"SDHC card patch WM5 and WM6" working

Search This thread

lepsyfou

SDHC card patch (Freeware)
Requirements: Windows Mobile 6 PocketPC tested with other WindowsMobile version
Overview: Patch for PPC running WM6 for reading 2,4,6,8 GB SDC cards. This patch allows you to use 2,4,8 GB SDHC cards in your WM6 PPC.

[No Screenshot provided]

What is SDHC?
SD High Capacity (SDHC) card is the new SD™ memory card based on the SDA
2.00 specification, introduced by the SD Card Association. This new SDA 2.00
specification enables SD cards to reach higher capacities - 4GB-32GB*.
Because SDHC works differently then standard SD cards, this new format is not
backwards compatible with legacy SD format host devices.
More SDHC compatible devices are expected to be available in the second half of 2006.
To ensure compatibility, look for the SDHC logo on cards and host devices (cameras,
camcorders, etc.)
Compatibility with SDHC 4GB:
4GB SDHC cards can only work with SDHC compatible host
devices. To ensure compatibility, look for the SDHC logo on
the packaging. Please check with your device manufacturer
for their current/future supported SDHC devices.

Tested on Loox n520, MIO A701 wm5 WM5 HERMES .OTHERS..and working

screenshot001pf4.png

ps:
Made a backup in case if it is not work (fr:faite une sauvegarde au cas ou si ca fonctionne pas)

Attachments

• SDHC_WM6WM5.zip
    69.1 KB · Views: 58,848
Last edited:

Dr J

Mar 27, 2007
Ayrshire
is this possible on WM5, and if so, when? :D

edit-

was gonna test it on my Hermes WM5 with the 6Gb card from my Touch, but the ReadMe is kinda garbled and i don't wanna do the wrong thing...

instructions?

Last edited:

Dr J

Mar 27, 2007
Ayrshire
This Works!

IT WORKS ON MY WM5 HERMES!

i copied the .dll files to the device Windows folder, installed the Certs cab, then the SDHC cab, took out my 1Gb microSD and put in my 6Gb microSDHC, soft reset.... and it worked!

checked through it, all files there, browsed through my music with Audio Manager, played various tunes. all working fine.

took the 6Gb back out and put my 1Gb regular card back in and it is still working fine as well.

GREAT WORK! :D :D :D

NP9660

Oct 24, 2007
Belgium
Anyone now how much gig a Artemis with rom B&B4.3 can handle without this patch ? I have now 2gig inside and that works fine, but i dont now if it support more ? Thnx

zandadoum

Sep 13, 2007
This patch do not work on the Xda Flame.
Or more precisely, with this patch my to 2gb card is no more visible.
hm... in some old posts with patches that didn't work for me, i read about ppl. patching and not seeing their 2gb card anymore, but when they used a 4gb sdhc or bigger, it worked. did you try that?

Dr J

Mar 27, 2007
Ayrshire
This patch do not work on the Xda Flame.
Or more precisely, with this patch my to 2gb card is no more visible.

my regular 1GB card was not recognised by the Hermes after patch installation UNTIL i'd tried the 6GB card, which showed up fine, then swapping the cards back over, the 1GB appears with no problem.

evojulz

Mar 10, 2007
London
The SDHC DLL's will only read non SDHC cards that are formatted to FAT32. Try reformatting you old 1&2GB cards.

The drivers from this thread look like the ones that have been batted around in E-TEN forums with various levels of success on HTC devices.

If these don't work for you, have a look here for more options.

cancakmak

Mar 25, 2007
hp ipaq rw6815

does this patch function ok with my 6815 ?

as i learned from this forum that sdhc is just a driver problem not a hardware problem. So , if we can find the drivers we can use it with wm5 devices.

mj0955048500

Sep 30, 2007
SDHC card patch (Freeware)
Requirements: Windows Mobile 6 PocketPC tested with other WindowsMobile version
Overview: Patch for PPC running WM6 for reading 2,4,6,8 GB SDC cards. This patch allows you to use 2,4,8 GB SDHC cards in your WM6 PPC.

[No Screenshot provided]

What is SDHC?
SD High Capacity (SDHC) card is the new SD™ memory card based on the SDA
2.00 specification, introduced by the SD Card Association. This new SDA 2.00
specification enables SD cards to reach higher capacities - 4GB-32GB*.
Because SDHC works differently then standard SD cards, this new format is not
backwards compatible with legacy SD format host devices.
More SDHC compatible devices are expected to be available in the second half of 2006.
To ensure compatibility, look for the SDHC logo on cards and host devices (cameras,
camcorders, etc.)
Compatibility with SDHC 4GB:
4GB SDHC cards can only work with SDHC compatible host
devices. To ensure compatibility, look for the SDHC logo on
the packaging. Please check with your device manufacturer
for their current/future supported SDHC devices.

