[Q] android L on our g2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

truth1675

Aug 21, 2012
After watching part of Google I/O and seeing that android L will be heading to nexus devices tomorrow how likely is it that we might have a working port of L soon?
Thanks!

ishyesh

Jun 15, 2010
Boston, MA
Quickly

From my personal experience compiling, tweaking, and writing code....it will come to us very quickly as soon as Cyanogen syncs to Android L. Android is very modular, and for that reason alone, very few tweaks [comparatively] are required to make it work on new devices. Thank Linux.

shriom_manerker

Mar 23, 2011
Margao,Goa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5T
i'd say give it about 6 months from the time the nexus devices get the update. its lg afterall. i at least hope they go opensource with the IR remote. idiots just wont let us remotely control other ir devices which arent in the quick remote apk !

ManOnTheMoon

May 7, 2011
The UI for lg g3 seemed to me that the colors and how things are "flatter" were very similar to L. Maybe LG got the memo from Google regarding L. I honestly think that the updates are going to come sooner than they would now. Oems will get a 6 month headstart now.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

joedajoester

Aug 11, 2012
Once someone ports it to the g2, it can work across all the other variants. I'm guessing cm is going to do the porting first, but once they finish KitKat. When KitKat came out they waited till they finished jellybean before starting KitKat, I assume they're going to do the same here. The developer preview shouldn't be that different than the final release, so porting it now should be a head start.

Status
Not open for further replies.