Thinking about switching from VZW to T-mobile

Search This thread

kidnice15

Oct 29, 2011
Jersey City
As the title says. My brother and I are thinking about making the switch from Verizon to tmobile. Right now we are paying about 190 for 2 phones. We both have unlimited data, unlimited text messages and I think 450 minutes each. Our contract is up in October and he doesn't want to stay in verizon. I just wanted to know if anyone else has made the switch from Verizon to tmobile. I live in the new york city area so I am sure I am in a 4g area or whatever it's called for tmobile. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Sent from my Sch-1535 using xda app-developers app

kidnice15

Oct 29, 2011
Jersey City
The pricess are just getting crazy with verizon. Even though I do love verizon unlimited data

chrisram88

Oct 28, 2009
san dimas (Los Angeles)
The pricess are just getting crazy with verizon. Even though I do love verizon unlimited data

Tmobile just released an unlimited data plan for 30 a month. No tether tho. I jumped ship along time ago so I wouldn't be able to comment how it is now but I know one thing, You will be saving a lot more money

Sent from my SGH-T999

Chicago281

Jun 27, 2012
Don't do it. The LTE is worth it alone. I've honestly never had a problem with the speeds on the HSPA+ even though the latency is much higher than LTE. But I can say that the network reliability is nothing near what Verizon has.

It seems people are always having data issues with T-Mobile especially bad connections and 1000+ms pings.

Eh I'm disappointed right now and may be thinking of switching to Sprint.

Bigjim1488

Feb 19, 2008
New York
Don't do it. The LTE is worth it alone. I've honestly never had a problem with the speeds on the HSPA+ even though the latency is much higher than LTE. But I can say that the network reliability is nothing near what Verizon has.

It seems people are always having data issues with T-Mobile especially bad connections and 1000+ms pings.

Eh I'm disappointed right now and may be thinking of switching to Sprint.

Lol switching to sprint will be a terrible mistake on you're end. As for VZW the issue with them is if you're on unlimited you don't get upgrades anymore. If you want upgrade pricing you need to go on a tiered plan.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
Lol switching to sprint will be a terrible mistake on you're end. As for VZW the issue with them is if you're on unlimited you don't get upgrades anymore. If you want upgrade pricing you need to go on a tiered plan.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Unlimited data is worth buying the phone outright on Verizon.

Sent from my SGH-T999

jgalan14

Jul 8, 2010
Las Vegas
No lie Verizon has great service but 190 ain't worth it for me man, I would defenetely at least try tmobile and see if it works good for you, in my experience is Verizon, Att, tmobile........ >>>>>>>>>>> Sprint :/ had sprint love the evo lte but useless on their network

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

rhonal89

Feb 1, 2009
Plant City
Had sprint. I cry to T-Mobile to cancel my contract for me. But at the end sprint kicked me out for roaming too much. Now am in T-Mobile loving the fast speed not the sprint 100 kbps.

benefit14snake

Dec 23, 2011
Henrico, VA
Hahaha.....

Funny thing is I was probably the biggest blind Verizon fanboy out there. I was scared to switch because of coverage... Latency... Throughout... Dropped calls... Blah blah blah.

Made the switch and couldn't be happier (yes I had unlimited also)

Yes the latency can be higher, but unless your playing a first person shooter I haven't been able to tell the difference.

There is just this sense of freedom you get when you switch, like you are out of the controlling grip of Verizon... Hard to explain but it feels better..

I would at least try Tmobile

Sent from my T999 GS3 @ 2GHZ

kidnice15

Oct 29, 2011
Jersey City
Unlimited data is worth buying the phone outright on Verizon.

Sent from my SGH-T999

That is exactly what I have been doing. I bought my s3 outright from craigslist.. sold my razr maxx.. bascially paid like 30 for my s3.. I am happy with the s3.. so I didn't mind doing that. especially when the announced the iphone5.. lol made me even more happy that I got the s3..

jellydroid13

Oct 15, 2011
Hahaha.....

Funny thing is I was probably the biggest blind Verizon fanboy out there. I was scared to switch because of coverage... Latency... Throughout... Dropped calls... Blah blah blah.

Made the switch and couldn't be happier (yes I had unlimited also)

Yes the latency can be higher, but unless your playing a first person shooter I haven't been able to tell the difference.

There is just this sense of freedom you get when you switch, like you are out of the controlling grip of Verizon... Hard to explain but it feels better..

I would at least try Tmobile

Sent from my T999 GS3 @ 2GHZ

Totally no the feeling i just made the switch 2 months ago and I love being able to get whatever I want for a phone and only paying 30 a month prepaid.