OG Incredible Battery Mod

Search This thread

TheAtheistReverend

Mar 29, 2010
Minneapolis
The only thing I back up before a new mod is my text messages. I have good base NANDs for all my favorite roms and all they really require is some shuffling to get it where I want it (plus those text messages).
:D

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium

phillibl

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 15, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F3
I've been using this mod for a few days, but I haven't really noticed a difference compared to a nonmodded AOKP m5 w/aeroevan's kernal

TheAtheistReverend

Mar 29, 2010
Minneapolis
I have seen a little improvement with this. Nothing drastic, but I already get pretty stellar battery life and it looks like this gave me a little extra frosting.
15hrs and at a solid 40% when I would usually be at 20-30%.

I'll be paying close attention over the next week or two to see if this zip is worth keeping on my SD or if that was a fluke.

phillibl

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 15, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F3
Keeping my phone mostly with wifi and 3g off I got around 30 hrs. Then I did some web browsing/game playing and my battery shot down. Seems like this mod does actually work though

TheAtheistReverend

Mar 29, 2010
Minneapolis
Yeah, i was streaming Pandora, checking and writing email, web surfin', forum browsing, checkin' TheCive, all on 3g. The only time I was on wifi was the last 4 hours or so and I wasn't really doing anything anyway.

bracketslash

Oct 1, 2011
Columbus, Ohio
I'm interested to see whether or not this actually improves battery life. Signal changes throughout the day, so the only way to really test it would be to keep your phone in one spot and perform the same tasks at the same times with everything on. If anyone wants to test it out to prove its effectiveness, I think everyone would appreciate it!

TheAtheistReverend

Mar 29, 2010
Minneapolis
I unfortunately doubt anyone can or will do exactly that, the short period of time I reported on myself was spent as an "average day" for myself. I think the only way we'll find "results" is through continued use and comparison to use levels individuals are experienced with watching the battery life with. I track my battery use fairly closely by which I also mean I pay attention to how much I use and what I use on an average day. Though my firs round of testing went well, I have only certain days I can "test" because of my schedule meaning those days are very regular in my coverage (wifi, 3g, cell signal) and use habits.
I urge others to be careful when they report their findings too. It is easy to be fooled by not paying close attention to what you are using and how it will affect your battery life. I've seen some really outlandish claims in both directions for battery improvements and all they do is muddy the water for those trying to get good info.
I'm not sure if it was this mod or the agps mod that broke some tweaks on my phone (investigating now), but I hope to be able to continue studying this mod.

prototype7

Apr 16, 2012
New Hampshire
Wish I could get this to work, getting a short write error when I do sysctl -p no matter what I try. Running AOKP with aeroevan's v9 kernel.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Top Liked Posts