Who is going to leave Sprint after contract is up?

Search This thread

LexLuger82

May 25, 2011
For me it does not matter, I was getting dialup speeds in my area with sprint and paying about 100 for ****ty speeds no 4g service. So I rather pay 35 on boost and still get the ****ty speeds for way less $$$$, so in this case I am better off with boost.

It is still unlimited as in the price does not change just throttled at 2.5G.

This

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

jdelano

Sep 10, 2010
Buford, GA
I've been looking at Verizon these last few days, the price is the same per month and I can actually USE LTE :-o .... I've been paying for 4G since the release of the Epic without ever being able to use it.

dan_h1n474

Dec 17, 2012
Hmm...

Sounds like there is a lot of negativity on how people feel about Sprint. I for one have been on Boost and know people on ATnT, Verizon etc. They all freak out with truly unlimited data. I tether my connection to my PC. Saves me an extra utility cost, but the speeds are pathetic. Im only on 3G and 4G LTE has an ETA of one year to unknown in this area.

We will see how it goes. But you gotta admit, unlimited data is unbeatable.

LexLuger82

May 25, 2011
Sounds like there is a lot of negativity on how people feel about Sprint. I for one have been on Boost and know people on ATnT, Verizon etc. They all freak out with truly unlimited data. I tether my connection to my PC. Saves me an extra utility cost, but the speeds are pathetic. Im only on 3G and 4G LTE has an ETA of one year to unknown in this area.

We will see how it goes. But you gotta admit, unlimited data is unbeatable.

Yea unlimited crap 3g with a promise of 4g lte is great

bonebeatz1234

Feb 5, 2010
rockford,il
If your stuck with 3g for atleast a year , go to T-Mobile there also unlimited also hspa is fast enough especially compared to sprint 3g. There is no way I could go another year with sprint 3g thank god we have 4g in Illinois because I was on the verge of leaving also. Lte is fast it's great but a year wait noway. People say aww 3g not that bad it is unusable can't stream nothing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium App

LexLuger82

May 25, 2011
If your stuck with 3g for atleast a year , go to T-Mobile there also unlimited also hspa is fast enough especially compared to sprint 3g. There is no way I could go another year with sprint 3g thank god we have 4g in Illinois because I was on the verge of leaving also. Lte is fast it's great but a year wait noway. People say aww 3g not that bad it is unusable can't stream nothing.

Cool that what ill do

Tunnelmath

Dec 29, 2012
Just because you can get away with it doesn't mean it's OK. You're a thief.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

How do you know he doesn't pay for the tethering service?
Even f he does not, I personally see no problem with it considering the outrageous charges cell phone companies make us pay. I am one of those paying for 4g for 3 years now and have never once been able to use it where I live.

LexLuger82

May 25, 2011
Even f he does not, I personally see no problem with it considering the outrageous charges cell phone companies make us pay. I am one of those paying for 4g for 3 years now and have never once been able to use it where I live.

You have a point

srandroid

Nov 17, 2012
Ankeny
I heard sprint bought out us cellular? If that is true does that mean that our speeds and signal strength are going to increase or will us cellulars towers not be used for sprint?

Speedin07si

Nov 15, 2011
Colonial Heights,VA

One flaw- you haven't been paying for 4G you've been paying for unlimited Premium Data which can be 3G or 4G.

When it was first implemented yes it was for 4G and only on 4G devices. But there was such much backlash for the very reason you stated, Sprint re-labeled the fee and charged it to every smart phone even the 3G only phones such as the iPhone 4s.

Sent from Pluto.
qe9usehe.jpg

bonebeatz1234

Feb 5, 2010
rockford,il
At the end of the day,if we are paying for data it should work period sprint 3g don't. If you can't do the simple things with 3g like emails without waiting five Minutes to send if your lucky Is ridiculous. I had T-Mobile last year and 3g there is on par with sprint wimax speeds. We have 4g strong in Rockford illinois but the 3g speeds are still horrible so idk what sprint mean by making the 3g speeds faster if you say 0.3 mbps to 0.5 mbps is faster then I think there right . My mom said it feels like she own a wifi only phone because 3g that slow with her gs2. I love sprint now with lte but 3g needs help bad embarrassing. I see why it is unlimited, I couldn't break 2gigs of data a month if I tried . I'm a10 gig guy, sprint 3g made me a 540mb guy a month . Before lte was turned on that is

