SMS Pop-UP

Search This thread

drdingo21

Jun 23, 2006
Is there anything that allows for an sms popup?

There is something in the market called sms pop-up but if you get a message while typing it will erase everything you have just typed.

I don't want to download Handcent or Chomp, but I'm currently using

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27019338&postcount=4

for the emoji icons. I'm hoping there is something that integrates with it.

drdingo21

Jun 23, 2006
You answered your own question handcent, chomp, or go sms.

They are the best option.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

No - I said I what I don't want to use.

The app that I link is perfect because it has everything built into except the SMS popup.

With handcent or chomps I get constant SMS send errors.

drdingo21

Jun 23, 2006
I use SMS Popup, and I haven't had any problems. Did you try contacting the developers?

It works like a champ. My issues was I got a text after typing a few lines and it cleared all my text and opened a new pop up.

I was hoping there was some hack or mod that I could do that maybe I hadn't heard of. :(

linuxidiot

May 1, 2007
I like SMS Popup, it does everything I wanted, replying from the message notification, but if I closed a message as read. It would re-popup as a new message when I got another message or a popup would occur that showed "unknown sender" but be blank.

I switched back to ChompSMS, but I am now having an issue where my mom for some reason keeps receiving replies that I already sent to her previously. And no I have not yet contacted developers. I am new enough to android to think that I may be doing something wrong as it is only occurring that I know of with my mom.

joelszs

Dec 15, 2007
New Jersey
Trying out go sms pro right now. Is there a way to enable lock screen pop up notifications? Currently, if I use sms pop up or go sms, the screen lights up when I receive a text burn doesn't show up on my lock screen.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

drdingo21

Jun 23, 2006
Agreed. If you getting send errors its something you did. Have been using go SMS pro for about 2 years and many phones.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Yes because selecting a contact in then trying to text them only to get an error is something I did.

SMS pro doesn't show on the lock screen (as pointed out above). Although, I don't think I had any sending issues with it.

kleeman7

Nov 4, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S20
Under setting then notifications.

uploadfromtaptalk1339477814879.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

drdingo21

Jun 23, 2006
Thanks but while this turns the screen on, I no longer see texts come up on the lock screen...would this work hand in hand with pop up sms?

It would work. But you would have to disable the pop up from GO sms.

I have issues with SMS Pop - like it doesn't mark texts read or I get random popus from "Unkown" etc..