

shinshoryuken

Nov 8, 2011
Got mine in the mail yesterday. Installed it but now it won't slide in to the case I have for it. Its a pretty tight fitting case. So I unfortunately had to remove all of it execpt the battery cover. I liked it except even using a blow dryer my corners were still sharp. I wish they made a carbon fiber slide on case. I love the look of the carbon fiber. Definitely watch the video a couple times before installing. The hair dryer is crucial to the install.

I too had sharp corner but eventually it get smoothed out. I don't think it gives that much protection but good enough to protection from light scratches plus it looks cool, and gives the phone added grip.

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
i got the full armorsuite... the screen is nice but the edges of the carbon fiber just wont work right. The bottom piece doesnt even line up right and wont stretch making it not ift around the corners... i do not recommend the carbon fiber part of it... im hoping mine is a defect but im not sure....

projekt1

Aug 3, 2007
NorCal

Which skin did you get?

kperajis

Aug 27, 2010
Just installed the Skinomi Tech skin. It looks and feels good. Would recommend it to anyone considering it!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA App

BWheezy

Oct 11, 2008

It's not a slide on, but I just got this and it actually looks like real carbon fiber:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260889294265?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
It's a snap together case, doesn't add too much bulk or weight

rojaxda

Apr 22, 2011
It's not a slide on, but I just got this and it actually looks like real carbon fiber:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260889294265?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
It's a snap together case, doesn't add too much bulk or weight

Mind mentioning the product ? Clicking on it beings on Hitler's rant: Deze site maakt gebruik van cookies om uw gebruikerservaring te verbeteren. Door eBay te gebruiken, gaat u akkoord met ons gebruik van cookies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so what about removal? how easy do you think it would be to take it all off? and do you see any of the corners being able to come loose?
    It's the same material that I used to wrap my car..it's an easy process. It doesn't leave a sticky residue. Make sure to apply heat on the corners with a blow dryer to keep it's shape on the corners. It's memory material.

So any final votes for one or the other (Skinomi vs. ArmorSuit)? I'm ordering one tonight or tomorrow (need something that will fit in the Samsung dock, plus I like the slimness of the phone) and from what's here so far, it sounds like a coin flip (or price).

Any weight one way or the other appreciated!
    Skinomi has a more precise cut. Armorsuit has a better screen protector.

I ordered both of them but the skinomi came in first. It only took two days. Bodyguardz had a negative review about the battery cover skin on Amazon so I purchased this as well. Applied it. Nice feel, texture. Skin is of 3M quality. Only the sides had a small gap. Also came with a screen protector. Chose this over a case to keep it's thinness and weight. Here are the results:

Ihave the military shield and its freaking amazing. the screen is still super sensitive and it was easier then making a bowl of cereal to put on. I did use the spray to apply it but i was also careful not to let the spray get into the speaker or the side buttons when i squeegeed it out. Very good. Very protective. Unnoticeable with screen on. Id suggest you buy it if you want absolute protection.

I no longer worry about cleaning my screen anymore.

PS I bought the full body ArmorSuit but only used the screen protector and the back protector and it feels NICE! And if you buy a TPU case on top of that you'll no longer worry about your phones protection....ever... ITS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
    I am interested in the The ArmorSuit Military Shield full body (invisible color).
    I saw on their web site the video on how to install the screen protector, but no video for the cell phone body. From some of the comments it seems pretty easy but you just need to be careful. How does the skin stick to the phone ? Do you have to use the solution spray ? Thanks for any advice.

Also has anyone tried the phone with the full body ArmorSuit Military Shield with one of those cases :
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056Y7BK2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=AMTU4SZ18PWZ4
    or http://www.amazon.com/TPU-Cases-Fle...4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1320511190&sr=1-4
    Does it fit well ? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

thats the exact case i have. its pretty good except I dont like the volume buttons on it. Thinking about using a precision knife to cut them out so I can actually feel the buttons click. Other wise it doesnt make the screen protection rub off or anything. Very solid feel. Pretty decent grip. Nice and cheap too ;)