Reactions: srandroid

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
At the end of the day,if we are paying for data it should work period sprint 3g don't. If you can't do the simple things with 3g like emails without waiting five Minutes to send if your lucky Is ridiculous. I had T-Mobile last year and 3g there is on par with sprint wimax speeds. We have 4g strong in Rockford illinois but the 3g speeds are still horrible so idk what sprint mean by making the 3g speeds faster if you say 0.3 mbps to 0.5 mbps is faster then I think there right . My mom said it feels like she own a wifi only phone because 3g that slow with her gs2. I love sprint now with lte but 3g needs help bad embarrassing. I see why it is unlimited, I couldn't break 2gigs of data a month if I tried . I'm a10 gig guy, sprint 3g made me a 540mb guy a month . Before lte was turned on that is

Sucks for you I dont have 4g at all and I get 2.6mbps down and 1.2up on 3g and use an avg of 250gbs a month between the 5 lines on my account. I use 80gb+ by myself. Im sure once lte rolls out here in the next month or so my usage will double or triple.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

srandroid

Nov 17, 2012
Ankeny
How do you use that much data, seriously you must watch a lot of YouTube videos or some other type of videos :D

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
How do you use that much data, seriously you must watch a lot of YouTube videos or some other type of videos :D

Work, downloading roms, watching FPSRussia on youtube, games. Downloading apps. I have an unlimited tethering plan thru my work and use it to download files I need for claims which are anywhere between 10 and 100mb each and I get up to 15 a day. Roms lately have eaten up alot more since s3 and note 2 roms are pushing 1gb at 800-950mb each

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

dirtyred1971

Dec 28, 2012
First off the tethering feature is built into the phone. Cell carriers lock the feature to make you pay more on your service. Think of it like this. I'm going to sell you this refrigerator but you have to pay me to put your food in it. My phone is rooted guess I'm a thief. I bought my phone straight out. Phone should be unlocked if you pay full price.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

LexLuger82

May 25, 2011
First off the tethering feature is built into the phone. Cell carriers lock the feature to make you pay more on your service. Think of it like this. I'm going to sell you this refrigerator but you have to pay me to put your food in it. My phone is rooted guess I'm a thief. I bought my phone straight out. Phone should be unlocked if you pay full price.

Basically

haynesr07

Dec 30, 2012
I am coming from US Cellular which I had the Electrify, and just because the phones are garbage I'm 100% happy with Sprint. I heard a lot of people dogging 3G speeds. They are about the same as US C. No big diffs. I am a huge fan of Sprint so far. I also get a decent discount through my job, so there's that lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Never. The service is serviceable but the unlimited data for the price is unbeatable.

Sprint's network is still going to be ****. Even LTE areas are not that great speed wise. Sprint's thing is always promise, promise, promise and then under deliver. I'll be moving to T-Mobile on Friday. So long ****ty network that is still mostly horrible 3G at damn near 56k speeds. I've already seen the LTE network turn to **** within months going from 20mbps+ to 3-5 consistently. They just don't have the infrastructure to support a healthy network for data. Now with T-Mobile's lower prices there is no reason to go to Sprint unless you just don't get T-Mobile coverage.

Just out of curiosity.. what promises did Sprint make? Find me an official press release or anything of that sort in reference to a promise made.

For the record, everyone seems to forget that Sprint isn't just adding LTE like AT&T/VZW did. It's an ENTIRE network rebuild. Do some of you think that these things happen overnight and are financed by magical dollars?
    I've decided to leave Sprint. After years of seeing crap like this "Sprint reports quarterly net loss of $643 million, sees iPhone sales drop by a third", I have realized that I can't deal with it any longer. T-Mobile will be my next carrier and I will be getting the S4 (32gb) on it.
    Well every area is different. In the Dallas area Sprint is a joke as far as data speeds. Slowest 3G and slowest LTE now in the few areas that have it. I don't know anyone that is on Sprint and that are actually happy with it.

You do now, in very happy with sprint, i pay a tiny bill for 3 lines (less than 80) and get speeds fast enough to tether the ps3 for Netflix and games and anything else i want, can't complain at all

“It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power."” ― David Brin
    The line about Sprint doesn't get latest phones is untrue. They also actually lead in US carriers in getting updates out their phones quicker than most others. Again they are doing a complete Nationwide revamp of their network and adding new LTE. This doesn't occur overnight and takes several years to finalize. I can say that the new network upgrades are amazing and I love them. I have been on their network Vision for almost a year and it's great. But it's understandable that there are pockets an areas that the upgrades will take longer and some areas which may never get good coverage from Sprint as there are areas that other carriers have bad coverage in as well. There's a lot of politics involved in where towers get put up and in who gets to put them up. As a smart consumer you need to know which providers will have the better coverage in the area you live. But to generalize as a whole is just not correct.

Sent from the future via Tapatalk 4