[APP] 100 Pushups - Beta - Stage1 - 0.1.9 [23/07/2010]

Search This thread

janneman22

Jan 21, 2009
Sommelsdijk
Finally I am back!!!!! Internet is all up and running :)

So what news do I bring? Well as I said there is an update which I will post when I get in from work tonight. I listened to what some of you said and I have changed a few things since the last GUI release.

Here is the change log since the last *GUI* version. Note: this is still a preview of the GUI version and not an official update from version 0.1.9.

• New Progress screen which shows current progress to 100 Push-ups. Graphs and logs can be accessed from here.
  • Removed Options button and Good Forms button (not needed at the moment).
  • Graph now shows data from test results and not the log. I feel this shows more accurate progress.
  • Removed the smart programme selection. Rubbish idea lol
  • You can now use your nose for the test screens :-D
  • Welcome message now on one screen which can be scrolled via finger flick.
  • "Todays Programme" screen now has 2 buttons when rest timer is activated. one to add 10 seconds and the other to skip the rest period and begin straight away.

I'm sure there is something I forgot????.... anyway there are 3 more things I need to add before I officially move the development to stage 2 and they are as follows.

• Add back the calender feature so you can set a reminder for your next workout.
  • Add a log import button. The log file from version 0.1.9 is different from the GUI log and will not work.
  • Add back Fill/Reset Log feature.

Keep it up. For sure i will use it when a nice stable version will be released:D

Gaz25

Jul 1, 2008
Bedford
Added update to Post #115

Edit: Just noticed something. After the last rep the rest timer seems to kick in. Sorry my bad, will fix this :)

Last edited:
Testing the new version. Great improvements were done!

New ICON looks great, if someone could make it HiRes, it would be perfect!

The option to skip rests works like a charm, but as already noticed in this thread, after the last set the counter kicks in again.

Now for the requests (and there's plenty of them)

In last set you could make the counter counting UP instead of down, so we can do more pushups and then confirm how many we managed to do (same as initial test). But I have no idea where to log it to... sorry! Progress screen maybe?

The alarm clock/schedule feature would be nice, as well as a logger to h t t p : / / w w w . p u s h u p s l o g g e r . c o m / (can't post links because I am a new user... =/) for the people with unlimited data plan (and limited free time...)

And some bug I found...

The app works flawlessly in both portrait and landscape modes but the screen fails to redraw itself when changing from portrait to landscape and vice-versa. Not sure if it is a bug of the app itself or if it is from my device (HTC Touch Pro running Gen.Y TP2X R2.6).

Looking forward for the RC version.

Cheers from Japan!

Last edited:

Gaz25

Jul 1, 2008
Bedford
New ICON looks great, if someone could make it HiRes, it would be perfect!

Yeah the program I used to make the icon only made it up to 48,48 so I need to find a better one. Also the corners are suppose to be transparent but on my phone they are black.

The option to skip rests works like a charm, but as already noticed in this thread, after the last set the counter kicks in again.

I have fixed this and will release this weekend :)

The app works flawlessly in both portrait and landscape modes but the screen fails to redraw itself when changing from portrait to landscape and vice-versa. Not sure if it is a bug of the app itself or if it is from my device (HTC Touch Pro running Gen.Y TP2X R2.6).

I only designed for portrait mode. So i'm glad it works. I will add full support for landscape mode.

The alarm clock/schedule feature would be nice, as well as a logger to h t t p : / / w w w . p u s h u p s l o g g e r . c o m / (can't post links because I am a new user... =/) for the people with unlimited data plan (and limited free time...)

I will have a look at this later and see what can be done.

ed_sambo

Nov 16, 2008
Hi Gaz

Are you still working on this app, as I was looking forward to the final version?

Many thanks for what you've done so far.

xnibis

Jul 14, 2010
Szczecin
Exactly what Ed have said, thanks for app - its first thing i install on the phone after flashing! Keep up the good work (if you can of course ;] )!

Gaz25

Jul 1, 2008
Bedford
Bad news and good news. The reason for the lack of updates is because my pc kind of blew up... (long story) any way, I lost everything :(

Good news is I have been developing the app at work as a pc app and so far I am very pleased, so the plan is, this weekend I build my new super pc :) and begin porting the app to a Windows mobile app. Stay tuned!

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

ed_sambo

Nov 16, 2008
Great news, Standing by, ready to test!!

Bad news and good news. The reason for the lack of updates is because my pc kind of blew up... (long story) any way, I lost everything :(

Good news is I have been developing the app at work as a pc app and so far I am very pleased, so the plan is, this weekend I build my new super pc :) and begin porting the app to a Windows mobile app. Stay tuned!

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

Excellent news Gaz, the fact you're still with us, not your PC blowing up obviously:rolleyes:

Looking forward to testing this for you when you're ready.

rudy-salameh

Mar 24, 2010
Any news??

Hi, I love this app and I've been checking every now and then to see if you have posted a newer version...

and my question is: are you still developing the app, or have you stopped???

Top Liked Posts