Tested on Loox n520, MIO A701 wm5 WM5 HERMES .OTHERS..and working

ps:
Made a backup in case if it is not work (fr:faite une sauvegarde au cas ou si ca fonctionne pas)

thank you share for us ,thanks

rublin

Dec 25, 2006
Does not work for Imate Jamin (Prophet G3) with WM6 (Magician 1.0)

Unfortunately, this patch does not work for Imate Jamin (Prophet G3) with WM6 (Magician 1.0). After installing it, I still can read my old 2GB SD card, but I cannot read 4GB SDHC card.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SDHC Success Axim X51v

Though it was not easy going, this thread did eventually prove as useful as I'd hoped. I recently purchased a Dell Axim X51v and was interested in adding SDHC support to it without flashing to a WM6.1 ROM (though I plan to eventually). After slogging through this thread (I pretty much read every post up to page 39!) I was successful at adding full SDHC capabilities to my X51v with the stock WM5.0 rom that it came from Dell with. This is how I did it.

I spent about 3 hours working with SDHC_WM6WM5.cab, SDHC_v071227.cab, SDHC.777.cab but none of these worked, I was able to replace the .dll files (which is manually required by 2 of those .cabs) by using the rename and replace trick that is explained numerous times earlier in this thread. I tried every combination of installing .cabs, replacing .dlls and soft reseting that I could possibly try all to no avail. As I read on further in the thread I did come across SDHC_DRIVERS_FOR_C550_AND_N560_BY_GreateVK_AND_FreePK. I originally disregarded this since right in its name is says it is for devices I am not working with. I don't even know what a C550 or an N560 are. Along I went reading further and reading more about people having success with SDHC_DRIVERS_FOR_C550_AND_N560_BY_GreateVK_AND_FreePK working on other things than what it is intended for. As a last ditch effort I figured what the hell I'll give it a try since it can't hurt. I ran the install and soft reset just as is instructed and did I just about fall out of my chair when I put in my HP 16GB SDHC card and it recognized it! 15.whatever it was GBs! I was extremely pleased.

I saw a few people along the way inquiring about whether anything worked with and Axim X51v, hopefully they figured it out themselves or they may come across my post. Thanks to all the posters that help me acheive success in the end!

Some things to note: I had cleared all the previous sdhc related cabs from my Ax. This was a bit of a tricky process. You have to reinstall the .cab (that you want to remove) which will tell you that it must uninstall the previous install first which is followed by a soft reset prompt. After the soft reset you can use the remove programs utility to fully remove from the program from the system. If you use the remove programs utility first it will tell you that it can't be fully removed in which case you have to fully reinstall and then follow the process that I listed anyhow. This took me a few tries to figure out, what a pain in the ass! I also replaced the stock .dlls in the Ax's windows directory so that it was back to the way it was before I tried any of the sdhc .cab files. I did all this before I ran SDHC_DRIVERS_FOR_C550_AND_N560_BY_GreateVK_AND_FreePK. I am using a windows vista system and transfered the SDHC_DRIVERS_FOR_C550_AND_N560_BY_GreateVK_AND_FreePK file directly onto the Ax's built in memory using the usb system to just copy and paste them to it like it was another storage card, I did not in anyway use the Windows Mobile Device Center (the vista compatible replacement for active sync).

I know this should help anyone looking to add SDHC support to an Axim X51v without flashing to a WM6.1 ROM, I don't know if it will help anyone else, but hopefully you will enjoy my lengthy post. :D

I stopped reading every page after I got it working so someone may have already posted about this previously in the 20 or so pages that I did not read.
    Hi.

I've applied the SDHC patch to my Loox 520. Simply installed the SDHC.cab and it asked to "reboot". Confirmed that, and after the reboot the SDHC (4 GB) was detected correctly. But now I have the problem that performance is very poor when accessing the sd card. Starting e.g. Navigon now takes 3 times longer than before. Also switching back to the 2GB sd card makes no difference.

I removed that SDHC patch via "Remove Programs", it was called "HTC SDHC" IIRC, and after an additional reboot, the performance of the 2gb card is back to normal.

Did someone encounter similar problems? for the record: I did NOT softreset the 520 though pressing the standby button and reset button (with pen). But I don't think that's a problem since the .cab made a soft-reset by itself and the card worked basically.

Any hints?

I assume you are using one of the patches on the first page of this thread? If so, have you tried the Loox N560 patch for SDHC. It seems to work on lots of other makes and models as well as Looxes. You have to do a soft reset after you install it. And you can uninstall it, if it does not work for you. It is here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=388364

Let us know if it works, please?