[Q] Does Desire support class 10 SD cards?

Search This thread

Zseblampas

Oct 12, 2017
Has anyone figured out what the SD card controller in the Desire is capapble of?

BTW, I own a HTC Desire S but that should not make too much of a difference I presume.
I know that this is an old thread, but i use a Class 10 U3 32GB microSD in my Bravo. My ROM is a customised R.S.K. SE Deodex with DK2nand (this means that only Dalvik is on the Nand, every other component is on SD). Formerly i used a 16GB class 10 microSD and i feel some improvement in the loading speed of the apps and the boot time. Btw., i don't think that it can be improved further, the speed difference is not that much between the two cards as the specifications suggests.
So, to answer your question, the built-in card controller may have its maximum somewhere between the Class 10 and U3 specified speeds (10 and 30MB/s).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You will spot BIG difference in running any DHD (or normal) + DATA2SD Rom on class 6 and 10. If you are using the phone "on daily basis" you don't even need root. If you want to have full custom lil monster of space (DATA2SD), performance (Custom ROM) and speed (Class 10 SD Card + Overclocking), class 10 16 GB card is must have ;)
    Yes it supports Class 10 . I completely agree with the previous post ;)
    This ADATA class 10 16 gb just amazed me.

Model:
    They are sold in 2 versions but card itself is the same. Difference is only in add-ons.
    AUSDH16GCL10-RM3RDRD Cheaper with red USB adapter (the one I've got)
    AUSDH16GCL10-RM3BKBL More expensive (about 8 $ more) with SD card adapter (that you don't need or have plenty of those), with black/blue light USB adapter (wich U will use probably once for benchmarks)

Both USB Adapters are really small and you can show off with MicroSD card literally going under the USB plug.

Price:
    I've paid 125 PLN that is about 40 $ at internet shop (be careful on ebay as they sell chinese cheap fake crap from dealextreme.com). Card is doing very well especially if you compare speed and price to Kingston or SanDisk.

Speed:
    I'm not professional IT technician so I was really surprised that home made benchmark went better than Kingston's (usually overboosted) found on benchmarking site.

Performance:
    StarBurst with Siebre's dedicated DATA2SD runs smoothly, especially after last Siebre's dalvik2nand update.

Long Story Short:
    I'm happy with cheap genuine ADATA Class 10 16 gb card.

Swyped via StarBurst Desire.