Life after TG01: Android or Iphone?

Next device?

• Total voters
Search This thread

(InsertNameHere)

Jan 11, 2010
Galaxy Note is the one to go for i think, i have a taste of a 5" screen now using a Dell Streak, not that i can recommend that, but they are available cheap now.

(InsertNameHere)

Jan 11, 2010
How cheap...?

Whats the average price range to pick up a streak for?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I believe refurb units, which are basically like new are available on the bay for £199 or less.

So second hand surely £150 or even cheaper, nobody wants them and as i own one i can understand that, Dell support is poor, but at least if you have warranty you will get another refurb unit.

I am not gonna recommend the Dell Streak, i like it, but Dell support is quite bad. No official Gingerbread yet, and ICS is out, there is talk of official GB, but currently no such luck, there are cooks making Gingerbead roms, but a few bugs at the moment..

Last edited:

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
I believe refurb units, which are basically like new are available on the bay for £199 or less.

So second hand surely £150 or even cheaper, nobody wants them and as i own one i can understand that, Dell support is poor, but at least if you have warranty you will get another refurb unit.

I am not gonna recommend the Dell Streak, i like it, but Dell support is quite bad. No official Gingerbread yet, and ICS is out, there is talk of official GB, but currently no such luck, there are cooks making Gingerbead roms, but a few bugs at the moment..

Nice! Thanks for the info...

I was hoping it'd be a bit cheaper ;)
Considering you could have got a HP TouchPad for £89 !

It was 16gb, 1.2 dual core , 9.7 inches !

Also the hardware of the streak seems a bit dated.. oh well

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

(InsertNameHere)

Jan 11, 2010
Nice! Thanks for the info...

I was hoping it'd be a bit cheaper ;)
Considering you could have got a HP TouchPad for £89 !

It was 16gb, 1.2 dual core , 9.7 inches !

Also the hardware of the streak seems a bit dated.. oh well

HP Touchpads at those prices were impossible to obtain when i tried, but yes its dated, but it does have a 5" screen, i need that

(InsertNameHere)

Jan 11, 2010
Ah, ok ;)

I can see why your going for the 5" screens now ;)

So did you try the WP7 ROM?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

There is no way back if you try to flash that, and now i read a lot of bugs, will they ever get sorted? I think i will not be beta testing WP7 until flash method is straightforward, and someone has developed a way to flash back.

mirolg

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2009
yeah, there is a way to flash back, using the QDST method... thats what Nokser said!

... and you belive it- he not said how, or? :D maybe you have to make a backup bevore flash wp7, but how and, and ...what if you forget or make it wrong- who will realive your headset? .....

cheers, miro- i love my tg01 community and would like to help to clear the twilight from this good? WP7 ROM before we flash, try, flash, brick and ...

Last edited:

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
... and you belive it- he not said how, or? :D maybe you have to make a backup bevore flash wp7, but how and, and ...what if you forget or make it wrong- who will realive your headset? .....

cheers, miro- i love my tg01 community and would like to help to clear the twilight from this good? WP7 ROM before we flash, try, flash, brick and ...

I know :(

I saw what you said in the other thread, and I agree withyou.

Nokser didn't give us much info at all :(

What if it goes wrong?

(InsertNameHere)

Jan 11, 2010
Exactly, my TG is more useful alive with Mirom8 CFC than dead, i don't own a riff box... so dunno what i would do

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Exactly, my TG is more useful alive with Mirom8 CFC than dead, i don't own a riff box... so dunno what i would do

I've been PM'ing Nokser, and he said he's working on a solution... Looks like he already has actually!

He also said he will look into bug fixes, and probably even update it to mango ! :)

Reactions: nikola92

nikola92

Oct 25, 2010
Novi Sad
everybody are tallking bad things about him, but i belive he and quin have great knowlage, but mirro is riht Nokser have weird way to explain something most of his stuff i did on my way, but what is important is that i belive he will do it after all. oly sorry for your tg01... Mine works as swiss watch :D WP7 is great and i will buy HTC Titan one day for shure!

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
everybody are tallking bad things about him, but i belive he and quin have great knowlage, but mirro is riht Nokser have weird way to explain something most of his stuff i did on my way, but what is important is that i belive he will do it after all. oly sorry for your tg01... Mine works as swiss watch :D WP7 is great and i will buy HTC Titan one day for shure!

Haha, thanks :p
I'm sure jealous I will never get to taste WP7 ON the TG01 now :p
It looks awesome_

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android, i have samsung galaxsy s II and comparing to other phones GOD, there is no better phone. to be honest same price as iphone 4 and twice better, well you could wait for iphone 5G but the camera and screen are the best spots on sgs2.
    I've started this table to relate apps. The aim is to help me to find the "must" apps (from my point of view, of course) able to replace the ones that I use in my loved TG01

The first one is the Pocket Controller, is there any like it on Android and IOS??

The second one: BEst Epub reader? I use Freda

Thank you guys!

http://bit.ly/nVOJok

There is a similar app to Pocket Controller that is based on java, it is called Android Screencast

Also Droid Explorer can do a similar thing

As for a epub reader, there is Nook, Kindle and these
    Thanks, very interesting. Is a pity that Streak 5 is no longer available. It seems that 5" is too big for present market....

And what about apps? I mean, for instance, with program Android users prefer to watch videos or listen to the music?

Who said that 5" is big enough?? Have you seen the new Samsung Galaxy Note???

5,3" 1280x800 pixels 1,4 GHz...... I think that I fall in love....:p

Especificaciones-Samsung-Note.jpeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bfMmMrUwRnI#t=7s
    My MUST:

• Screen bigger than TG01
    • Full Host USB
    • TV HD out

Two target:

Samsung Note;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AKk9RZLmoBw

Samsung Nexus one

http://youtu.be/paDABBppckk

I've been PM'ing Nokser, and he said he's working on a solution... Looks like he already has actually!

He also said he will look into bug fixes, and probably even update it to mango ! :)