[Out Dated] Open Touch v3.0 | WM 6.1 | T-Mobile Wing!

Search This thread

Mik0

Jan 3, 2008
After you slide out your keyboard, wait a few moment before you slide it back...
This happens to me at times when I slide out and back in too quickly.

It does solve the problem in terms of centering back the home screen, but creates a new one: when sliding the keyboard back in, the home screen readjusts vertically but a *scroll bar* temporarily appears, and when it disappears it leaves a cut-off that is clearly seen cutting off ~2mm of the screen (hence 1/2 of the "M" in AM is cut off when looking at the clock).

*Note*: This problem seems only to be occuring if you are sliding the keyboard back in when in the TODAY screen.
Solution: Slide the keyboard back in when NOT in the today screen. Example: You're viewing the calendar with the keyboard out (horizontal view) - you slide it back in, exit out of the calendar and the screen refreshes back to normal view.

Last edited:

taspankya

Nov 28, 2007
i am pretty sure this has been asked, but i cant figure out how to just search this thread, it searches the whole site. the issue with not being able to receive mms, has it been solved? i need the fix if so. thanks

joking

Oct 9, 2007
When it happen to me, I touch the app launcher or fav people or profile. Then go back to the home screen and home screen will go back to center.

thewingzman

Sep 7, 2007
nyc
mms

yea i got the mms to work, i just dled the 2 cab files on page 68 i think.. or it might be 65? i know its in the 60's. and i also did the reg edit to up the mms size limit from the standard 300k to 1200k. its seems be working, although i do notice when recieving mms's they take along time to go through. example.. some 1 sends me an mms at 1pm; i get it at about 2pm. ive even had an intance where i sent a mms at like 3pm and it went through at like 4am in the morn..

as for the home screen getting cut off, i also notice that, but i just put the screen in sleep, and bak and it re-adjusts. what i also did was dl the cab file to make the soft key text on the lower part of the screen disappear so that there is more screen.

here is the zip file. just dl it, upzip and than copy the exe file to ur ppc. if u put it on ur device or storage.. u will have to activate it every time u soft reset.. but if u put it in the device/windows/startup it will do it automatically..

p.s for the above post about the touchflo button, its in the device/windows/biotouch.exe

i used the soft key app in

start/setting/personal/soft key app and i changed the right soft key to (Bio touch.exe)
so when u press the right soft key, the cube comes up.

Attachments

• dciNoBar.zip
    1,020 bytes · Views: 3
Last edited:

raduque

Slide your keyboard out and the screen switches to a horizontal view. Now slide the keyboard back in, and when it switches to the vertical view the home screen shifts by about 10% to the right and stuff has been cut off. Anyone find a simple solution to this or the cause of it?

I'm not seeing this problem. I slid the keyboard out and then back in so fast the screen was still switching to landscape mode, and it was fine when it switched back to portrait.

I can send them fine. I have gotten my girl to send several to me. None of them ever seem to come in. Its fine from all the 6.0 roms.

I just sent myself an MMS from my Verizon phone and it came through fairly quick. Only problem was the picture didn't seem to be there.

Shroud

Sep 15, 2007
Again, this may have been answered before but no way to search just this thread:

I seem to have turned off the main theme, so now my music player is back to default and the start menu looks like the old one. Is there a way to reset the theme so that I can get the new start menu back as well as the skin for the windows media player?

kreep22

Sep 17, 2007
Junction City
yea i got the mms to work, i just dled the 2 cab files on page 68 i think.. or it might be 65? i know its in the 60's. and i also did the reg edit to up the mms size limit from the standard 300k to 1200k. its seems be working, although i do notice when recieving mms's they take along time to go through. example.. some 1 sends me an mms at 1pm; i get it at about 2pm. ive even had an intance where i sent a mms at like 3pm and it went through at like 4am in the morn..

how did u get the size limit to 1200k? i tried doing the reg hack but i dont see

MMS Options --> Servers --> T-mobile MMS

is there another way to go about this?

fzzyrn

Aug 19, 2007
Houston
i'm using 3.0 biggy with a 12mb pagepool. It actually works pretty quickly. There is definitely less memory, and it is certainly snappier. On a soft reset, there is more or less 21mb free RAM. It takes about .75 seconds to switch orientation to landscape, and .75 seconds back. I did install a couple programs, and i've replaced quickmenu with wktask. quickmenu DID seem to use less memory than wktask, but i prefer wktask (If anybody has information about the relative memory requirements of the two, i guess it would make sense) Anyway, my herald is set to 143-273 mhz with 287mhz boost.

kreep22

Sep 17, 2007
Junction City
hey, how's everyone doing? well i have the lite version of thsi rom and i tried to change the page pool on it and when i hit soft reset it wont get past the Open Touch load up page. any suggestions please help someone

fzzyrn

Aug 19, 2007
Houston
I changed my pagepool before flashing using an app that is located on the teaserpage for cleanrom. it automatically detects the offset and everything, and you only have to flash it.

porto777

Dec 1, 2007
Germany
that page doesn't help me in anyway. i tried a soft reset and a hard reset and it just wont get pass the page that says Open Touch. I can still get to bootloader too so i'm guessing its not completely dead

sorry... i think i get something wrong!

back to your problem...

I think the only way is to flash again! (but i´m not sure...maybe some experienced user could help)

SimonNWalker

Sep 1, 2007
Lancaster, SC
www.TheSavvyTechs.com
Voice Control Missing

Firstly, let me say that this is an awesome ROM. Very stable and fast. Only app I have problems with is the HTC Album that keep hanging up when I am viewing photos.
I used the Voice Control all the time in my original T-Mobile ROM. I travel a lot in my car and I loved the hands free Bluetooth dialing and voice anouncements of new messages.
Is there any chance of getting this back into the ROM? or can I download this feature and add it myself? I've searched but cannot find a download.
I heard that the voice control in 6.1 is supposed to be much better than 6.0 even though I had no problems with the 6.0 version.

fzzyrn

Aug 19, 2007
Houston
how did you flash the rom? did you use USPL or Hard-SPL?
If you used USPL, then i would try going back to tmobile's RUU (i'm assuming you have a wing) then flashing this one again.

If you Hard-SPL'ed your phone, the flash should have worked.

hbyang

Sep 11, 2007
proxy setting diasappearing

Is anyone having issues with the proxy settings disappearing after syncing up with a PC? Everytime I connect to a pc to transfer something my proxy gets erased. After flasing the bios, I've ran the network wizard and added the HTC proxy weather. everything works fine except when I connect to a pc, then the proxy gets erased. Anyone else having this issue?