[Q] Cracked my screen - Premium Handset Protection (PHP)?

Search This thread

hella356

Jun 20, 2009
Hi, I have the Assurant Premium Handset Protection (PHP), which was required when I got my S4. It apparently is covered, although it looks like a $175 deductible is in place. Anyone have PHP and have cracked their screens? Curious about the process.
Thanks!

rel500

Aug 4, 2009
Miami
Call 611 tell them u cracked your screen. Asurion will ask you when u last used your phone, ask you some identity verification questions snd charge your credit/debit card 175... I got a brand new phone still sealed... nb4 modem 4.3 firmware .....

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Xerran

Mar 2, 2013
Harrison
Hi, I have the Assurant Premium Handset Protection (PHP), which was required when I got my S4. It apparently is covered, although it looks like a $175 deductible is in place. Anyone have PHP and have cracked their screens? Curious about the process.
Thanks!

When you get sorted purchased a Urban Armor Gear case and Tech Armor Ballistic Glass. Tempered glass costs $15, looks way better than regular screen protectors and will take the hit for your screen if you drop it.

Dugan1017

May 3, 2012
Just got my replacement yesterday. ..next day service. They sent me a brand new sealed replacement, and I now have an extra charger, spare battery, and headphones. All I have to send back is the phone itself. I'm even keeping my extra back cover. Also had the 4.3 mk2 Knox bootloader...did the OTA update to 4.4.2/nb4 modem...haven't re-rooted yet.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

lalec

Apr 30, 2008
Houston, Texas
Thanks!

They tried to tell me that PHP is required too but that was just a sales pitch. They make profit from selling that insurance. I'm using the warranty provided by my credit card and have a really low deductible of around $25. The next day replacement does sound like good service though.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using xda app-developers app

hella356

Jun 20, 2009
I got a Note 3, which pretty much improves upon everything of the S4, but is really stretching the limits of how big a phone I can deal with. I never dropped the S4 or S2 out of my hand, but I feel like I'm on the verge of it a lot with the Note. So I ordered an S4 glass lens replacement and am going to attempt to fix it myself for cheap. If I succeed, I'll probably return the Note and stick with the S4, but I'll miss the Note a lot. Hopefully I can pull it off. If I fail, I've got the Note, which is otherwise incredible. So for $6 I may be back running with the S4 or I could sell it to offset the price of the Note.