TSF Shell

Search This thread

jspsuperman

Feb 19, 2011
Visalia
Is anyone brave enough to drop 17 bucks on this new launcher? Apparantly it is as awesome as the videos released awhile back. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Im about to take the plunge and purchase it but would like to know if anybody else has tried it yet and feels that its worth it.

Zeinzu

Aug 18, 2010
Manchester
www.sdx-developers.com
There isn't enough flashy effects or options that would ever have me drop $15+ on a launcher. To each their own. Most free or low priced launchers are plenty smooth with all the options I need or want.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
Is anyone brave enough to drop 17 bucks on this new launcher? Apparantly it is as awesome as the videos released awhile back. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Im about to take the plunge and purchase it but would like to know if anybody else has tried it yet and feels that its worth it.

Not even if I was a millionaire....

Today I bought real racing 2 for £0.70 - much more worthy.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tdwp16

Jun 2, 2011
I just used tsf for about ten minutes. I would definitely not pay what they are asking. Not only is the launcher overly complicating and a waste of ram, its overly sensitive.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Sheldon_

Mar 1, 2012
I just used tsf for about ten minutes. I would definitely not pay what they are asking. Not only is the launcher overly complicating and a waste of ram, its overly sensitive.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

The video shows features that isn't even included yet kinda sad

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

nvertigo

Jan 7, 2011
i was just about to post asking about this when i saw this thread. is the epic able to handle it well?

it sounds like people are going by bad first impressions. the problem is i would be shocked if this thing didn't take awhile to adapt to. can you guys who tried it honestly say you would not come to love it once you adapt?

the functionality and looks seem amazing and i was shown the video by my friend who uses a bionic and he loves it. does it lag on the epic?

but yeah 17 bucks is steeeeep in a culture that doesn't like to pay for apps already.

ac16313

Mar 15, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
i was just about to post asking about this when i saw this thread. is the epic able to handle it well?

it sounds like people are going by bad first impressions. the problem is i would be shocked if this thing didn't take awhile to adapt to. can you guys who tried it honestly say you would not come to love it once you adapt?

the functionality and looks seem amazing and i was shown the video by my friend who uses a bionic and he loves it. does it lag on the epic?

For that much money id better like it right away now have to "adapt" to it. That's crazy expensive...

Sent from my SPH-D700

nvertigo

Jan 7, 2011
haha true but they show most of the features in the video so you should be going in knowing that you'll eventually be able to move everything around that fluidly, but will take a bit of getting used to. shouldn't be more than a few hours i'd imagine.

anyway i'm thinking of taking the plunge when i get home, just wondering if those who tried it got bad lag or anything on our dated phones :(

jspsuperman

Feb 19, 2011
Visalia
It actually runs just as the video does, I dnt dislike it but its just extremely complicated. Def not worth 17 bones, but having aquired it *cough* thru alternative means *cough* I can say it is a very pretty launcher.

DCRocks

Oct 4, 2010
Washington DC
Coming from a person that actually bought the 15 dollar spb shell launcher

This blows

Sent from my CM9 Epic 4G

Heh. My GF loved the SPB launcher, but i finally converted her to ADW. Might sneak her over to GO Launcher next update.

Still, I felt $15 was to much, but $17 is just an absurd amount for just a launcher.

This Epic post was brought to you via Tapatalk

kstephens98

Apr 29, 2009
Been using this for a few days. I like it and its nice eye candy but... definitely NOT worth $17. Honestly, no launcher is.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

beltsnspoons

Jul 28, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
the most ive EVER paid for a launcher is nova launcher prime...and that was only 4 bucks. 17 bucks?? for a phone app?? ONLY if i was rich... or maybe if i had a really nice tablet or something, but not on my epic. cm9 with nova works perfect for me. i wshould look at this video tho, now im curious to what a 17 dollar launcher looks like. anybody find it on 4shared mobile yet?? :x

mucus_android

Jan 20, 2011
New York
unfortunately this is a terrible launcher.
It's unintuitive
Features that one might look for aren't there.
Memory hog
this are some of the falling points of the launcher, but that doesn't make it bad enough.
There is no free version of this launcher, no way to give it a test drive before you get down and dirty with it.

You MUST drop over 17 dollars on it!
WOAH!

Hold the phone a minute.
Seventeen dollars for a launcher, a homescreen.
What does it do for these 17 dollars of mine?
It launches other apps.
What else?
That's about it.
Well does it at least have some sort of cool effect that shows you're using a powerful phone capable of handling an app that costs seventeen bucks?
No. It has very simple graphics.
Why does it cost so much then?
Eh. Why not?

Bottom line:
Crappy app not worth the money.

Reactions: slayer450

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Thread cleaned
Discussion of sites to get paid apps for free is considered a Warez violation
Read forum rules
Buy apps, support development or stick to free apps
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

iceman19631

Sep 18, 2010
Moto G 5G
haha true but they show most of the features in the video so you should be going in knowing that you'll eventually be able to move everything around that fluidly, but will take a bit of getting used to. shouldn't be more than a few hours i'd imagine.

anyway i'm thinking of taking the plunge when i get home, just wondering if those who tried it got bad lag or anything on our dated phones :(

It's real snappy yet it does cause a slight lag in other apps on mines. Although pricey...I still kinda like it.

from my wonderfully customized TPR2.2 Epic4g (Mysterious Beast) Themed.

Last edited:

y2bangali

Oct 25, 2010
New York City
I dont know if you guys know or if its illegal to mention it in this site but the ppl that arent willing to spend $17

Mod edit: should not use it!

It is against forum rules to mention pirate sites here. DO NOT DO SO AGAIN!

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread cleaned
    Discussion of sites to get paid apps for free is considered a Warez violation
    Read forum rules
    Buy apps, support development or stick to free apps
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    True. Piracy is against the law but not "illegal". It is illegal to distribute copyrighted material but not really to download it. I assure you that the cops/FBI/CIA have much better things to do than deal with someone who downloaded an application. Most of the people who pirate apps would not pay for them anyways even if pirating was not an option, so in the end, the companies do not loose nearly any money and actually get some advertising.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Tell that to the soccer mom that was convicted of pirating music and was fined a million dollars...$10000 per offense. It does happen!

OH and it will earn you a ban advertising those sites here on XDA.

Sent from my PantechP4100 using xda premium
    unfortunately this is a terrible launcher.
    It's unintuitive
    Features that one might look for aren't there.
    Memory hog
    this are some of the falling points of the launcher, but that doesn't make it bad enough.
    There is no free version of this launcher, no way to give it a test drive before you get down and dirty with it.

You MUST drop over 17 dollars on it!
    WOAH!

Hold the phone a minute.
    Seventeen dollars for a launcher, a homescreen.
    What does it do for these 17 dollars of mine?
    It launches other apps.
    What else?
    That's about it.
    Well does it at least have some sort of cool effect that shows you're using a powerful phone capable of handling an app that costs seventeen bucks?
    No. It has very simple graphics.
    Why does it cost so much then?
    Eh. Why not?

Bottom line:
    Crappy app not worth the money.