Need a case that will protect my screen from drops (raised edge?)

Search This thread

ANDROIDRAZRM

Jun 5, 2013
I was using one of the $.99 eBay cases and dropped my phone a couple of weeks ago face down and of course the screen shattered. I just got it repaired and don't want this to happen again. Are there any cases that people can recommend that would protect the screen if I were to drop it facedown again?

Something with a raised lip?

zolo185

Feb 9, 2013
Miami
I was using one of the $.99 eBay cases and dropped my phone a couple of weeks ago face down and of course the screen shattered. I just got it repaired and don't want this to happen again. Are there any cases that people can recommend that would protect the screen if I were to drop it facedown again?

Something with a raised lip?

Any of the Spigen cases. I currently have on the the hybrid but I love the slim armor and the fitted one

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

MarlX

Jun 15, 2011
www.myarcade.ws
i know this kinda ot but do you guys have screen protector when using cases? i have my spigen just now and the edge of my screen protector goes bad when i grip hard the phone. i have the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD.

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011
i know this kinda ot but do you guys have screen protector when using cases? i have my spigen just now and the edge of my screen protector goes bad when i grip hard the phone. i have the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD.

I honestly don't know how anybody can stand using the zagg, feels like you're running your finger across rubber to me. I have a spigen glaS TR, works great with the slim armor case. The others that would maybe work for you would be the trident aegis and the seidio active.

MarlX

Jun 15, 2011
www.myarcade.ws
I honestly don't know how anybody can stand using the zagg, feels like you're running your finger across rubber to me. I have a spigen glaS TR, works great with the slim armor case. The others that would maybe work for you would be the trident aegis and the seidio active.

yeah, i love how it feels. lol. been using it also on my old device.

for the op, i been using the ultra-hybrid btw. really nice and not bulky feel.

muriani

Nov 3, 2009
I swear by my Diztronic TPU cases, been using them since I shattered my One S screen.
One of the main reasons is the amount of edge lip around the screen to protect it.

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
Having a lip on the case doesn't really stop the glass from shattering in any way. It's more to protect from scratching the screen when placed face down.

For drop protection, you need a cushion or buffer zone where some of the impact can be absorbed by the case and not the phone itself.

daLareid

Nov 28, 2012
I hope going back to the Spigen case will save me now, same thing happened to me when I changed to a cover case which conveniently when I dropped my phone the cover opened up leaving my phone unprotected to fall on it's own screen and completely shattering, guess I should have stuck with the Spigen ultra hybrid.