Titan Down! and back up again

Search This thread

AndyFZ1S

Apr 15, 2010
London
Ok so my Titan decided to die today, No warning whatsoever, The screen would not light up and the battery drained rapidly heating up the rear casing to a dangerous level, Not a happy puppy, Due for collection on Weds to be repaired at HTC Huntington, The thing is I do not have proof of purchase as it was bought on ebay and the IMEI codes on the device and box do not match, HTC phoned just now querying the IMEI that I gave saying it was not a valid one for the Titan, Am beginning to wonder if they will now say it is beyond repair or that I will have to foot the repair bill due to no proof of purchase etc, Oh well back to my trusty HD2 for now, So long Titan, It's been emotional........:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Finalforce1111

Jan 11, 2009
Not far away
If you want a new phone you should go to a operator, you pay 20 € more but then you have even a warranty for this :).

If my Titan gets stolen within 1 year, I get a new one for free ^^

I am sorry for you and your old titan I pray that it will be fun in the mobile heaven and that it
rings very happily with the other phones there.
It is in a better place now.

Reactions: AndyFZ1S

AndyFZ1S

Apr 15, 2010
London
Thanks, Yes normally I would go for an upgrade through O2 but am not due until march next year, Not so good having a 24 month contract, The contract phone I did have was a HD7 which I sold to a family member, But I did hate it as it was pre Mango, Hopefully I will get either this one repaired or no doubt buy another but this time make sure its brand new, In the words of Arnie "I'll be back"

markthomson1404

Oct 5, 2008
Edinburgh
Just a question ?

If you got this off ebay did you contact the seller about imei number issue ''IMEI that I gave saying it was not a valid one'' if there is something wrong then you can try for a paypal resolution if the seller cant give you a good reason for this wrong imei number. Worth thinking about ?
Mark

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyFZ1S

AndyFZ1S

Apr 15, 2010
London
Thanks, I did find out from the seller that the phone had already been a replacement for his original Titan, Makes me wonder if it was a repaired/returned handset,Was meant to be the replacement I received, Its too late now to go for pay pal claim as I bought it early Jan and that normally takes a while to get refund etc, It is currently at HTC repair centre and hopefully being sorted, I haven't heard anymore from them and fingers crossed all will be fine, Using a HD7 currently and the screen seems so small lol :D

AndyFZ1S

Apr 15, 2010
London
Got my Titan back today, Not bad going seeing as it was picked up last Wednesday 29th, Looking at the repair sheet they basically replaced : FRU-SUB ASSY,SONY,Black,LCM+Touch Window, Generic,L Sponge,P-Sensor,Poron,ETY PCBA-MAIN BOARD with SKU_ID,band 1,5,8,Regional_ID.......? lol and I now have a new IMEI number , In other words they replaced the lot, Happy that I now have it back, Lets hope this one stands the test of time, Thanks for comments and advice.

enyaj

Jun 26, 2006
General Trias
HTC Leo
HTC One (m7)
Mine is currently in Hong Kong because of the update issue. And I'm from the Philippines. Shipping costed a lot. OS just won't update and getting different errors. It was basically brand new. In fairness htc customer service is very good. Someone from Hong Kong called me yesterday and asked what the issue was. Also htc Philippines keeps on calling me for updates:) Hope they get it fixed or just give me a new one.

Edit: My phone is still stuck in HK. They won't send it back unless I send them the shipping cost. It's in freakin' HKD. How the hell am I going to send them the money? I mean I have the money, just don't know how. Why the hell couldn't they just send the damn phone to any of their retail stores here in the philippines and I'll give them the money. I'm so tired of going back and forth with them I might just give up. They can have the ****in' phone and I'll just start a hate campaign against them. Ironic since I have been a supproter ever since and I have actually convinced a lot in my office to use HTC phones. Really pissed off! Is there someone like Steve Jobs in HTC? Heard he did things for Apple customers out of the ordinary. No wonder they have such loyal fans.

Last edited:

AndyFZ1S

Apr 15, 2010
London
Must admit on both occasions I have had to send HD2 and Titan back I have been very pleased with the repair service and comms and how quickly they dealt with the problems, No doubt thats not the case for everyone, I guess I have been lucky, best of luck and hope you soon get your Titan sorted soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you want a new phone you should go to a operator, you pay 20 € more but then you have even a warranty for this :).

If my Titan gets stolen within 1 year, I get a new one for free ^^

I am sorry for you and your old titan I pray that it will be fun in the mobile heaven and that it
    rings very happily with the other phones there.
    It is in a better place now.
    Just a question ?

If you got this off ebay did you contact the seller about imei number issue ''IMEI that I gave saying it was not a valid one'' if there is something wrong then you can try for a paypal resolution if the seller cant give you a good reason for this wrong imei number. Worth thinking about ?
    Mark
    Good stuff

Happy for you :D