Samsung galaxy s3 digitizer and front glass

Search This thread

domukas00

Sep 12, 2013
Hello, I have galaxy s3 with cracked front screen (amoled screen is not cracked) and I want to change it. I have viewed some videos about changing it and have a question about a digitizer and front glass. Example in this video http://youtu.be/6gLzEbAIGos?t=3m32s a man removes front screen (i dont know how to call it, digitizer or front glass) at 3:30 and then at 4:30 he puts a new front screen but there are no connectors on it, so how does the touch screen even works without any connectors? This man said that he bought this screen http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00932V17C/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and there's written that it is a front glass and "The LCD display and touch screen are not included". So where is the digitizer (touch screen) ??? At that video when he removed front screen there was only amoled screen left, then he put on that front screen without digitizer and touch screen worked. I am soo confused. Please explain it to me.

ghostofcain

Nov 25, 2009
Birkenhead
Google Pixel 8
As I understand it the front part is simply a glass screen over the digitiser/touchscreen hence the lack of connectors, the tricky part is removing the glass from the touchscreen without damaging it, then rebonding the new glass.

Sent from my GT-I9300

domukas00

Sep 12, 2013
As I understand it the front part is simply a glass screen over the digitiser/touchscreen hence the lack of connectors, the tricky part is removing the glass from the touchscreen without damaging it, then rebonding the new glass.

Sent from my GT-I9300
But in the video when he removed that front glass without connectors there seems no digitizer left over the lcd.

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
The digitiser and oled screen are bonded together, the front glass is just a cover.

Don't bother with the cheap 'glass', it's usually soft plastic and useless. If you read the reviews it's clear you are buying a con.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: domukas00

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The digitiser and oled screen are bonded together, the front glass is just a cover.

Don't bother with the cheap 'glass', it's usually soft plastic and useless. If you read the reviews it's clear you are buying a con.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk