How to Free Up Space on Your T599n MetroPCS Galaxy Exhibit 4G by Deleting Thumbnails

Search This thread

adamryanx

Dec 27, 2012
This brief tutorial is for the MetroPCS Galaxy Exhibit 4G T599n and fixes the horrible .thumbnail issue Picasa Web Albums causes, where thumbnails are autogenerated and quickly grow to over 1GB in size. Since we just don't have that space (especially since we can't really push apps to extSD), I figured I'd make a little tutorial and show what I did to reclaim my phone's space. This is confirmed working on the MetroPCS Galaxy Exhibit 4G T599n. Feel free to let me know if it works on other devices as well. I'm sure it will but I've only tested it on the T599n.

Step 1: Open your gallery:

E2N7Ile.png

If you cannot open your gallery due to a limited space error, then temporarily uninstall large apps until you can reclaim that space.

Step 2: Open gallery settings by pressing the left capacitive button on your phone and select Settings:

FYt85Al.png

Step 3: Select any/all email account(s) associated with Picasa Web Albums which you'd like to remove:

o3F4DOr.png

Removing these albums does not delete your pictures, it only unsyncs the album from your phone. You want to do this because it's the Picasa Web Albums which are generating the massive thumbnail files.

Step 4: Uncheck Picasa Web Albums:

NruQPts.png

Step 5: Go to your home screen and open Settings:

H6LRre4.png

Step 6: Select Application Manager:

y0NoueC.png

Step 7: Clear data:

SPFTuCD.png

Step 8 [optional] : Use your preferred file manager app to confirm you've freed up internal SD card space:

kdezq0F.png

Remember to reinstall any apps you may have temporarily uninstalled in Step 1!

I hope this helps!

- adamryan

Proud2banoob

Jul 12, 2013
Durham
Google Pixel 6a
If this is the wrong forum, would you be so kind as to point out which is the correct forum?
This is what I was asking for in the first place. Thanks.

Afaik, there is no forum for the t-599. The correct place for orphan devices is the android miscellaneous q&a forum, I would guess. That's where we put our stuff for the Galaxy Light.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Android Q&A, help and troubleshooting, I mean

CiscoKydd

Nov 5, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Afaik, there is no forum for the t-599. The correct place for orphan devices is the android miscellaneous q&a forum, I would guess. That's where we put our stuff for the Galaxy Light.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Android Q&A, help and troubleshooting, I mean

Thanks. I will start there.

NomadSpin

Sep 15, 2012
t599 does not have its own forum (yet) it is has borrowed some space from sg3 mini general forum (specs are almost identical) Look for t599 in the title

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good tips but wrong forum. This is the t679 forum

Sent from my SGH-T399 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Good tips but wrong forum. This is the t679 forum

Sent from my SGH-T399 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I think the original intent was, "it works on my phone. Maybe it will work on yours.". They're good tips which may help some T679 users... At least, that's how I read it. :)

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app