Lumia 900 Headphone Compatability

Search This thread

kkrull

Mar 3, 2006
Nope

Ordered it. We'll give it a shot and see. I have a pair of Klipsch Image One over the ear that I love. I hope I get mic back with this. Awesome (pipe dream) if volume worked.

Sorry, These didn't work for me at all. I ordered two pair on some wishful thinking, so let me know if you try them. If they work I will open the other one. Otherwise they may both go back.

May 7, 2012
Hi, I just got a pair of Beats headphones with a mic. I had to get these as my airline miles were expiring and I thought having a nice pair of headphones would be good.
However, I just tried them and noticed that the inline mic and other controls won't work. Apparently I read a few discussions and these headphones might not be compatible with the Lumia 900.. I hope Nokia can fix this with a software update or atleast release an adapter to work with these situations.. This is not good.

intwischa

May 11, 2012
Saddle Brook
I have a pair of V-Moda Crossfade LP2's the volume does not work on the remote but I am able to stop, play and skip songs.(though there is a delay on the skip song so instead of double clicking I need to click wait 1-2sec and click again to skip songs). It has a replicable wire so I am trying to see if I can get the "Cable with call control for Windows Mobile (AHJ)" from the Nokia Purity HD as listed in the box contents and plug it into my Crossfades.

Has anyone with Purity HD tried the wire with a different headphone yet?

kkrull

Mar 3, 2006
Reloop RHP-5

So it turns out that the Reloop RHP-5 (http://www.reloop.com/reloop-rhp-6) call answer button and microphone work fine with the windows phone.

Does anyone else have another Reloop model? I would prefer the more expensive Reloop models but I prefer a more subdued color scheme than even the black and dark gray RHP-5.

There are other headphones that have minimal functionality. Astro gaming headphones mic works on some Windows phones for example. Anyone know of any other wired headphones that work well?

Volume is manual on those Reloop headphones and there are no forward and back buttons. The microphone "pod" is pretty big but the quality seems really good.

Last edited:
Reactions: ramseyjack

kkrull

Mar 3, 2006
I Added A Spreadsheet...

...to the original post. Thanks to everyone for thier comments. I will try to update this periodically.

hx4700 Killer

Oct 19, 2007
Texas
I havent read the whole thread but the BOSE QC15 headset cable DOES NOT work with the Lumia 900 for phone calls. The MIC does not work.

jhoff80

Apr 8, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Would you elaborate about what works on the headsets? Microphones? More?

The stereo headphones, the microphone, and the button all work on all three headsets I have around to try.

That includes holding the button to launch Tellme, a double tap of the button for skipping forward a track, and pressing the button to pause the track. Unfortunately though, I can't resume the track from the headset, because when the device is asleep, buttons just aren't working consistently for me (I can't use the camera button to wake the phone from sleep either).

Like I said, most of the issues I'm having seem to be involving doing stuff with the screen off, like plugging the headset in with it off.

dfkd

Jan 30, 2009
Odd as my MIE2 headphone work. Most of the time.

Sometimes they won't and I'll have to "reseat" (pull out and back in) the headphone jack then it will work fine.

Both the mic and the button works.

Bora777

Jul 12, 2010
Singapore
Don't think anyone would actually want a pair, but the stock Samsung in-ears that came with my Galaxy Tab work perfectly with my Lumia. Mic, pause and skip (they don't have volume buttons). I used them until I bought the Purity.

makark

Jun 13, 2012
How much are the purity headphones ?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Loiselle

Feb 6, 2011
Detroit, USA
www.twitter.com
Reviving this thread... my Samsung Focus headphones worked flawlessly until the most recent 3 updates that added improvements to the device. I had to take my phone in to be replaced because of nagging power issues and an unresponsive screen at times. Once I got the new(er) device, the headset worked again, like it should. All buttons working, track forward and back, pause, hold for action, volume up and down, so on and so on. Then, once I got home, and updated the phone, the headset is no longer working as it should. I can hear voice coming in, but no one can hear me. Controls not working, so on and so on again. So this leads me to think it's 100% firmware related.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reloop RHP-5

So it turns out that the Reloop RHP-5 (http://www.reloop.com/reloop-rhp-6) call answer button and microphone work fine with the windows phone.

Does anyone else have another Reloop model? I would prefer the more expensive Reloop models but I prefer a more subdued color scheme than even the black and dark gray RHP-5.

There are other headphones that have minimal functionality. Astro gaming headphones mic works on some Windows phones for example. Anyone know of any other wired headphones that work well?

Volume is manual on those Reloop headphones and there are no forward and back buttons. The microphone "pod" is pretty big but the quality seems really good.